Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Yeah how many flew over the bar? And I think if MNS bother their collective hole with tv evidence, they'll show that we actually scored in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

born2bwild wrote: »
    Yeah how many flew over the bar? And I think if MNS bother their collective hole with tv evidence, they'll show that we actually scored in the second half.

Doubt that will happen as they usually show us near the end and they end up running out of time and saying feck all about our match:mad:

I would much prefer if they cut out all the so called comedy crap and just focused on the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If you cut out the comedy there wouldnt be much football to show apart from us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I wasn't at the game, but was talking to a few of the players today, at the Harmony Cup in Sportslink. They were obviously happy with the result but disappointed that they didn't put more away and finished the game off. That being said, I believe that UCD were missing a number of their top players.

On a comical note, it seems that McFaul and Finn are going for his and hers identical haircuts/styles. Wait and see Monday. :D

Paulw wrote: »
    I wasn't at the game, but was talking to a few of the players today, at the Harmony Cup in Sportslink. They were obviously happy with the result but disappointed that they didn't put more away and finished the game off. That being said, I believe that UCD were missing a number of their top players.

On a comical note, it seems that McFaul and Finn are going for his and hers identical haircuts/styles. Wait and see Monday. :D

Yeah, they play for us now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Only 2 points off a European slot. Pat's at home tommorow night will be a tough encounter, they are a tough team to break down so should be a hard night and hopefully a good nights football.
    As far as i can remember Pats were our first encounter with a Premier league club in a cup game that for me was one of the best games in our first year, Colm James's last minute penalty securing a replay in inchicore, which we lost but we made amends the following year.
    So looking forward to it and hopefully a good turnout to cheer the lads on.

Just thought Id pop the league table up. Well the top half anyway.

............................P.....W.....D.....L.....GD.....PTS

Shamrock Rovers.....26...14.....9.....3.....19.....51

St Pats.................26...13.....7....6.....22.....46

Bohs.....................26....13.....7....6.....13......46

Sporting Fingal.....26....11....11...4....12......44

Sligo Rvs...............27....11.....10...6.....19......43

A lot of football still to be played (9 games after tonights) but Shamrock Rvs look like the strong favourites at the moment.

Hard to say which way Pats and Bohs are heading. Pats are very steady and Bohs are up and down all season.

We are on a bit of a run at the moment but we where playing teams we would have expected to beat. We really need to step up and start taking 3 points off the teams around us. Sligo is the only team we have beaten out off that top 5. In saying that , Bohs are the only team to beat us out of that top 5. Too many draws has been our downfall this season and in a good few of those we where leading only to concede the equaliser.

Sligo are the form team at the moment. Scoring for fun and winning most of their games of late.

I doubt we will win the league but I am hopefull of a top 3 finish which means Europe again.

So hopefully a win tonight can set us on our way. Whatever happens though, its going to be an exciting couple of months till the end of the season.

So disappointed with the final result. 5 goals was something else though.

A well taken goal by Williams and Byrne made for a good game.

Still trying to work out how 3 goals were scored against us.

I cant believe we lost that game. 1 up and cruising. We just cant finish teams off. We really do just hand teams goals at times.

I think this has to be the most disapointing result this season. (1) because the game was so important and (2) because we where the better team.

When all that is said, it was a good game of football bar the result. Fair play to viper for making it a good atmosphere. Cheers mate.

As for the stewards telling the lads to sit down, well how ridiculous can you get. We have had plenty of away fans in that section who are allowed to stand and they tell the home support to sit:confused:
    At away grounds the fans are allowed to stand so why not a Morton?
    We created some good atmosphere tonight but it could have been hindered by the stewards and if they keep it up, it will ruin it.

As for the stewards telling the lads to sit down, well how ridiculous can you get.

Probably something to do with health and safety. Might be no harm in taking an official discussion with the club about it?

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Probably something to do with health and safety. Might be no harm in taking an official discussion with the club about it?

Well as i said, away fans have been standing there since we have been in morton and our home fans have stood down the far end so if its a safety issue then why wasnt it applied to fans in these areas? I think it has to do with an issue from the dundalk game. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Title out of our reach now really. Just try to claim a Europa League spot for next season the goal now. As high as possible up the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Very disappointing results for the team last night as they played some great football,scored two crackers and still lost-how i'll never know.We go one up in lots of games and can never get the second to kill of the opposition.
    We haven't once beaten any of the sides that lie above us in the table this season and probably this shows our present limitations.
    On another note if the club dont do something about that plonker that is constantly making announcements and playing loud music I would consider my own personal boycott of home matches and just go to away ones . He does my head in.

Well done to the A team tonight. A tough game, but a 3-2 win.

A few players from the first squad played tonight, 6.

Fair play to the few fans (from both teams) who turned up.

I thought it was a really good game of football at times. Nice to beat Bohs. Thats twice we have done it :o Now can we do it against the senior team please.

The winning team

4925644475_595840807f.jpg

4925645033_0265b77644.jpg

4925645663_8bb27a99ca.jpg

4926240760_2ab0febcfb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Very disappointing results for the team last night as they played some great football,scored two crackers and still lost-how i'll never know.We go one up in lots of games and can never get the second to kill of the opposition.
    We haven't once beaten any of the sides that lie above us in the table this season and probably this shows our present limitations.
    On another note if the club dont do something about that plonker that is constantly making announcements and playing loud music I would consider my own personal boycott of home matches and just go to away ones . He does my head in.

Yeh I agree, I don't care what he does before the match and at Half Time but he just constantly spews out Propaganda throughout the game.

Remember during the Dundalk game he was congratulating some fan who was from Chicago attending the game. Who gives a ****e like.

A lot of those announcements are "fan requests". Some are designed to help get the crowd involved.

But, if people have issues, rather than boycotting the game, and missing out on the football, you should officially make your views known. There's not much point in ranting here. You should contact Sporting Fingal and make your views know to the club.

Thats fair enough Paul, and i do intend to do so. But this is also a forum for our club where we come to discuss issues good and bad about the club. There are plenty of Fingal supporters who do not post on this site but look at it to gauge what others think, and i for one have to agree with what has been posted.
    The issue with the stewards coming up to the lads and telling them to sit down while they were singing, chanting and shouting for the club that they come to support so as they can add a bit of atmosphere to the grounds was ridiculous to say the least. Since our inception we have been criticised for how quiet we are, and rightly so, things have been moving slowly towards creating the noise that we see at so many other grounds and to try and stifle it at a stage where it is has become bigger and louder than ever(in no small part credit has to be given to John who out of his own pocket bought a drum put the Ravens crest on and who relentlessly beats it through good(1.0 up) to the bad(3.2 down), as in the night of the Pats game beggers belief.
    The lads were not causing trouble, some of them have been singing and shouting since our first games in the first division where our attendences were half of what we are getting now and yet they screamed shouted and sang their way through every match. This is not the first time they have been treated in this manner, the first game against Sligo they were moved from their usual seating area and the Sligo fans were the loudest on the night and they were not asked to sit down.
    At any away games i have been we have never been told to sit down, at the Maritimo game at Dalymount, their stewards did not tell us to sit down so it justs seems stupid that while cheering on our team who were startin to chase a game our lads were told to sit down which dampened the enthusiasm. Teams rightly call for the twelfth man in the stands(not like Delia's 'Where are you rant') lets not stifle ours.

Sorry if this is a rant, been holding on to it for the last few days because of both the result and what happened i said i needed a couple of days to calm down.

Also the announcer can cool it a little too, like the guys enthusiasm but i have come to watch us play not have to listen him every minute.

Rant over... Bring on Limerick.

BTW this is not aimed at you Paul, just needs to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

First off: Congrats to the A team and their success last night.
    Secondly, I left Morton a broken man on Monday night. It annoys me so much to be the better side and have the game at our feet only to throw it away by being careless and possibly over confident. I try my best to get to all the games and I try my best to be the loudest fan in the ground. I have an ongoing bit of banter with some of the stewards that work at Morton and kind of have an understanding that with the drum I can be overlooked as to when people are being told to "get off the yellow bit" of the aisles. To be honest the lads that were beside me were standing on "the yellow bit" and this may not fit in with the H&S regs. For them to be told to get back in their seats and sit down when the morale on the pitch was on its way down was a complete joke. Those lads (and others ;)) help build the atmosphere and give the team a lift when its needed and it disgusted me to see the momentum disrupted on Monday night. I'm not even going to go into how I felt during the Sligo fiasco. The messing that went on at the Dundalk game was from lads I didn't know as regulars and I think this had a part to play in the tough stance that was put on for the Pats game. Its hard enough to keep the noise level up with half the "singers" we had from the start of the season gone. Hopefully the "commentary" issue will be sorted for Friday and we can all make a bit of noise ourselves and see the lads into the next round.
    End semi-rant :D
    John
    p.s Thanks for the appreciation lads, we're all on the same team so I'm more than happy to have aching arms and vocal chords the morning after :P

• Advertisement

The announcements should be done before the game and at half time not when Conan Byrne is running down the wing for our latest attack.

The crowd is screaming COME ON CONAN and right in the middle of it ' I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ASK COULD PEOPLE PLEASE KEEP THE CURSING DOWN THIS IS A FAMILY CLUB AND IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED, HEY A BIG SHOUT OUT TO BETTY WHO IS 104 TODAY, HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO THE NEXT GAME BETTY. ;) BOOM TISH...... :rolleyes:

I have no objection in general to the stuff that is said but it doesnt need to be done every 10 to 15 mins. Overkill to say the least.

I do like how we responded to the non cursing bit.:D Fupping Bachterds was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I do like how we responded to the non cursing bit.:D Fupping Bachterds was my favourite.

'Ah ref youre only a wagon!' too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

what the flip was that u brick

What about the fuppin cow bell, (quality!)

I must say, I don't always see/hear what goes on up in the stand. I'm a bit away from that. ;)

But, the drum and singing/chanting are very welcome and do come across quite clear at pitch level. That needs to continue and even grow.

I do agree that it is a shame if stewards are dampening that, and especially if the announcer is drowning out the chants and action.

Yeah, announcements should be done before and after the game, as well as at half time. The rest should only be used to announce scores or substitutions.

Of course, the more people that comment directly to the club or through the supporters club will certainly get attention.

You are all a great bunch of fans, to the club, and I'm sure it's appreciated at all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Who is Betty?

Who is Betty?

My god Stu and you call yourself a Fingal fan and you dont know who Betty is. Tut tut;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just deleted a couple of posts that included language/terminology that some may consider offensive. Please don't post such stuff again - it may be that most posters here have an adult sense of humour, but it's also likely that kids will scan some of these threads. Assume all your posts are for a "family audience"

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement

What is there to say after a game like that?

2-0 up, comfortable, could have gone on to score a few more, plenty of chances, and then final result of 2-2??? Crazy stuff.

Replay on Monday now.

Ger O'Brien was taken to hospital to have a scan on his ankle. He'll be out for a few weeks, probably.

Tonight was the first time the team didn't come back out for a warm down session. I wouldn't have fancied being in that dressing room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement