Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling from the East coast

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Are many people making the trip across to the west each week? Just wondered what sort of numbers would be actually making the trip on a regular basis. Would there be an interest in a regular service to lets say bundoran, leaving on a Friday at 6 and returning Sunday evening? Would any of you surfers be interested in this service? Just interested in finding out numbers before I set it up.
    Cheers
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

There was a surf coach service between dublin and bundoran, don't think it went down well the locals:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mickus40

Oh really!:( Guess I didnt account for the local wave mafia. Thanks for the info, didnt realise there had been a bus and it was discontinued. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Not sure of the full details but wouldn't want to put you off either

But its worth asking want kind of service your hoping to offer, is it just a bus service to Bundoran, or will you be taking people to the breaks once you get there

And if you take a group of surfers surfing, do you have to be ISA quilified and do you need some sort of insurance to do it

Best of Luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

plus all these things are dependent on conditions, no point going if it's flat or 20ft and blown out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

By the way, I am driving to Enniscrone (from south Dublin) tomorrow (on Sunday) early in the morning to tease some rental foamie before lunch.
    If you want to come along, just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mickus40

Thanks for the offer thonda, no can do this weekend. Hope you have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I could not go, I was called back to work when I was already in Mullingar :/ Next time, I hope.

Advertisement