Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Thank you CSM FAN for your kind words and photos. The game on Thursday night was an example of what football should be . Two teams trying to win in by just playing football-you you barely know the ref was there. The atmosphere was great and we got plenty to cheer about against your lads whose passing and movement was a delight.Good luck in the next few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Thanks a lot CSM Fan. And thank you for all your posts and information about Maritimo and Madiera. Hopefully Maritimo go on to do well in the competition. I now have a Portugese team to look out for in the Portugese league.:)

You will always have an open invite to any Fingal games.

Dont be a stranger on this thread either.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

Thank you people !

For sure I will go to a game of Fingal in future, and this time in Morton Stadium I hope.

Me and my Girlfriend we had great time in Dublin, and we are even thinking to move to Dublin, so that would be great and more easy tor me to can Follow Fingal, and assist the develop of the club. Im sure this club will gow ! This is just the first steps, and brilliant ones !

hs05230small.jpg

hs05262small.jpg

hs05290small.jpg

hs05301small.jpg

hs05322small.jpg

hs05352small.jpg

hs05415small.jpg

hs05206small.jpg

Here some pics of the Lunch offered by Fingal

About Maritimo, Im quite optimist against Bangor City, I dont think they are better than Fingal at all, and Maritimo will play against them with more pre season working days than against Fingal.

Now Fingal need to concentrate in Irish League to can repeat a presence in European Competitions, and with that win International experience.

CMON FINGAL !!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Some good photos there, I even managed to sneak into one of those shots!

Great support at the game and certainly helped the lads along I'm sure.

The supporters club should be very proud of their contribution. Only one lull in the game, when the 2nd Maritimo goal went in. I think a couple more drums would help!

Hopefully we can give Pats a good run tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Thanks CSMFAN for all your contributions, photographs and info that you have passed on. I hope Maritimo get into the group stages, some excellent players there whose counter attacking was sublime. As has been posted by others keep in touch and keep us updated on how they are doing i think a few of us here will be keeping an eye on your team in the future.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Some good photos there, I even managed to sneak into one of those shots!

Great support at the game and certainly helped the lads along I'm sure.

The supporters club should be very proud of their contribution. Only one lull in the game, when the 2nd Maritimo goal went in. I think a couple more drums would help!

Hopefully we can give Pats a good run tomorrow.

in fairness it was right from the free kick they got after our goal was ruled offside which would have made it 1-1 so surely you can forgive us for that :p mayb you mite buy a drum or bodhron and join us :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

in fairness it was right from the free kick they got after our goal was ruled offside which would have made it 1-1 so surely you can forgive us for that :p mayb you mite buy a drum or bodhron and join us :rolleyes:

ye once we got over the lull the lads kept at it cheering and shouting, and once we scored, we really got going....its just a pity we didnt score sooner.
    CSFMAN wrote: »
    For sure I will go to a game of Fingal in future, and this time in Morton Stadium I hope.

Me and my Girlfriend we had great time in Dublin, and we are even thinking to move to Dublin, so that would be great and more easy tor me to can Follow Fingal, and assist the develop of the club. Im sure this club will gow ! This is just the first steps, and brilliant ones !

please do, as has been said we'll be interested in maritimo results esp if they go on to win stuff we can say that well while we may have lost, we lost to a great team ;).
    likewise itd be great for you to come along and see how we are getting along.

Bear in mind that we have only just been promoted and are in the middle of a title battle (esp if we win on sunday!!).

In general, the 2000 attendence is great to see, and hopefully won us some more reg fans (esp for away games in dub?)! while we were beaten by the better team its still hurts to be out only as we started., but it def helped our image and our status and has helped develop the spirit of the club!! lol
    hopefully we can kick on from here and beat st pats on sunday.

great to see the lads in the LOI team hopefully the experience will be good for them.....that siad i still think id prefer to be in tallaght with the scum playing juve....lol

Sorry, wasn't ment as a criticism. I should do just that and buy a drum!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was looking forward to the game today, but won't be able to make it now. Very disappointed. Instead, I'll have to keep an eye on the score online. :(

Hopefully a good result to keep the top of the table within reach for the final stretch.

I can't get to it either, airshow in Bray too much of a draw.

• Advertisement

1-1 seems like a decent result away from home. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to let in a late goal (88th min). 1-1 will do though.

Paulw wrote: »
    1-1 seems like a decent result away from home. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to let in a late goal (88th min). 1-1 will do though.

Felt like a defeat in the end.:( Unfortunately it wasnt the best keeping from Clarke that led to the goal. He came for a cross and the player beat him to it to head into an empty net.

Not a great match overall but it did improve a lot in the second half. We had Williams and Gannon playing centre-backs and in fairness to them they where brilliant.
    On the plus side its nice to have G O Neil back.:) and at least we didnt lose but we really need the 3 point against Rovers this weekend to stay in touch with the top teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSMFAN wrote: »
    About Maritimo, Im quite optimist against Bangor City, I dont think they are better than Fingal at all, and Maritimo will play against them with more pre season working days than against Fingal.

Now Fingal need to concentrate in Irish League to can repeat a presence in European Competitions, and with that win International experience.

CMON FINGAL !!!

Cheers

You should have no problem with Bangor. With an extra week or two of training under your belts you will blow them away. Maybe work on that defence of yours :D

Like everyone else on the forum I too will be watching Maritimo's results for the upcoming season.

Agree with you Lamper-sort of felt like a defeat afterwards. All that good work by the lads throughout the game undone by Clarkes howler . The positives were a solid defensive display and midfield got going when the game opened up in the 2nd half . Conan Byrne my man of the match on his 110th consequitive start-what a player. Good to have Gary O'Neill back,gives us more threat up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Conan'a record ended when he didnt play in the leinster senior cup semi V shells. 107 i think it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Two things occurred to me at St Pat's:
    1. It's obvious, but Gary O'Neill makes a huge difference to the team: If Glenn Crowe had been on the pitch we would not have scored that goal on Sunday. The way Gary took the ball, turned, held it, and passed it on to Ronan Finn on the wing was brilliant. Glenn doesn't do that in that position: he just flicks it off and runs on. It works sometimes (remember the winner against Dundalk) but usually it doesn't. Gary has so much more going on.
    2. More importantly: If we defend next year like we have been this year we are in serious trouble. Derry and Waterford are not the mugs that Bray and Drogheda are and even Drogheda beat us last week. Don't know, just getting a little tired of going in front and then getting pegged back. I can see that Bucko's doing the right thing: buying Hawkins and even Cahill and we're shafted with injuries but does anyone have any ideas on what else could be done? Anyone got a spare 20 million to buy Buffon?

Mannus would do. We could have won the Maritimo game with him in goal as he is a diffrent class to any other keeper in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr.magooey

Mannus would do. We could have won the Maritimo game with him in goal as he is a diffrent class to any other keeper in the league.

He is far and away the best in the league. He is not unbeatable though as Rovers do have 'goals against' in the league table so to say you could beat Maritimo by having him is IMO off the mark.

Of the last four or five weeks watching MNS would I be right to say each game bar Bray has had the concession of goals and most importantly late goals by balls pumped into the box? Route one basic defending. Has the team had the same back four in a run of three or four games all year?

I think we really need a stable back 4. I don't think you can blame the keeper for everything. Yeah, Clarke made a mistake at the last game, and he put his hand up and said sorry. But, if the whole team defended properly there would be less issues.

We have been somewhat cursed with injury at the back this season, but look at where we are in the league.

The problem is not having a settled back four for any length of time.
    How many times have we had the same back four two games in a row? Not many im guessing.
    I also wonder how many times we have had to play with a midfielder or a right/left back in the centre. The problem lies in not having any consistency at the back.
    I doubt anybody would consider any of our first choice defenders bad. Its just they never get to play with each other enough to form the required partnership esp at centre-back.

In saying all that, the two lads at centre-back against pats (Williams/Gannon) where brilliant against the highest scorers in the league and if it where not for an unfortunate error in judgement by Clarke we would be talking about how good they where.

Any word on the injuries to Maher and Browne? I know Hawkins will be a few more weeks.

• Advertisement

born2bwild wrote: »
    Two things occurred to me at St Pat's:
    1. It's obvious, but Gary O'Neill makes a huge difference to the team: If Glenn Crowe had been on the pitch we would not have scored that goal on Sunday. The way Gary took the ball, turned, held it, and passed it on to Ronan Finn on the wing was brilliant. Glenn doesn't do that in that position: he just flicks it off and runs on. It works sometimes (remember the winner against Dundalk) but usually it doesn't. Gary has so much more going on.
    2. More importantly: If we defend next year like we have been this year we are in serious trouble. Derry and Waterford are not the mugs that Bray and Drogheda are and even Drogheda beat us last week. Don't know, just getting a little tired of going in front and then getting pegged back. I can see that Bucko's doing the right thing: buying Hawkins and even Cahill and we're shafted with injuries but does anyone have any ideas on what else could be done? Anyone got a spare 20 million to buy Buffon?

Make sure Kirby starts as many games as possible. We are a different animal when he is on, he leads by example and fights for every ball relieving pressure on our defense, he is the first player to drop back and chase down, win the ball and then a quick short pass to Mc Faul or Williams and then he's back up in position. He drives the team forward like no one else on the pitch. He's not a afraid to get in anyones face when the need calls for it. He can pick out a run from Williams, Finn or Conan. He can hold up the ball and put through O'Neill, Zayhed or Crowe.

Thats just my humble opinion on the matter and the pizza has arrived soooooo laterZ

Paulw wrote: »
    I think we really need a stable back 4. I don't think you can blame the keeper for everything. Yeah, Clarke made a mistake at the last game, and he put his hand up and said sorry. But, if the whole team defended properly there would be less issues.

We have been somewhat cursed with injury at the back this season, but look at where we are in the league.

He should have put both hands up and caught the feckin thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

When everybody is back fit and healthy my back 4 would be

O'Brien
    Hawkins
    Browne
    Lorcan

Hard choice for GK because both are quite error prone but i'd probably keep Clarkie in because he is a better distributor of the ball.

Don't rate Maher at all, hes too slow, plays hoof ball a lot of the time which the other lads certainly try not to do and then I have seen him on numerous times blame other players when he is the one at fault. (Case in point when we conceded the peno against Maritimo)

Delighted O'Neill is back, we are a much better team when he is playing. Crowie did a good job and hopefully Mcfaul can get fit over the break because he seems to be carrying a knock the past few games.

I have not seen Hawkins play yet so i can't pass judgement on him, and i am a fan of Maher, think he keeps a calm head about him when he is being charged down by the opposition and 9 times out of 10 he does a little dink and leaves the player flat footed and redfaced then a simple pass out. But it is without doubt that Kenny Browne always starts. He has been outstanding, him and Finn have excelled beyond my expectations this season. So my team. 4-2-3-1
    Clarke
    O'Brien, Maher, Browne, Fitzgerald
    McFaul, Williams
    Byrne, Finn, Kirby
    O'Neill
    This way you shore up the defence, while still allowing our full backs when needed to attack the wings. Finn attacks through the middle and controls the passing. Williams sits just a little higher than Mc Faul but not to high.
    Hey presto the league is ours...anyone for a Carlsberg?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supporter1910

Hy Everyone,

Came here to see if anyone wants to change one ticket about the games of Europe League.
    I have one extra-ticket of the 1st round played in Madeira, and i need one ticket of 2nd round in Dublin. (I'm collecting all CSMarítimo UEFA tickets games.)

If anyone wants to change with me, please contact me.

Cheers from Portugal... and good luck for Irish League

I have a ticket you can have. Pm me with any info you want.

http://tv1.rtp.pt/EPG/tv/epg-dia.php?canal=4

Maritimo V Bangor might be on here if anyone would prefer to watch that one instead of Rovers :)

8-2 Maritimo tonight.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    8-2 Maritimo tonight.

Well, at least Bangor emulated fingal in one way. They got 2 away goals:)

• Advertisement

Looking forward to Rovers coming out on Sunday. We are well able to beat them, even with the spector of the italian giants to come on their soil.

If only we'd managed to get past Maritimo, could have had a giant of our own in round 4!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement