Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

axminister import

Options
  • 06-06-2010 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi

have any of you imported from axminster before.

I'm gonna get a double drum sander, an edge sander and bandsaw. Delivery is only £250 to offaly. the overall value is great with all included price of €2700 inc delivery. I'm just a bit weary that when i get the stuff i might be a bit dissapointed.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

i regularly buy off them and have never been disappointed :) but as with anything it all depends on what you want it for and that you get what you pay for but in relation to customer service etc there a1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 footinturf

The bandsaw is ''industrial rated'' and the drum sander and edge sander are ''trade rated''.

From your expierience are these ratings trustworthy?

I'm glad to hear their customer service is good, I was a bit worried that it might be poor outside of the uk.

If I could find a good second hand single phase bandsaw I would buy one, but their seems to be very little second hand deals available in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

yes generally their ratings are quite good. i have never had a problem with them yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've never bought any machines from them but I've bought plenty of power and hand tools from them in recent years (in fact I'm expecting a small delivery this week, yippee!). I've found them good on customer service and quality (I have returned faulty goods without problem). I think the old "caveat emptor" does apply though in the case of some of their own brand stuff- but this is usually borne out with some of the cheap tools they sell. I wouldn't expect too much from a £50 wet tile saw for example, but I've seen good reviews of a lot of their middle of the range woodworking machinery. Sounds like you're spending a reasonable amount of money anyway so all should be okay. Please give some feedback here when you've had a chance to put your purchases to the test!

Advertisement