Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I don't want to be seen as jumping on the bandwagon but I was thinking of signing up next season for a season ticket for the club and going to matches both away and home regulary (I understand this season is near an end). Do you meet up like a group of supporters or do you make your own way to games. Or would anyone know is a supporters club like this exists for Sporting Fingla. It would be good to watch live football again on a regular basis

No such thing as far as im concerned and im sure others would echo that. All are welcome. The club prides itself on being a friendly environment to come and watch fooball and it is. Our support is small but growing. The lads are all good crack and a good bunch of people to go watch a game with. We all tend to head to the games in our own little groups of people and meet up at the same area in the stand. This is how we are all starting to get to know each other, also Facebook and here helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Just to add to lampers there billyhead,
    'Doesn't matter when you join all that matters is how long you stay' can't remember where i read it or who said it originally but always thought it best sums up football supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Interesting interview with Darren Quigley. Comes across quite well. Particular like his remarks about Lorcan :D

http://interviewloi.blogspot.com/2010/09/darren-quigley-interview.html

And they're using a photo of mine without permission. Time to send them an invoice for breach of copyright. Thanks for that. :D

Darren is a great guy and nice to see that come across in the interview.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3542/Sporting-Fingal-Dual-Ticket-Offer.aspx

Very good deal being offered by the club at the mo. Ideal for any new fans looking to take in a couple of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

It is a good offer but probably shud have said 15 for one game - 25 for 2 and thirty for all 3 remaining games . It may just be that the final match won't matter much and as UCD will be our opponents the attendance would be very poor .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Evening folks! We all looking forward to Saturday? Huge game for us and with a bit of luck we'll still have our shooting boots that served us well against the Drogs. Im hoping to bring a few more newbies along to it too.

The lads on extratime.ie said it was for a handball.

I watched MNS and still can't see why that penalty was awarded. It didn't look like a handball, and if anything might have been a free out.

Roll on Sat though, especially after Pats were beaten at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Paulw wrote: »
    I watched MNS and still can't see why that penalty was awarded. It didn't look like a handball, and if anything might have been a free out.

Roll on Sat though, especially after Pats were beaten at the weekend.

what does it matter anyway we got it and we won 4-0:p, we dont get penaltys when we should get them and we get penaltys against us when we shouldent, a once in a blue moon penalty awarded to us shouldent b questioned;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I cant wait, it seems like forever since that Pats game in the cup.

Ireland U21's beat Estonia tonight, Shaun Williams got the goal :)

The Irish U-23 team beat Estonia 1-0 tonight thanks to a goal by our captain Shauny Williams.

• Advertisement

I think thats what you'd call plagiarising :pac:

I think thats what you'd call plagiarising :pac:

Oops didnt see the 2nd bit of your post, sorry dude! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Quigley didn't travel. Medial ligament damage to his ankle. Not too sure what the damage is, hopefully he'll not be out too long.

For this weekend's game, Kenny Browne is suspended, but so is Derek Pender (from Pats).

Should be a good game.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Quigley didn't travel. Medial ligament damage to his ankle. Not too sure what the damage is, hopefully he'll not be out too long.

That must have been the problem he had midway through the second half of the Drogs game.

And he now has food poisoning aswell:( Finn had a groin problem so he didn't go, should be ok for sat

That might give Clarke a chance in goals again, which I don't think is a bad thing.

Both the lads are great keepers and its just been mistakes or injury that has given each of them their stints in nets this season. It'd be a pity to see Darren miss out but a well able Clarke is waiting for his chance to prove himself again and a good performance against Pats is something i'm sure he'd relish.

I had my preference for Clarke at the beginning of the season, thought he was the better choice of the two. Less error prone and more commanding on the pitch.
    However Quigley has greatly impressed me over the season the way he started to iron out most of his mistakes and took a more vocal role at the back.
    Guess Clarke will hope for a good game against Pats and try and hold down the position for the remaining game.
    Wonder if Bucko will chance the 4.4.2 again or try and dominate the midfield with 4.5.1
    Hope there is a good turnout for this one and that we can drum up a great atmosphere for the remainder of the games. As i have said before the winter is long without live football.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4385/

Interview there with Conan Byrne about how the season has gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Paulw wrote: »
    That might give Clarke a chance in goals again, which I don't think is a bad thing.
    Yeah my bird thinks that clarke is better looking. Don't see it myself.

Interesting to hear Finner remark in that interview on rte that we should try to play tighter defensively...

Extratime (and a few other resources) need to check the Fingal squad. It's Shaun Williams (not Sean).

Great article by Finn.

Everyone seems to be up for the game tomorrow.

Pre-match fitness tests for Maher, Zayed and McFaul though.

Browne out due to suspension and Colly James out with his knee.

The most important would probably be Maher due to Browne being out.

I hope we go with 4-4-2 again. Looked good against Drogs last week. I know Pats are better opposition but it aint like our tactics have worked this year against them for the most part.

Rovers beaten 3-2 by UCD??? Funny year for footie. That means UCD are as good as Juve, then, no? Both of them beat the shams by one goal. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Predictions on turnout? Id say no more than 400 for us, 50 for pats, haha.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4412/

Peview of the today's match.
    Really need the 3 points here. A loss and we are relying too much on others results for us to get European football, and while a draw is not the worst is it not about time we beat one of the big boys this season.
    Here's hoping, see y'all up there.
    C'mon the Raven's!

Attrocious stuff today, sure one of the ballboys was clearly from Inchicore.. too many times the lads were passin it right back to your man in between the sticks. The last 15 minutes were great mind you.

• Advertisement

Same old same old. Too many mistakes at the back this year. We are just handing the opposition goals they barely deserve.

Again the lads at the back take too many chances when it comes to playing the ball out. Sometimes you just have to get rid of it.

We deserved to draw that game though and another loss to them would have beem very hard to take, so considering we where 2 down, the draw was a decent result. Still all to play for when it comes to a European place and the game against Shamrock Rvs next week will be massive for both teams. Id advise no one to miss this game as the place will be rocking. Cant wait so lets bring a big support to tallaght. Massive game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement