Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If anyone is staying over then the A side is also playing Sligo on the saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ill be at the Bray Wanderers match on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Anyone goin on Friday?

Won't be getting to this one still trying to kick this pneumonia to touch,(the limerick trip did it no good) hopefully up there monday night.
    Missed the Bohs game and i am hoping thats the last one i miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Wont be at the sligo one unfortunately.
    Ill be at the Bray one on the monday though. 6 points would be lovely from these two games and should be the aim. 4 points may not be too bad either and would be the more likely points tally we could achieve methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sporting60s

If anyone is staying over then the A side is also playing Sligo on the saturday.

afaik,the A side game has been changed to dublin,alsa i presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Cheers Sporting.

I wonder why that is and why sligo agreed to it.

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12163/0/

Preview there of the game tonight, see Sligo have a few injury worries for tonight plus a big loss Amond gone to Portugal. Still would not underestimate them, hopefully the three points will be ours and we won't have to listen to the famous ol words 'Ah sure look it is what it is...'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

That must have been some game.

Sligo 3-0 up, Fingal come back to 3-2, Sligo then go 4-2 up, and Fingal score in the 90th minute, for a 4-3 result to Sligo.

7 goals is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Paulw wrote: »
    That must have been some game.

Sligo 3-0 up, Fingal come back to 3-2, Sligo then go 4-2 up, and Fingal score in the 90th minute, for a 4-3 result to Sligo.
    wasent at the game myself but i was following it on teletex heres rte end of match reporthttp://www.rte.ie/aertel/224-01.html

sligo were 4-0 up then fingal came back 4-3, great never say die attitude from the lads, bet sligo wer cacking themselfs in the last few mins :p ah well, bray on monday then a cup match v pats, bring it on,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

We were shocking in the 1st half. Sligo ran riot down the left and went in 2-0 up at the break. 2nd half we had 3 great cahnces before they even got a lookin but we just didn't convert. They managed to get it up to 4-0 somehow before we started to cop on and of the 8 or 9 decent chances we had, we only put away 3 of them. A good 2nd half showing but we just couldn't keep the ball enough and couldn't convert the chances we had. Unfortunately for Gannon, we noticed how much we missed O'Brien. Think I saw him getting forward 2 or 3 times in the whole game and at times was no match for Boco. One last thing I would like to add. A grand turn out of 4 supporters in front of a very large home support was depresing to say the least. For the 1st 15mins or so I was on my own (drum in tow :rolleyes:) sitting with a couple of the players that didn't feature. Possibly my worst Fingal experience to date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Second time since I started back working I've missed an away match because of traffic. Limerick and now sligo..so annoying couldn't get off work early enough and had to turn back..no way I was getting there in time. ****e.
    Awful result. I saw boco play when he was with sligo before. He ain't all that... skillful but a good roy keane-esque bullying sorts him out easily .What were the lads doing? I've said this before but we really need to sort out our defending. A new defence - only coach could be brought in? We're gonna be in serious trouble next year because the league will be much tougher than this year.

The A side beat Sligo 3-2 today. This included a Glen Crowe hat-trick :D
    As far as I know the game was switched to here because Sligo deferred the game twice because they didn't have the use of their pitch and I think the ruling is that if its deferred twice, it gets switched.

Where's the ticket booth in Morton? I wont arrive til after kick off tomorrow and dont wanna be runnin around like a headless chicken tryin to find it :D

Ticket booth is at the gate you enter. Gate 1, most likely.

Another terrible display by fingal tonight. While it all looks pretty at times we have no grit and cant defend to save our lives. At least most of the other results saved us from going too far behind the teams ahead of us. It really is getting beyond a joke now how we keep throwing away leads.

Another terrible display by fingal tonight. While it all looks pretty at times we have no grit and cant defend to save our lives. At least most of the other results saved us from going too far behind the teams ahead of us. It really is getting beyond a joke now how we keep throwing away leads.
    Yeah can't disagree with you...didn't disagree with you at the stadium anyway...what are we going to do for a right full without O'Brien? Oh well...see you in Inchicore on Saturday...traffic won't be a problem then I suppose.

That was money well spent, not the best football in the world but ya could do a lot worse. Ill be headin out to Morton whenever I get the chance from now on. Pity I picked the end of the season to start watchin football though.

Last night was ridiculous, pure rubbish from us. From carving out one of our best goals this season. O'Neill to Finn, sweet dummy from Eamon and hello Kirby. Great goal.
    To the same ol rubbish we have been subjected to for most of this season. Williams was poor last night certainly not on form, Gary O'Neill can remind you that he is good player at times but since his lay off due to injury he has not looked the same player, still holds the ball up well but then his decisions are letting him down and certainly not showing the same desire to win back the ball that he has lost as he we know he can.
    The decision to take Eamon off and replace him with Glen Crowe was ridiculous, if Glen was to replace anyone it would have been O'Neill. Eamon is not the most industrious but he gets goals. And Cahil for Conan, sorry NO. Runs into no mans land and never looks up.
    I mean we go 2.1 down and we come back swinging, shots coming at them from everywhere, in the box outside the box, pressure, pressure, pressure and what do we get? a deserved equaliser. And then what? nothing! It's as if we need to take a fifteen minute break everytime we score.
    I'll never boo us off the pitch which i heard a few others saying they might as i left the grounds. but they are making it hard to cheer them coming off.

Rant over.

Tangy Zizzle thanks for coming last night hopefully you will come to remainder of the games. We do play good football and nothing beats live football, even if it can be so frustrating at times.

Also disappointed with the final result, especially considering the other league results around us.

We had a very clear penalty claim. I've no idea how it was missed by the officials.
    4989279179_0e70f7fa1e_m.jpg
    PWP_7610.jpg

I think Conan was a bit tired, so that's why he was taken off.

The conditions were horrible. The wind was very much in favour of Bray for the first half. But, again, it seems to be some sloppy passing, giving the ball away that causes us the most problem.

I think Dawson had quite a good game. He certainly put in the effort. Hawkins was also solid at the back.

The team just need to convert more of the chances they have.

That was money well spent, not the best football in the world but ya could do a lot worse. Ill be headin out to Morton whenever I get the chance from now on. Pity I picked the end of the season to start watchin football though.

Fair play for popping along. We need all the fans we can get:). We can play a lot better than that but of late we really are not playing as well as we can. Our defending at times is terrible and we have had a problem all season keeping clean sheets and we constantly give away leads in games. I guess as fans, it keeps us on our toes. Never a dull moment.:o

Anyway welcome to the small world of LOI. It is great craic and we will have better nights than last night.

• Advertisement

Also disappointed with the final result, especially considering the other league results around us.

We had a very clear penalty claim. I've no idea how it was missed by the officials.
    4989279179_0e70f7fa1e_m.jpg
    PWP_7610.jpg

I think Conan was a bit tired, so that's why he was taken off.

The conditions were horrible. The wind was very much in favour of Bray for the first half. But, again, it seems to be some sloppy passing, giving the ball away that causes us the most problem.

I think Dawson had quite a good game. He certainly put in the effort. Hawkins was also solid at the back.

The team just need to convert more of the chances they have.

I think there was about 6 or 7 handball incidents that where missed or just ignored by the officials. For their second goal it looked like the ball was handled twice in the build up. I guess we will see for sure on mns.

fingalgooner, Lamper.sffc, cheers lads. I would have had my brother along with me last night, but when it came time to leave the house it was all 'what are ya goin for? Irish football is crap,' and so on.

Next time Ill make sure Im not sittin in the middle of the away fans too :pac:

fingalgooner, Lamper.sffc, cheers lads. I would have had my brother along with me last night, but when it came time to leave the house it was all 'what are ya goin for? Irish football is crap,' and so on.

Next time Ill make sure Im not sittin in the middle of the away fans too :pac:

It is crap but its our crap;).
    Actually we have some real quality in the league and I think some people would actually be surprised if they came along. The live factor of a game helps as well. Always much more fun to watch something live than on tv. The league doesnt always comes across very good on TV but when your at a live game and people are cheering on there team and the game is important then their is no other type of football id rather watch. Im only going 3 years now myself but iv loved every minute of it.

When the away crowd is small they put them in the end you where sitting in. But when its the likes of Dundalk, Bohs, Shamrock Rvs, Pats, the away fans are in the stand across the pitch.

Since the season is nearly over and there is only 3 or so games in the league left at morton, I would recommend heading to one or two away. The best one being Tallaght against Rovers. They will be gunning for the title when we travel to them so its guaranteed to be a great game especially atmosphere wise. Its a great little stadium too and was one of my favourite game earlier in the season when we played them.

I would recommend heading to one or two away. The best one being Tallaght against Rovers.

I can see that game being rescheduled. It happens to clash with Ireland V Russia (in the Aviva stadium). Hopefully the game will be rescheduled, or else it may be a quiet night.

hmmm...i'm getting tickets for Ireland Russia FOC and maybe I'm a deeply confused individual but I'll be going to see Fingal if it comes down to a choice. Come on Fingal repay my loyalty with some decent defending...stop the Barcelona tribute act inside our own half, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I can see that game being rescheduled. It happens to clash with Ireland V Russia (in the Aviva stadium). Hopefully the game will be rescheduled, or else it may be a quiet night.

Our match in Derry that Friday was moved to Saturday already!

Can anyone me when Keelings sponsorship runs out? Just seen on RTE they've had to let 120 employees go, ethically they couldn't re-new their sponsorship.

Our match in Derry that Friday was moved to Saturday already!

Can anyone me when Keelings sponsorship runs out?

Keelings sponsorship lasts for 2 more years before it's due for renewal.

Why isn't the Pat's match this Saturday down on the fixtures list on Fingals site?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

That Rovers V Fingal game is rescheduled for
    sat. 9th, at 3.00 pm.

• Advertisement

The Pats game is the quarter final of the FAI Cup (we're current holders) Its in Inchicore on Saturday at 1pm and is live on RTE. I'm sure this is gonna be a great game and hopefully we'll get a good turn out and it'll be a great atmosphere. It might not be on the fixture list beacuse it's a cup game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement