Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Not the worst result, to share the points. A good 2nd half, but poor enough first. We should have won though, and put a few more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

the game against Shamrock Rvs next week will be massive for both teams. Id advise no one to miss this game as the place will be rocking. Cant wait so lets bring a big support to tallaght. Massive game.

Cannot wait for this one myself, Im trying to get out to Dalyer on Tuesday night to see what we're up against in Tallaght. Im lookin at Pats next 3 games, Drogs Bohs and Bray. Hoping for Drogs to help us, but cant see it happening, bohs will demolish them and Bray will do alright hopefully. Europe here we come, I can almost taste it!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Yeah if you could beat that shower next weekend it would be greatly appreciated and we'll do our upmost to return the favour ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

guys one thing from today that I was really pissed off about was that the stadium announcer was wearing a poxy Sunderland jersey. this to me is possibly the most unprofessional thing I've seen. It looked twice as bad that pats wear red and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

I thought it was a really enjoyable game today esp the last 20 minutes. We played really well but yet again a combination of dwelling on the ball in dangerous areas and not taking our chances cost us the win. St. Pats who player for player are an average side seem to be our bogey team.
    The stadium announcer is a top class plonker and the club would do me a big favour if they could dispense with his "services".
    The club clearly reading this thread as it was great to see the players acknowledge the fans both before and after the game .
    Dont think the 4-4-2 worked for us today. It didnt allow the 2 centre mids get forward like they normally do . It was only when Shane McFaul came on into his holding role and the other 2 lads got forward that things started to click.
    Also I thought the ref was great today . He let the game flow and wasnt pulling up every niggly little thing.

• Advertisement

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    The club clearly reading this thread as it was great to see the players acknowledge the fans both before and after the game .

Id actually say thats down to the lads mentioning it on the facebook page, thats where the acknowledgement was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

1st things 1st lads. Don is giving his services to the club for free as far as I know so good or bad, we should be greatful. On the Rovers game. Aren't they playin Pats in the cup semi next weekend???

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

the team always did clap to the fans goin on and off at the home games, maybe even more so now that the singing section is where the team go on and off the pitch, its at away games that the players dont make much of an efrord to clap to the fans, as far as the result, i thaught 2-2 was a fair result, i thaught pats where the much beter side in the 1st half and we where prob lucky to be just 1-0 down havent said that we had 1 or 2 chances too in the 1st half, but fair play to the lads, they never give up and we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2., another draw but at least its not a loss and we still have a great chance of a european spot next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

We were poor to begin with in the first half and once we didn't click Pats siezed the opportunity and put us under pressure by not letting us dwell on the ball to pick out passes. In fairness to them they are relentless in their closing down and tracking back which at times we can find fault in ourselves not being able to do likewise. The last ten minutes of the first half we got at them and i lost count how many corners we got but we just could not finish.
    The second half we lost out to them again and to be honest we were lucky not to go 3 down with more sloppy passing amongst the defenders inviting pressure on to themselves. However the last twenty minutes when McFaul came on and we seemed to go three at the back we got what we deserved. Well done to Glen Crowe, personally i thought that was one of the best games i seen him play and Ronan Finns goal was a cracker.

With regards to the announcer wearing a Sunderland jersey, that ain't good. I don't understand anybody wearing an EPL shirt to a LOI game.
    But as Viper has posted the lad does the announcing on a volunteer basis and at the beginning he was annoying with his choice of music and constant over announcing, but now i personally think he is getting the balance right.

Any way off to the hoops next week where we will get our first win over the big boys this season:D

Well done to Glen Crowe, personally i thought that was one of the best games i seen him play and Ronan Finns goal was a cracker.

I think Glen Crowe played the best of all the Fingal lads yesterday, hes not the fastest or tallest, but he can hold play up and fight for the ball.
    Finn's goal was quality, but its down on the extratime site as a deflected own goal and the announcer said the same yesterday just after the goal went in :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Well Rovers are going to go at us like mental after losing against Bohs. Of course, we'll win but we need the defence wide awake and no pussy-footing with passing in our own half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The league is going to go down to the wire.

Rovers/Bohs is going to be close for that 1st and 2nd place.

Then there is a three way scramble for 3/4/5th positions. There is really no reason why we can't claim that 3rd place.

The game next Sat will make a big impact on both of these battles. Come on Fingal.

I was in Dalyer tonight for the match, having never seen Rovers play before I can say honestly Im ****ting myself over Saturday, now. If our back 4 are up to their usual bollocks we haven't a hope of taking anything from Tallaght.

Ill be there none the less, COME ON FINGAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I was in Dalyer tonight for the match, having never seen Rovers play before I can say honestly Im ****ting myself over Saturday, now. If our back 4 are up to their usual bollocks we haven't a hope of taking anything from Tallaght.

Hawkins and Browne/Maher can sort Twigg out...no question. Lorco and O'Brien fully fit are both top full backs. The problems start when they start passing it across the back four trying to do the 'Carlos Puyol/Sergio Ramos I'm too cool to be just a defender' bullsh*t.
    I reckon we'll take them if we leave the passing to Mc Faul, Williams and Finn and yeah I know someone has to pass it to them but use the wings rather than through the middle. At least that's how it works on Fifa 11.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Hawkins and Browne/Maher can sort Twigg out...no question. Lorco and O'Brien fully fit are both top full backs. The problems start when they start passing it across the back four trying to do the 'Carlos Puyol/Sergio Ramos I'm too cool to be just a defender' bullsh*t.
    I reckon we'll take them if we leave the passing to Mc Faul, Williams and Finn and yeah I know someone has to pass it to them but use the wings rather than through the middle. At least that's how it works on Fifa 11.

Your comment on using the wings.. I can never understand why they dont do it and can usually be seen with a :eek: face when they start trying to do things they just cant. Twigg doesnt scare me, whats he going to do besides bitch moan and maybe dive? Its when the constant onslaught from Rovers starts to ware the lads down, Hawkins seems to get very tired very quickly, or maybe hes just slow, I dont know, Iv only seen 3 matches after all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The lads looked up for it today in their 12 - 1 win in the friendly charity match Crowe and o'neal up front look sharp . Gannon went on for o'neal up front in the second half and scored ;).
    With the lads fired up for it i can see us getting a win and a clean sheet. A few Rovers players picked up yellow cards so they might not go into it as they did last night in case they get suspended in the remaining games.
    i wasnt that impressed with rovers tonight and they have failed to beat us whilst playing better .

Everyone try and make this one as its a massive game for us and bring your friends and your singing voices. Its a 3pm start so make use of the public transport and get there in your numbers.
    FINGAL ARMY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The pressure is on Rovers. They have a bad record against us and we can outplay them. Hopefully all these things will amount to a fingal win. Nonetheless, I think this will be the game of the season, so every fingal citizen should make the effort to come to this game. Massive is not the word

• Registered Users Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭billyhead

The pressure is on Rovers. They have a bad record against us and we can outplay them. Hopefully all these things will amount to a fingal win. Nonetheless, I think this will be the game of the season, so every fingal citizen should make the effort to come to this game. Massive is not the word

Lads

What time is the match on Saturday

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads

What time is the match on Saturday

3 o clock. Should be a great game

The last time at tallaght. Great game. Crowe likes scoring against Rovers

• Advertisement

Where would I be able to pick up a student ticket for the match. I presume you can pay at the gate on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

There is a ticket office at the far end of the main stand.

There is a ticket office at the far end of the main stand.

Could you purchase them just before the match on the day or do you think they will be in short supply?

billyhead wrote: »
    Could you purchase them just before the match on the day or do you think they will be in short supply?

I doubt it will sell out completely and I presume there will be plenty of tickets for the away section.

This is gonna be great

101009-v-fingal-web.jpg

Anyone associated with this? or at least know when it'll be live?

http://sportingfingalkinsealysupporters.com/

th_bohstosporting.gif?t=1286482132th_bohstosporting.gif?t=1286482132th_bohstosporting.gif?t=1286482132

Great weekend for football. Out for pints and watch the Ireland match in the pub and then off to tallaght tomorrow and pintys afterwards. Sure what better way to enjoy the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Tangy, I appreciate the fact that you've only been to 3 matches but tbh, thats where my appreciation ends. The mistakes in the back 4 are more prominent of late and i'll admit are there for most of the season but that and our inability to close down teams are the only downfalls this season. Our back 4 as individual players are fantastic. Hawkins and Browne are in my mind the best centre half partnership out there when it comes to balls over the top which is the game plan of at least 70% of our opposition. O'Brian and Fitzgerald are 2 work horses and great assets when going forward. They have yet to really impress anyone as a unit but when it goes well its brilliant. No team in the league in my mind can match us for technical ability in the middle of the park and as of late, Crowe and O'Neill up front together are the perfect partnership for holding up the ball to make things happen. Rovers weren't all that impressive on tuesday night and it took a change of formation to catch Bohs out and give them the upper hand for all of 15-20 mins. We should have beaten them on all 3 occasions this season and I think as long as we can shut them down and out play them in mid-field, we have nothing to worry about. I'm really looking forward to this HUGELY IMPORTANT game tomorrow and hope we get a great turn out and make our presence felt.

Ah now, I never said they were out and out crap, theyre just worrying to watch sometimes.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Tangy, I appreciate the fact that you've only been to 3 matches but tbh, thats where my appreciation ends. The mistakes in the back 4 are more prominent of late and i'll admit are there for most of the season but that and our inability to close down teams are the only downfalls this season. Our back 4 as individual players are fantastic. Hawkins and Browne are in my mind the best centre half partnership out there when it comes to balls over the top which is the game plan of at least 70% of our opposition. O'Brian and Fitzgerald are 2 work horses and great assets when going forward. They have yet to really impress anyone as a unit but when it goes well its brilliant. No team in the league in my mind can match us for technical ability in the middle of the park and as of late, Crowe and O'Neill up front together are the perfect partnership for holding up the ball to make things happen. Rovers weren't all that impressive on tuesday night and it took a change of formation to catch Bohs out and give them the upper hand for all of 15-20 mins. We should have beaten them on all 3 occasions this season and I think as long as we can shut them down and out play them in mid-field, we have nothing to worry about. I'm really looking forward to this HUGELY IMPORTANT game tomorrow and hope we get a great turn out and make our presence felt.

I think somebody must have got out of the wrong side of the bed today:p:D

I do agree though. Individually the players are great i think the problem comes from what they are expected to do at the back. It seems they are told to pass it out no matter what or at least incouraged to, which unfortunately leads to mistakes. It also has to be said that some of our marking for crosses and corners aint the best and it aint just the defence that can be blamed for this.

Id say with Mc Faul coming back, that it may help and id also say we will go back to the 4-3-3 formation to accomodate him. Not that id want this but Rovers are one of the teams it has worked quite well against.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Right so off to Tallaght 3 goals clean sheet and 3 points. And that's that.
    No nonsense no messing. Simple philosophy put that little round ball in the back of their net more times than they can ours and hey presto we is only the business.
    God if football were only that.
    I would see 4.3.3 as our set up with Mc Faul letting Williams free to pair up with Finn which has been fantastic this season. Byrne out on the right and i can only assume Kirby on the left but everytime i assume this there he is warming the bench. But if that goes ahead then who through the middle. Gary has not been putting away his chances of late and Glen has been a thorn in their side throughout his carreer.
    Hope we have a good turnout and have a great game. With no EPL on then maybe a few others might come out to watch the game or catch it on Setanta and a good showing from both sides might just might get some people interested in the league.
    See you boys up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement