Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

An opportunity to gain some ground due to the fact Bohs and Pats drew yesterday. Its been too long since we won at home (Galway I think) So a win against Rovers is a must.
    Hopefully a decent crowd tomorrow.

On another note. Got this link to a Custom flag site from P. STU. Im just wondering is it about time we started to get more colour into the stadium. Maybe some custom flags to represent where the different fans are coming from. Swords, Rush, Skerries etc.

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/

Maybe some people would know other Flag sites or shops? Or have some ideas for flags.

I know JohnNightmare is dieing to get a flag with THE RAVENS written all over it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

An opportunity to gain some ground due to the fact Bohs and Pats drew yesterday. Its been too long since we won at home (Galway I think) So a win against Rovers is a must.

On another note. Got this link to a Custom flag site from P. STU. Im just wondering is it about time we started to get more colour into the stadium. Maybe some custom flags to represent where the different fans are coming from. Swords, Rush, Skerries etc.

Maybe some people would know other Flag sites or shops? Or have some ideas for flags.

I know JohnNightmare is dieing to get a flag with THE RAVENS written all over it.:p

club....SPORTING FINGAL

mascot......FREDDY THE FOX

RUSH RAVENS...... ah i see

club....SPORTING FINGAL

mascot......FREDDY THE FOX

Crest has a Raven and is associated with the area of Fingal

RUSH RAVENS...... ah i see

Fixed that for ya ;)

Edit

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/flagdesigner.php?flagid=34107 :)

i like that:D..............mite be converted:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Yeah i'd be willin to pay for that one as long as Johnny parades around the pitch dressed as a raven wrapped in it:D

• Advertisement

Yeah i'd be willin to pay for that one as long as i get to parade around the pitch dressed as a raven wrapped in it:D

well if you realy want to:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

ye def gud chance tomorrow and we need to start wining against the big teams.

Ive been dying to find out how to get flags so ye i will defo try get some.

Im thinking massive black flags.....very intimidating....

or maybe a nice quote from the poem the raven. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wow, that rain certainly had an impact on the game. A fair enough result in the end, but we should have won.

Great to see Gary O'Neill back again, and well taken goal by him. In fact, Conan played great on the wing and created a great goal for Zayed. Great shot too by Finn.

3 well taken goals, but can't be happy with giving away 3 goals, which seemed a little soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Really enjoyable game that we should possibly have won . Pity that ball fell to Kenny Browne late on . Glen Crowe would have finished it .
    Found that loudspeaker announcer at the game today really annoying.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Really enjoyable game that we should possibly have won . Pity that ball fell to Kenny Browne late on . Glen Crowe would have finished it .
    Found that loudspeaker announcer at the game today really annoying.

Too much messing and the fart noises:confused:. What was going on there? The wrong music was played after goals and for too long also.

As far as I know this was the music and it doesnt suite after a goal is scored (imo of course). Maybe when the teams are walking out but not for a goal. It just felt all wrong. I feel good by James Brown would be better suited or something similar when a goal is scored.

I miss the Kill Bill music we used to play when the teams where walking out. Always thought it was a great song to use for the lads coming out onto the pitch.

• Advertisement

Too much messing and the fart noises:confused:. What was going on there?

As far as I know this was the music and it doesnt suite after a goal is scored (imo of course).

I miss the Kill Bill music we used to play when the teams where walking out. Always thought it was a great song to use for the lads coming out onto the pitch.

I have to agree about the music. Very poor choice. I'll have a word, but no harm in the supporters making their collective voice known to Joe Corr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

I dont believe its necessary to play any music when we score . Just let the players and fans enjoy the celebration. Those fart noises that were played when Rovers scored were very unsporting. Our two clubs have had a good relationship ,lets not spoil it.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    I dont believe its necessary to play any music when we score . Just let the players and fans enjoy the celebration. Those fart noises that were played when Rovers scored were very unsporting. Our two clubs have had a good relationship ,lets not spoil it.

Personally I like a song being played when we score but one that suits the situation. The right song can help greatly with the atmosphere.

I think it was the Proclaimers that scotland would play when they scored and it would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Not saying we can emulate that of course but as said the right song can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

How about that song that gets played at the break in the Darts premier league. ? At the end of it we could shout Fingal as it would fit in ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqp54_zIBTk&feature=related

How about that song that gets played at the break in the Darts premier league. ? At the end of it we could shout Fingal as it would fit in ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqp54_zIBTk&feature=related

Perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208

Funny, great prediction on the first page by Pineapple Stu! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208

Funny, great prediction on the first page by Pineapple Stu! :D

He knows his stuff. So he keeps telling me anyway ;)

I know stuff :)

Sporting Fingal are going supersonic :)

Fingal to beat Barcelona in the first match to open the new stadium :)

fingal to win champions league in fifa 2011 out next month:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Funny, I'm making the same prediction too: I think SFFC will buy Messi, Iniesta, Rooney and Ronaldo on the way.

• Advertisement

The Fingal lads did well last night in the Aviva stadium.

Shauny Williams played quite well. Always looking for the ball, and plenty of good marking. He kept Owen and Shrek (Rooney) quiet a bit, with some close marking.

Kirby did well when he came on. He usual game, chasing down players, and trying to control the game.

Ger O'Brien didn't have much time at all, and didn't see that much of the ball.

Not a bad night so, aside from the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

As Paul said, a disappointing result but a good display from Williams and Kirby. Very impressed with the former, taking the ball off Rooney in the box early on, we'll have to make up a song about that.

Oh, and Robbie Horgan didn't do too bad in goals for the half time penalty shoot either. :D

Just uploaded picts from the game to my website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Bangor City 1 - 2 Maritimo in tonights game.

For any one who's interested.

Thats 10 - 3 on agg.

I really think if we had of beaten Maritimo we would have been well able for Bangor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

S Williams was great last night. I was disapppointed with how everyone was cheering for united. What a stadium, though! I stayed on for pints afterwards in the Aviva: very plush. It's nothing compared to tomorrow's (tonight's) venue: Terryland Park. We need a result!!!! I'm driving down and back tomorrow: hope to see everyone there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Bangor City 1 - 2 Maritimo in tonights game.

For any one who's interested.

Thats 10 - 3 on agg.

I really think if we had of beaten Maritimo we would have been well able for Bangor.

Lads I've seen some over optimistic posts on here but don't doubt yourselves on this one.

If you'd beaten Maritimo you wouldn't have been 'well able' for Bangor. You'd have f*cking murdered them. No doubt. Not 1% of doubt. Not .1% of doubt. You'd have lashed them out of it big time. Maybe not 10-3 but a comfortable 3-4 goal aggregate cushion would have been what happend.

The thing is this, though, you need to get into europe every year. For LoI clubs that want to compete at that level and progress you really can't afford a year or two off. You need the money, the experience and the motivation (amongst many other things) of playing at that level.

Its a tough ask this season with 4 teams up at the top of the table and the cup as a lottery but if I was one of you lads my heart would be set on european football. It makes such a big difference you wouldn't believe it

S23 wrote: »
    Lads I've seen some over optimistic posts on here but don't doubt yourselves on this one.

If you'd beaten Maritimo you wouldn't have been 'well able' for Bangor. You'd have f*cking murdered them. No doubt. Not 1% of doubt. Not .1% of doubt. You'd have lashed them out of it big time. Maybe not 10-3 but a comfortable 3-4 goal aggregate cushion would have been what happend.

The thing is this, though, you need to get into europe every year. For LoI clubs that want to compete at that level and progress you really can't afford a year or two off. You need the money, the experience and the motivation (amongst many other things) of playing at that level.

Its a tough ask this season with 4 teams up at the top of the table and the cup as a lottery but if I was one of you lads my heart would be set on european football. It makes such a big difference you wouldn't believe it

I 100% agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

How do you fancy your chances on Friday lads? Dundalk are on a very poor run but a few news brought in by Foster look decent.

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    How do you fancy your chances on Friday lads? Dundalk are on a very poor run but a few news brought in by Foster look decent.

Usually Dundalk would be a hard game but based on recent form from Dundalk anything but 3 points would be a disaster. No offence, but we really need the 3 if we are to challenge for europe. All the other top sides have very winable games so we need to win this one to keep in touch with them.

On another note its great to get back to Friday night games. Due to European games and my holiday, I hav nt had a game in morton on a friday night in god knows how long. Really looking forward to it. Always a better atmosphere on a friday and hopefully we can get a few more heads in than we have recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement