Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of Indian PC Doctors phone calls

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

flutered wrote: »

insist it has a high sharp whistle, test it before purchase.
    Or maybe the old grey whistle test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

If they say in their deepest Indian voice "thank you please call again" i think i mite fall for their scam:D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

Ideo wrote: »
    These Indian guys are calling my parents 3 - 5 times a day sometimes and it is becoming a huge pain in the ass. How can I stop them from calling/block their numbers? Any suggestions???

In the meantime, I will buy a whistle tomorrow.

This bunch are calling my parents as well. One of them told me to go **** myself today, no kidding. I told him to take the number off the call list and he told me to go **** myself! Ha! I let it get me angry earlier on, but then they rang me twice again after. It rotates the caller always as well. I asked the next guy what he was wearing and that confused the **** out of him. Next guy I asked real calmly if he believed in karma and that through him right off the track. A girl was one of the callers yesterday, which I found odd.

Anyway, the Eircom person told me that there's been a thousand complaints before mine today and they've passed it on to the guards. No blocking or anything like that can be done, she said. If they keep calling, I'm just gonna keep ****ing with them. May as well at least try get a rise out of the bast@rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

By the way, I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

i don't know what all this bad mouthing the indian pc doc's is about....they fixed my pc over the phone and accepted a false credit card number:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Just do what I do. I take out my old fisher price "First Talking Computer" that I dug out of the attic for just this occasion. When they tell me my computer is affected I act very worried and appreciative of them ringing me. When they tell me to turn on the computer I do so.

"Please choose an activity"

ME: It's telling me to choose an activity. What do I do now?
    SHAFIQ: "Eh...I don't eh...what kind of windows do you have?"
    ME: Eh windows? Double glazing...would that have something to do with it?
    SHAFIQ: No...on your computer..windows on your computer
    ME: Oh I see...yes...sorry, I see windows now....will I press it?
    SHAFIQ: Eh...what? Yes ok
    ME: OK

"How many trees can you see out of the window"

ME: It's asking me how many trees I can see? Will I just answer?
    SHAFIQ: Fcuk sake *hangs up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Just do what I do. I take out my old fisher price "First Talking Computer" that I dug out of the attic for just this occasion. When they tell me my computer is affected I act very worried and appreciative of them ringing me. When they tell me to turn on the computer I do so.

"Please choose an activity"

ME: It's telling me to choose an activity. What do I do now?
    SHAFIQ: "Eh...I don't eh...what kind of windows do you have?"
    ME: Eh windows? Double glazing...would that have something to do with it?
    SHAFIQ: No...on your computer..windows on your computer
    ME: Oh I see...yes...sorry, I see windows now....will I press it?
    SHAFIQ: Eh...what? Yes ok
    ME: OK

"How many trees can you see out of the window"

ME: It's asking me how many trees I can see? Will I just answer?
    SHAFIQ: Fcuk sake *hangs up*

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

Next time just say

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my Computer go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

They ring here all the time. I find telling them you have a Mac shuts them up. I was told last time that they'd connect me to their "Mac services" but they quickly hung up and haven't called since.
    Speaking French/Irish/any other language seems to make scam callers leave you be too... Unless in the unfortunate occassion when the guy calling speaks perfect French back and you only have LC phrases to answer with... Zut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

See these annoying b@stards are back again. Have had 15 calls(including missed ones) in the last week. Despite telling them politely to stop ringing and not so politely they are still calling twice a day. Any ideas on stopping the calls

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not really Waterford related, also this is a old thread.
    Mega thread already on this topic in the computers forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055837564

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement