Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

What a match can't believe we did it again 1.0 down in the final minutes to a rovers team in tallaght and go on to win it. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Top class. Well done to everyone. Even Glenn, right Paul? ;) Didn't want to leave the stadium. Good to see the team acknowledging us at the end too. Legendary performance; Ger O'Brien is such a good defender. Love that crossbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Great win for us today.

Heard the buzz was brilliant. Pity I was stuck in work and couldn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Was one of the best games to be at all season. The finish just sent us mad, didnt want to leave and we where still singing when the lads came back out for their warm down. Great stuff and how much do fingal love Tallaght:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

i think we have proof it wasn't a penalty.....

67308_481762973139_681618139_6856737_3663227_n.jpg

67308_481762978139_681618139_6856738_2271395_n.jpg

aaaaaaaaaahhhh KARMA.......

67308_481762983139_681618139_6856739_6684995_n.jpg

above pics are copyright of George Kelly (Shamrock Rovers Photographer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

i think we have proof it wasn't a penalty.....

I hope you got permission to repost those photos.

I missed the match but was talking to Clarke and he said he never touched him, if anything he kicked out to get the penalty.

Justice that it was missed.

This really makes the league interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

added in the copyright info, that any use???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Great day for the club and the league, I think we might have saved bohs with that victory :pac: ..wish I could have made it out there, hope yas enjoyed yourselves lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Great win for us today.

Heard the buzz was brilliant. Pity I was stuck in work and couldn't go.

+1 What you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

FANBLEEDINTASTIC!
    Mcfaul was a great addition to have back without doubt. We controlled everything in midfield and rarely had any mistakes in defence. O'Brien was great against his old club. We defended well on the set pieces with Shane and Lorcan doubling up on thier danger men and left them little room to carve out chances. The penalty was a penalty but only for the reason that there was contact. Clarkey didn't take the man but as he ran on, he made contact with Bren's foot and 9 times out of 10 the ref will give it. Great to see it missed as it wasn't deserved. Was a poor view on Setanta as to whether their goal was offside so I'm not sure if it was deserved. The Setanta camera men must not have realised we were there as all they showed were Rovers fans. A great atmosphere at the end and I could have stayed all night but the blisters were gettin too much :( Our 2nd goal might have been a slice of luck but a goal is a goal and I'm now looking forward to European football next season :D:D:D:D
    Until Galway peeps, Ravens march on!

• Advertisement

Great day for the club and the league, I think we might have saved bohs with that victory :pac: ..wish I could have made it out there, hope yas enjoyed yourselves lads.

You would have enjoyed it, one of the best if not the best games to be at. There's always friday against Galway

ViperGTS wrote: »
    FANBLEEDINTASTIC!
    Mcfaul was a great addition to have back without doubt. We controlled everything in midfield and rarely had any mistakes in defence. O'Brien was great against his old club. We defended well on the set pieces with Shane and Lorcan doubling up on thier danger men and left them little room to carve out chances. The penalty was a penalty but only for the reason that there was contact. Clarkey didn't take the man but as he ran on, he made contact with Bren's foot and 9 times out of 10 the ref will give it. Great to see it missed as it wasn't deserved. Was a poor view on Setanta as to whether their goal was offside so I'm not sure if it was deserved. The Setanta camera men must not have realised we were there as all they showed were Rovers fans. A great atmosphere at the end and I could have stayed all night but the blisters were gettin too much :( Our 2nd goal might have been a slice of luck but a goal is a goal and I'm now looking forward to European football next season :D:D:D:D
    Until Galway peeps, Ravens march on!

The setanta coverage was muck pre match spend twenty minutes or more talking about the Ireland v Russia game, it looked as if it was an inconvenience for them to talk about the game. And apparentley we don't celebrate our goals because we didn't warrant the camera coming over to us. I know we ain't a big away support but do us the decency of showing us celebrate.

You would have enjoyed it, one of the best if not the best games to be at. There's always friday against Galway

You said that like you know me, haha. Id love to make it to the matches on Fridays, but there's reasons for me never making them, and those reasons will keep me away from this one aswell unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Another must win game on friday folks at home against Galway. A win will see us go into fourth and 1 point behind sligo in third and in that all important final europa league qualifying spot.
    Spread the word folks that it will be another cracker of a game and we need as many people as possible to be there cheering them on to a win.
    FINGAL ARMY.

Woo, Im actually going to make this game. The Fingal have beaten them twice and drawn once against them so far this season, no reason why we can't beat them a third successive time. The challenge for a European spot is looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks,

Does anyone know where you can get a Sporting fingal jersy or jumper etc part from inside the ground?

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks,

Does anyone know where you can get a Sporting fingal jersy or jumper etc part from inside the ground?

You can get it from the main office im sure. Details on the main site

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/ClubContacts/tabid/1356/Default.aspx

I collected my hoody at the office and I know of others who have collected jerseys and other stuff there. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Would you know how much the jersey and hoodie or jumper retails at? Also will they be changing to a new jersey for next season?

Cheers,

Would you know how much the jersey and hoodie or jumper retails at? Also will they be changing to a new jersey for next season?

If they are still available, first years jerseys (the black ones) are 10 I think. The white jersey from year two is 25 or 30 I think. Hoodie is 50 last I heard.
    Not sure about the black jersey from year 2.

I think it might be a new jersey next year but not sure yet. christ after re-reading all that im not sure about much am i :confused:

Im sure if I have any of that wrong someone can put me right.

• Advertisement

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12216/0/

Pre-match article there for tonights match from Extratime.ie. See we are without Williams (suspension) and Maher is a doubt due to injury. Zayed is back from his international debut with Libya so he might feature at some stage tonight. Have to take 3 points from this one and on form we should but as we have seen before we can drop points too easily. However after last weekends win our lads should be on form to win this one.
    A Crowe hat-trick would do just nicely, the man has popped in some very important goals this season for us and while there have been some frustrating times as in the openning game against Boh's when he missed a sitter. His equaliser earlier in the season against Rovers at Tallaght his other one agains Pat's the other weekend and his winner last weekend shows what a great player he has been for the League so it would be nice to see his current form continue.
    Second last night at Morton before the season ends and fighting for Europe. Lets give it a good turnout and hopefully some great football.
    See you boys up there.
    Come on The Ravens.

Cheers,

Just seen on the facebook page that all merchandise prices have been slashed for tonights game. This comes directly from the club. Might be an easy way to get a few things billy. The quality of the stuff is great and would definitely be worth it at lower prices. I intend to have a look myself.

Hi,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down tonight. Do you think the tops they will be selling at discounted prices will be vailable to pick up from their head office in Swords?

Come on man all the contact info you needed was in the link Lamper already posted for you.
    Give Conor Cullen a call or at least send him an email: 01-8950135 / ccullen@sportingfingal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Come on man all the contact info you needed was in the link Lamper already posted for you.
    Give Conor Cullen a call or at least send him an email: 01-8950135 / ccullen@sportingfingal.ie

relax there mate, he was asking sporting fingal fans about things relating to sporting fingal, as we are trying to get as much fans on board as we can we are more then happy do give out information even is it means repeating ourselfs, we dont need people giveing smart answers back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

What a goal from Lorcon. Haha no way he meant it. Good win though hopefully we can finish strong now in the last 2 games.

Good night in the Santry Siro, freak goal from Lorcan but Im certainly not complaining. Got my home jersey for an absolute steal too, that lad workin the merch stand is a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

From Lorcan himself. "had u been closer, you would have heard me shout 'watch out keeps' haha" Good result tonight and meant or not, a goal of the season contender :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Loved Lorcan's goal. I guess Seanie Williams is favourite for player of the year but that goal tonight puts Lorcan in the picture now too. Hawkins played well; he's a top defender and Finner was again, brilliant. Lightning's positional awareness is very impressive: always showing for it, making the angle, tracking back, making the killer pass and he scores too (think of the equaliser against St Pat's at home a few weeks back and the winner away to Dundalk in July). I'll miss watching him play in the winter months. Have to make do with the premiership millionaires for a while. I'm off to tallaght to see the other semi on Sunday. I'll be a lone voice shouting 'hup hup hup' in response to Mr St Pat's Sea Lion. Hup hup hup!!!!

• Advertisement

born2bwild wrote: »
    Loved Lorcan's goal. I guess Seanie Williams is favourite for player of the year but that goal tonight puts Lorcan in the picture now too. Hawkins played well; he's a top defender and Finner was again, brilliant. Lightning's positional awareness is very impressive: always showing for it, making the angle, tracking back, making the killer pass and he scores too (think of the equaliser against St Pat's at home a few weeks back and the winner away to Dundalk in July). I'll miss watching him play in the winter months. Have to make do with the premiership millionaires for a while. I'm off to tallaght to see the other semi on Sunday. I'll be a lone voice shouting 'hup hup hup' in response to Mr St Pat's Sea Lion. Hup hup hup!!!!

Finner for me with Williams a close second imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement