Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Driving range re-opened.

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Why has that thread dis-appeared???

I, and others who posted on it are glad to support it. It's a healthy pastime and will help hopefully keep my kids busy at a healthy outdoor pursuit this summer. It's a good news story and is an extra amenity in the locality. I would have expected that this forum should be supporting this type of endeavour!

N.B. I have no involvement with this enterprise in any manner, just a local who supports local facilities and businesses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

i agree,absolute joke to delete that imo

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't know, presume it's deemed advertising

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

Advertising???? Surely not, just informing us of proposed re-opening dates & looking for pointers for potential improvements. This forum seems to have more than it's fair share of threads on the "Script/Woodlands" pub and Jackie Skellys Leisure centre... If the same rule applies, would these not be deemed to be "advertising" too??? I don't consider it advertising, just local information for all three ventures mentioned.

Not looking for a row, just parity of esteem and fair play for all...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I reported the user for spamming on the spamming thread in feedback. They spammed multiple forums with the same post. It was nothing to do with this forums mods.

The user was then sitebanned by an Admin. When someone is sitebanned for spamming their posts are also removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I never saw the original post. Whether it was posted on several forums or not, it definitely WAS relevant and on-topic for this forum. Thanks to the guys who started this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have known that the driving range is re-opening.

Is it open already? Are there any other details I missed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

spamming multiple forums is a big no-no.

there was a thread already open on this topic, they could have posted on that.

(I had nothing to do with the thread being deleted though).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Twas admin intervention which leaves our hands tied! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The driving range re-opens on the 26th. June 2010

All's well that ends well. Another amenity for the area. :)

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    The driving range re-opens on the 26th. June 2010

no,the original poster said that date was a mistake and a new date would be arranged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

They said that they hoped to open on the 26th, and the sign posted on the door was wrong, which said it would open on the 21st or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 appleface

Hi There, the correct opening day is 26th June, saw it on their facebook page, cheers

appleface wrote: »
    Hi There, the correct opening day is 26th June, saw it on their facebook page, cheers

i know it's ur first post but read the entire thread pls,owner informed us last night that that date has to be changed,something to do with suppliers or something,so the facebook is wrong

thanks heavyballs, not sure what all the drama is, I'm just going by the facebook site, I accepted them as a friend today, they seem to be adding everyone in the county as a friend, in their updates and they seem to be banging on about 26th june.

appleface wrote: »
    thanks heavyballs, not sure what all the drama is, I'm just going by the facebook site, I accepted them as a friend today, they seem to be adding everyone in the county as a friend, in their updates and they seem to be banging on about 26th june.

no drama at all,heavyballs get thick too quick sometimes,they should update the date so as it is incorrect,

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

Was down there today - it's looking good. They've done a bit of work on the reception area. There's a decent shop with Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist etc. The range balls were top notch - Taylor Made - I've played rounds with worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Whats the cost of a bucket? thinking of popping down this weeked for a loosener...are the bag friendly or just take loose clubs?

Good to see it's open again. I'll have to drop in there with my young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

Whats the cost of a bucket? thinking of popping down this weeked for a loosener...are the bag friendly or just take loose clubs?

Fiver for small basket of 60 balls, €8 for large basket (120 I think). They do have weekday morning/afternoon rates which are much cheaper and loyalty offers too. I brought a bag down without any problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

mirrorball wrote: »
    Fiver for small basket of 60 balls, €8 for large basket (120 I think). They do have weekday morning/afternoon rates which are much cheaper and loyalty offers too. I brought a bag down without any problem.

Thanks mirror, think ill have a pop down tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hi,
    Titleist are going to be at the range from 11 till 4 this coming Thursday if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

any one know if they rent clubs down there?

Club hire is free :D

Advertisement