Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

just wanted to add to whats been said....
    i made an effort to get to the match (im living in galway now) and brought my younger brother along....and it was great craic....something which i felt has been missing since year one....winding up the opposition (wexford youths in their pink jerseys come to mind) etc. but my brother had a great time and is already spreading the message and trying to round ppl for the trip to drogheda.
    Bearing in mind that there are only 2 clubs outside the greater dublin area in the league means we dont have any excuse in getting the same crowd as at the pats match (60..?) for the remaining dublin based matches.

and yes it would be nice for the players to give a bigger aknowledgment.
    While we were busy annoying the "annoying" fan pats scored their second goal and we just kept on singing and having a good time and trying to keep spirits up so it would be nice if we get a closer look at the players lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

just wanted to add to whats been said....
    i made an effort to get to the match (im living in galway now) and brought my younger brother along....and it was great craic....something which i felt has been missing since year one....winding up the opposition (wexford youths in their pink jerseys come to mind) etc. but my brother had a great time and is already spreading the message and trying to round ppl for the trip to drogheda.
    Bearing in mind that there are only 2 clubs outside the greater dublin area in the league means we dont have any excuse in getting the same crowd as at the pats match (60..?) for the remaining dublin based matches.

and yes it would be nice for the players to give a bigger aknowledgment.
    While we were busy annoying the "annoying" fan pats scored their second goal and we just kept on singing and having a good time and trying to keep spirits up so it would be nice if we get a closer look at the players lol

Good to hear.
    I wonder what has happened to a lot of the lads who used to go in year one and the beginning of year 2, A lot of the guys who used to be in the singing section have disappeared or rarely go anymore.

The away crowd was close on 100 id say. We have brought about 40 to 60 before to Richmond and thats was easily more than what iv seen us bring on the two previous visits this season. Still nothing to write home about but at least they could hear us on the telly:D So hopefully we can make some noise in Drogheda and get back to winning ways.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Colly James out for the rest of the season with a grade 2 medial cruciate ligament tear :(

One of my favourite players from year one and a Fingal legend, if you can have such a thing after 3 years:)

Cup hero

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

See, they ran towards the fans there. :D

Yeah, Colly will be out for a while, but he hasn't exactly been a starter for that many games this season.

Hopefully Shane McFaul will be back soon, and great to see Ger O'Brien back already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Just on the away games, i don't want to give the impression that i get to them all, I don't, i get to the ones i can, when i can. But when i do go i see the same group of men women and kids at them and that is great to see who have been the back bone of the away section since our beginning. It just really got to me at the Pats game and the away game to limerick where the same attitude, Williams looked up clapped and kept on walking none of the other lads even looked our way just clapped over their heads. I noticed it at our first game this season at home not the same acknowledgement to the home crowd that we had in our two seasons.
    But yeah the craic at the pats game was class, we were all still doing that hup hup hup thing heading back in the car.
    I won't be at the Drogs game which is annoying the T!Ts out of me but such is life i hope there is a good turnout and you's have as good atmosphere at this one topped with a result.
    And please bring that siren still has me in stitches.
    Just on lampers post about collie james being a legend he became one for me the night he slotted home the penalty against pats at morton in our first season on the 93rd minute. People leaving the stands early at our first ever game against a Premier club because we were 3.2 down and he puts it away calmly for me one of the best nights i have ever had at the morton. Hope the lad gets back soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

This'll interest ya lads, from the SFFC facebook page 8 hours ago
    Thanks for all the comments guys. The issue (acknowleding the fans) has been raised with the club captain who will, in turn, bring it to the other players.

Don't forget, any issues like this, big or small, queries, criticisms or problems, get in touch with us directly here at the club and we'll do our best to sort them out. Contact the Club Promotions Officer at ccullen@sportingfingal.ie.

Remember, it's YOUR club, we just work here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I'll thank you in future everytime u put up videos of me on here Lamper :D
    Thats me in the hat recording, I have 2 or 3 others up aswell haha

I'll thank you in future everytime u put up videos of me on here Lamper :D
    Thats me in the hat recording, I have 2 or 3 others up aswell haha

No way:D

No way:D

WAY:D

What's the latest on the plans for the new stadium? I know it was originally planned for Turvey Avenue, but I read somewhere else recently that it'll be in the Lusk area. Which to be honest, would suit me down to the funkin ground, what with me livin in Rush an all :D:D:D

• Advertisement

What's the latest on the plans for the new stadium? I know it was originally planned for Turvey Avenue, but I read somewhere else recently that it'll be in the Lusk area. Which to be honest, would suit me down to the funkin ground, what with me livin in Rush an all :D:D:D

Nice Town:)

Its earmarked for lusk. The facility is actually a sportscentre for a lot of different sports, Rugby, GAA, Football and other sports. Fingal will be the main tennants. The idea is to get into this Lusk facility for the time being with an eventual plan of moving to Swords, when they ever get around to building the stadium that is planned for there.

At the moment there is an embargo on all councils spending money for such things, so due to this fact the facility (which was supposed to start construction a year or so ago) is delayed. Last I heard, they where supposed to be breaking ground this winter if memory serves me right. This remains to be seen.

I have info on it somewhere, Ill dig it up.

Edit: Found it. The info is over a year and a half old. So some of the details may have changed.

Some details of new sports Facility in Lusk.
    • 10 million Fingal complex has gone out on public display
    • To be built on council owned site to the north of Station Road in Lusk
    • The 5.7 hectare site will be home to a complex that includes an indoor pitch and two outdoor, floodlit pitches with a seating capacity close to 5,000
    • Originally it was to be just a soccer academy for the fingal community but it has now had a change of philosophy to open it up to other sports such as rugby and juvenile GAA
    • Parking for 210 cars. But for major events it will use a 700 car overflow carpark half a mile away.
    • One of the outdoor floodlit pitches will have permanent covered seating for 4,200 spectators with tempory seating for a further 560 people

Here is some links to The Fingal Independant about the sports facility that will hopefully become Sporting Fingals Home.

31b2d2f0-88f5-4a6d-_254663t.jpg

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/funding-to-come-from-three-sources-1589968.html

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/most-councillors-welcome-new-sports-facility-in-lusk-1589966.html

400 attendance tonight at the hunky dory :/

4-0 :D many Fingal lads up there?

There was probably in the region of 30 but we sounded like the home team fror most of the night. Think I heard 3 Drogs chants for the whole game. I'd say most of them were probably too busy making up the 50,000 Mickey Bubbly fans in the Aviva. I think that puts us 4th, 1 ahead of Sligo and 2 behind Pats. A win at home next week and we're back in a european spot :D

400 attendance tonight at the hunky dory :/

4-0 :D many Fingal lads up there?

About 40 to 50.

We played some great stuff tonight and could have went in with more than just the 3 at half time (we hit the crossbar twice at that stage aswell).

Took our foot off in the second half but still got a deserved peno to make it 4

Was great to see us play a 4-4-2 formation from the start and the players looked a lot happier playing that way too. They where first to everything and Drogheda just couldnt handle us. I hope we play this way for the rest of the season. Not many teams could handle us playing like that.

I know people will say that it is just Drogheda but we have been sh!t against so called lesser teams all season and it was finally nice to see us open up and just give a team a pasting, like we know we could have to so many teams this season.

Roll on next Saturday so, nice early start just like last week, less of a trek though since we're home :D

I would have said about 40-50 Fingal fans.

A good performance, especially in the first half.

What was the penalty for??? I was up at that corner, watching, and couldn't see any reason for the penalty.

A good, comfortable win in the end. A nice change.

The table as of tonight. Only lost 6 so far so a 1st time premier division record to be proud of.
    Pos Name PTS GD A F L D W P
    1 Shamrock Rovers 63 24 26 50 4 9 18 31
    2 Bohemian FC 57 18 25 43 6 9 16 31
    3 St. Patrick's Athletic 50 19 29 48 9 8 14 31
    4 Sporting Fingal 4914 33 47 6 13 12 31
    5 Sligo Rovers 48 19 31 50 7 12 12 31
    6 Dundalk 42 -3 41 38 13 6 12 31
    7 U.C.D. 35 -5 43 38 14 8 9 31
    8 Galway United 34 -14 44 30 13 10 8 31
    9 Bray Wanderers 24 -34 65 31 19 6 6 31
    10 Drogheda United 19 -38 63 25 20 7 4 31

Sorry its back to front, just the way it came up

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

was working late so i missed the game:mad: great to here that our fans was louder den the home fans, just like the cup game v pats, pats lost tonite which is a good thing for us, we could well make 3th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You are forgiven , just make sure you bring a note to say why you was missing with you on saturday :)

Lads you have a week to get organised for the pats game so no excuses for not making the short trip to Morton and helping to make it a bumper crowd for what is an early start at 1pm. Dublin bus runs from Swords past Morton so use it in numbers and and make some noise to help the lads to 3 points and third place. We are only 7 or 8 points from second so its still a possibility with Bohs having to play Rovers again i think.
    FINGAL ARMY NEEDS YOU .

The table as of tonight. Only lost 6 so far so a 1st time premier division record to be proud of.
    Pos Name PTS GD A F L D W P
    1 Shamrock Rovers 63 24 26 50 4 9 18 31
    2 Bohemian FC 57 18 25 43 6 9 16 31
    3 St. Patrick's Athletic 50 19 29 48 9 8 14 31
    4 Sporting Fingal 4914 33 47 6 13 12 31
    5 Sligo Rovers 48 19 31 50 7 12 12 31
    6 Dundalk 42 -3 41 38 13 6 12 31
    7 U.C.D. 35 -5 43 38 14 8 9 31
    8 Galway United 34 -14 44 30 13 10 8 31
    9 Bray Wanderers 24 -34 65 31 19 6 6 31
    10 Drogheda United 19 -38 63 25 20 7 4 31

Sorry its back to front, just the way it came up

A lot of teams there on 31 points, so still all to play for:p

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    I would have said about 40-50 Fingal fans.

A good performance, especially in the first half.

What was the penalty for??? I was up at that corner, watching, and couldn't see any reason for the penalty.

A good, comfortable win in the end. A nice change.

I thought it was for a challenge on O Neil, but iv read elsewhere that it was for a handball :confused:. Hard to tell from the away section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Great to get back on track last night which I feel with the run in we have gives us a favourites chance of European football again next season. It would be some achievement for our first season in the Premier.
    The 4-4-2 system which at times was 4-2-4 we were so on top worked well last night and shows the team can adapt well .
    A note of caution though. I thought Drogheda were truly woeful and played like a team that couldnt compete in the first division.
    I think we are a far better side then St.Pats and would dearly love the lads to prove me right next Saturday. Roll on.

I thought it was for a challenge on O Neil, but iv read elsewhere that it was for a handball :confused:. Hard to tell from the away section.

It was just as hard to tell from right beside it. :D The ref seemed to indicate it was handball, but I couldn't see any hand coming near the ball.

Maybe MNS will clear it up Monday. :confused:

The lads on extratime.ie said it was for a handball.

The game was put beyond any doubt on 82 minutes, when Alan Kirby netted a penalty. United substitute Kevin Ross, only on the field five minutes, was judged to have handled the ball in the area. There was a good case for calls of ball to hand however referee Buttimer didn't hesitate as he pointed to the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Lads,

I don't want to be seen as jumping on the bandwagon but I was thinking of signing up next season for a season ticket for the club and going to matches both away and home regulary (I understand this season is near an end). Do you meet up like a group of supporters or do you make your own way to games. Or would anyone know is a supporters club like this exists for Sporting Fingla. It would be good to watch live football again on a regular basis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Good man there Billyhead and welcome,
    There is a supporters club and it sometimes runs buses to away games from swords. Sometimes some of the lads meet up in the Swiss cottage pup in santry before games so keep an eye out on here or our facebook page for any info on that.
    Some of the lads who drive will often post on here or our facebook page if they have any room in the car for anyone that needs a lift to either a home or away game. Most are based in Swords,Balbriggan,Rush and Lusk and im in Dublin 15.
    If you can make the big game next saturday lunch time against St Pats then come and say hello ,we will be at the far end of the stand in the top corner. Also our next away game if you dont already know is against Rovers in Tallaght so there is two big games to get you going ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks Pineapple. I will head to the game next Saturday. Do you just meet up as a group in the stand for most games. It would be good to get to know some of the supporters. I will keep a look out for you. Will you be wearing a jersey or some other Club attire.

Good man there Billyhead and welcome,
    There is a supporters club and it sometimes runs buses to away games from swords. Sometimes some of the lads meet up in the Swiss cottage pup in santry before games so keep an eye out on here or our facebook page for any info on that.
    Some of the lads who drive will often post on here or our facebook page if they have any room in the car for anyone that needs a lift to either a home or away game. Most are based in Swords,Balbriggan,Rush and Lusk and im in Dublin 15.
    If you can make the big game next saturday lunch time against St Pats then come and say hello ,we will be at the far end of the stand in the top corner. Also our next away game if you dont already know is against Rovers in Tallaght so there is two big games to get you going ;).

Just look for the big drum, Billy :)

Just take Tangzizzle's advice there billyhead and head for the drum and just say hello, and welcome to the site and club.
    The Saturday game will be a great one to get to, we beat Pats we go ahead of them and into a european slot. So we are at the tight end of the season now and the away game to Shamrock Rovers the next week should as pinneapple stu mentioned make for a good week to come and watch us.

• Advertisement

Interesting interview with Darren Quigley. Comes across quite well. Particular like his remarks about Lorcan :D

http://interviewloi.blogspot.com/2010/09/darren-quigley-interview.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement