Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Good stuff, cheers.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier when you where asking about tickets, just to let you know, National school kids go free.

Hope you enjoy the match. Its a good one to be going to. We hav nt beaten Bohs yet this season and I think we will have to go for this one on friday. So will Bohs I hope, so it might make for an attacking game of Football.

Depending on what you are looking to get from the match day experience, the singing section is down on the right side of the stand as you look up at it. Also a lot of the regulars sit down that side. Good bunch of lads/ladies

Anyway, let us know what you thought of the game afterwards on this thread. Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Class, can you sit/stand anywhere you like? or will there be seat numbers on the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

You can sit where you want .

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

ViperGTS wrote: »
    I'm not gonna throw in my 2 cents as such as most of it has been said already. I'll have to disagree with you though John. In the words of the great man Dave "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!"I don't think its the fact that we need to sit back and defend a lead (as has been said, its not interesting football) its that we get into the lead, feel comfortable and get complacent. When we're a goal or 2 up we need to keep pressure on the opposition and hunt down some more goals. Take the recent Rovers game as an example. At 2-1 we we're very comfortable and in control of the game and had them on the ropes. Byrne on the right, instead of heading up the wing and attacking, he turns back and gives a dreadful ball to Browne (trying to keep possesion I presume) and the ever quick thinking Twigg pounces and gives them the equaliser and confidence to take the lead. Defensive troubles will be sorted and the return to fitness of Hawkins and Fitzgerald will be a big boost. Schoolboy errors in defence have been in abundance this season and we just have to learn to get things in order. As a centre half, my motto is and always has been "If in doubt, get it out". 10 mins to go with a 1 goal lead......a nice 50yd attempted pass will do me just fine :rolleyes:

ur not dissagreeing with me, ur disagreeing with mns, i sed wat they wer saying in the program about fingal, i sed that in the opening line:rolleyes:

i know what is bein sed here about in the last ten mins wen we have the lead insted of sitten back and defending we should keep up the pressure and pass the ball etc ie ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!! but correct me if i wrong but that is what we have bein doin all season is it not? and we get draws, it was already sed at the rovers game we tryed to play keep ball, but then 1 bad pass ( in fairness it was a shocking pass i know ) and gary twigg got it and scored,

we always hear darren and brendon shouting at the players, it shouldent stop there, the whole team should be talking to each other, like the other john sed :p he is thaught in football if in doubt get it out and he is dead right, also we our told make sure we are always talking on the pitch and put a name on the ball, make sure the player u are trying to pass it to knows hes the target
    i recall at that rovers game and the ball to kenny browne, kenny had his back turned away from the ball, as he turned around he seen the ball coming to him but he couldent controll it in time and twigg got it,,,, schoolboy error,

• Advertisement

Interesting stats page for people who like that sort of thing (ME:))

http://inform.fai.ie/Statsportal/CompetitionDetails.aspx?compID=1

According to those stats we have only kept 2 clean sheets all season :eek: and have conceded 11 goals in the first half of matches and 18 in the second (9 of which come in the last 15 mins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Been meaning to do this for ages lads but never got around to it . Lamper's post gave me the push so after minutes of kinda careful compiling here is where our points have come from :

After 27 games (3 rounds) :

Bray AW/HW/AW 9
    Dundalk HW/AW/HW 9
    Galway AD/HW/AW 7
    Sligo HD/AW/HD 5
    Drogheda HW/AD/HL 4
    UCD AD/HL/AW 4
    Sham.Rvs. HD/AD/HD 3
    St.Pats AD/HL/AD 2
    Bohs AL/HL/AD 1

Any Comments ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Its clear from your stats SFFC where are problems lie . We are not getting enough points from the teams above us in the league to have any chance of winning the league. Indeed this is not because we are not good enough. In our 3 games v Rovers we should have won all 3 -we were in a winning position in both home games and how we didnt score before them in Tallaght i'll never know. St. Pats we threw away winning positions in both both games v them in the last month. Bohs have caused us more problems but maybe tomorrow will rectify that .
    If you take it that the 10 team league is really 2 leagues i.e.5 teams that can win the league and 5 fighting to stay up brings me back to my point . We have to start beating the teams at our level in the league.

My table is even more shocking when you look our record excluding Bray Dundalk and Galway (they have provided 25 points).
    Here in 18 games we only managed the remaining 19 points . Amazingly we only achieved three wins against these six teams (one home, two away) .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pats fingal cup game confirmed for 1pm on the saturday as its on tv :(

stoopid bleedin time for a match.

• Advertisement

We've NEVER lost on live tv !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sffc wrote: »
    We've NEVER lost on live tv !!!

We havent won the cup in 50 odd years, every cup game is a game we are going to lose :)

Its not correct to say we have never lost on live TV . Our 1st game of the season v Bohs which we lost to a late controversial penalty was live on RTE.

My apologies FF ! got up this morning and suddenly remembered that one ! must be the fact that we played so well and it FELT like a win .

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Its not correct to say we have never lost on live TV . Our 1st game of the season v Bohs which we lost to a late controversial penalty was live on RTE.

Doesnt count. They cheated their way to that victory:D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Where is Gate 3? Might be the gate I usually go in as an away fan but I need to pick up my free tickets from Gate 3 and since they are being left by a Fingal player I guess its the home side?

no, gate 3 is the far 1, right at clonlife harriers club house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12150/1/

Matchtracker on Extratime for anyone who can't make it. Would be great to pull three points out of them, although i think we will score against them the big question from us at the moment is can we keep them out.
    Come on The Ravens

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Not a good game, but not the worst result. 0-0 was fair enough.

I did think that Conan was taken out in the box and it should have been a penalty, and I also think that Williams goal was good and should have counted. But, that's the way it goes.

Was hoping for the 3 points tonight, unfortunately it didnt go our way. I really think conan should of had a peno and I thought we had a good goal disallowed. Obviously mns will clear the two up.

All in all the draw was a fair result in the end, if you take the game on its merits and not the worst result when you consider the other results on the night. The only team around us to extend their lead was Rovers and we really where never going to catch them. Bohs and Pats are still ahead of us by the same points and we have extended our lead over sligo to 2 points. It could have been a better night but it also could have been a whole lot worse.

Nice to keep a clean sheet and Hawkins has a lot to do with that. Really glad to have his experience at the back. Was also refreshing to have the stand nearly full and the Bohs had a very good away support too.

Tough trip to sligo next week and hopefully we can get something from the match over there.

• Advertisement

Another very good article from Zayed.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4222/

What a difference a 45 mins makes! At half time I felt we were lucky to not being a goal or two down . By full time I felt we were unlucky not to have won by a goal or two ! The lads finally have got (or being given) the message that the last 15 minutes are the most important .
    It wasn't the greatest achevment holding Bohs scoreless, though this is the 7th time in 28 leauge games this has happened -a worry for them .(We've been scoreless 5 times in 28)
    Terrific pressure and great support from the singing section - well done!! One suggestion : mix it up a bit with the drum and the bodhran -alternate the beats between chants it sounds cool .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just to say congrats to Conan and his Mrs, on the birth of their first baby daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Another cup baby :) 9 months since we won the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

The A side were unlucky yesterday with a 3-1 defeat to Bohs A. Their 1st defeat of the season so not all that bad.

Did anybody see our disallowed goal against Bohs on mns. Absolute disgrace. It was a perfectly good goal chalked off for nothing. :mad:

Considering it was in the last few minutes it probably would have been the winner:(.

The ref had a perfect view of it aswell and still called for a foul

Thats a potential 5 points we have lost to Bohs based on terrible ref decisions.

Have to agree that the "goal" looked perfectly legit . What the ref saw only he saw and he was well placed. On the whole though I felt Bohs edged it on the night and our lads done well to earn the draw. With a week to recover I think we have a good chance of 3 points in Sligo. We have kept 2 clean sheets since Colin Hawkins returned so things looking up.

Iv read in the Fingal Independant that our offices where broken into the other night. Nothing stolen but a lot of damage done. Disgraceful crap from what can only be described as morons. Hopefully these dopes are caught.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/premium/news/mindless-idiots-2327873.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Nothin ya can do about muppets, shame to think there's good body parts in them that could go to a better cause but hey what ya gonna do.
    On the goal been dissallowed, the ref made a major error.
    Cracking header, seriously great goal but "Ah look It is what it is..."
    Away to Sligo on Friday tough game they are playing some serious football at the moment but if we want Europe we need the 3 points from this one. See on the website there is a bus being organised which is great and credit to the lad that is organising it.
    And then home on Monday night to Bray who in fairness are on a good run at the moment, games are running out at home including this one there are only 4 left so hopefully a good turnout to see the lads because when winter comes it will seem like years till next March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Anyone goin on Friday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement