Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gig Update

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just an idea that maybe we use this thread to alert people of new gigs, for example, say Arcade Fire announce a new show in ireland for october, if a user as normal creates a thread about it, but if they also posted a single post here and linked to that thread. That way people interested in being alerted to Irish gigs should not miss out on events through this without having to check out the gigs and alert forum that often.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Isn't this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=124 a good enough list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

no, as I can't set up an email alert of that and it is filled for large parts of the year with events such as oxygen, EP, Rock Werchter etc. It would mean checking that page every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

no, as I can't set up an email alert of that and it is filled for large parts of the year with events such as oxygen, EP, Rock Werchter etc. It would mean checking that page every single day.

you dont need boards to let you know about gigs.
    if you do, you really need to brance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

You can create an RSS feed though and that'll give you updates when there's a new thread.

you dont need boards to let you know about gigs.
    if you do, you really need to brance out.

we have the same sig!

branch out where? I use last.fm/events and get stupid ticketmaster alerts, but by the time I find a gig on these they are already sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

How is that really any different to checking the subforum every day? Maybe you can get alerts, but it takes around 30seconds to check this forum and see if there are any new threads that interest you.

How is that really any different to checking the subforum every day? Maybe you can get alerts, but it takes around 30seconds to check this forum and see if there are any new threads that interest you.

Because its a pain in the ass checking the sub-forum every day

and I can't access boards from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Because its a pain in the ass checking the sub-forum every day

and I can't access boards from work.

why don't you just subscribe to the gigs & events rss feed?

just forget it, I thought this was something multiple people would like and be up for collaborating on, clearly its not.

Advertisement