Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

A good night last night and great atmosphere. A few new faces there as well which was good to see. With the race for player of the year tight between Finn and Williams there should be a seperate award for celebration of the year from Lorcan one of the most enjoyable goals i have seen this season. Would not even demean the goal by asking if he meant it or not. Class. Thought Glen put in another good stint last night and while we took our foot off in the second half the first two goals were fantastic to watch in the first half. Great night and pinneapple stu finally got to sing his Freddie song:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Great result last night, although I thought the team could have pushed more for another goal or two. Some very good chances.

As for player of the season, I'd go for Finn or Ger O'Brien.

Wonderful noise from the crowd last night. Well done in supporting the team.

As for Lorcan's goal, no way he meant it. But, that was some celebration. Shame the MNS camera was the wrong side of the pitch to capture it. :D

Dundalk should be a tough game next week, but on form, there's no reason why we can't expect a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

There was a huge gulf in class between us and Galway last night . I felt after the 2nd goal our lads were never out of 3rd gear for the rest of the game . Last weeks win over Rovers seems to have raised our profile as there was a far bigger crowd there then I would have expected for a game v Galway . For player of the year has to be close between Shaun Williams,Ronan Finn and Conan Byrne for me.
    Well done to the drums and singing section. Atmosphere getting better all the time. Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Why not come up and join us?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

for me, player of the season has to be shaun williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

What would you know? DRUM WRECKER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »

He never did like that Raven did he? :D

ViperGTS wrote: »

you get brave on boards and facebook dont you.......

and as far as that what would i know comment? i was a fingal fan from the 1st season, i dident just buy a drum after fingal won the fai ford cup and pretend to be fingals no.1 fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Just back from Tallaght. Kick and rush kick and rush. I will never complain about Fingal's passing game again. Even if we sometimes let in silly goals we try to play the game as it should be played.

Awwww ur some lad u are. "Who did that to the drum?" John "Wasn't me, it was him" Be thankful i'm not goin to Dundalk and there's only one game left after that :D We've had this conversation before about how long who's a fan and what not. All I can add to that topic is V.I.P hahahahahahaha

• Advertisement

mns showed lorco's dance......class:D and freddie got his head over heals jump in too, con gave him a 5 and a half:p

Yeah, plenty about Fingal on MNS tonight. Great to see.

A win for Rovers tonight. :D

That gives us even more hope now for a European place. Hopefully Bohs will win the league, Shamrock Rovers 2nd place, Fingal come 3rd in the league, with Sligo Rovers in 4th, but also Sligo Rovers win the cup.

Roll on Fri night.

will 4th place secure europe for us?

will 4th place secure europe for us?

Provided that someone above us wins the cup, yes. :D

so 3th place or 4th if sligo win the cup

dundalk should be a cracker of a game:D

hold on, 4th will do anyway will it not?

Yes, 3rd or 4th will do us now. But, we still need to keep 4th place, or even push for 3rd.

should be a great game in dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

We need to get the numbers to travel to this one folks so hopefully we get a good showing from the supporters club. We saw what happened last week against rovers when we sang and cheered so lets at least double that showing at help the lads to the much needed 3 points.
    Spread the word , try and get a bus going, let people know if you have room in your car, ask for a lift if you need one but make sure you are there for our last away game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If we are 4th, Pats managed to go 3th and Sligo finished 5th but won the cup we'd miss out. (i think). Unlikely to happen but just makes you want to make sure to try finish 3rd, just in case.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    If we are 4th, Pats managed to go 3th and Sligo finished 5th but won the cup we'd miss out. (i think).

Correct. If we come in 4th, then we need someone above us to win the cup.

But, the players are focused on winning the remaining games, and hopefully securing 3rd place, and not needing to wait on the cup result.

Lets just hope that pats and sligo's cup runs will impact negatively on their league form. They also have to play each other on the last day of the season so that will be interesting to see what type of result we would need.

Pats will also have to be very tired after two games in 48hrs, the disapointment of missing out on the final, and with another game on friday.
    All this and being part time as well cant be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The team we have are good enough to win the league. Look at the table, if we had held out for the win against Rovers and Bray then we would be still in the hunt for the league with the last 2 games remaining. If we have the same players next year with 1 or 2 new players and sort out the defence then this time next year it could be us thats at the top or a point or so behind going into the last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks,

I know its early days but when do the season tickets go on sale again and will there be a studnet discounted one?

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks,

I know its early days but when do the season tickets go on sale again and will there be a studnet discounted one?

Im sure you could pay for them before christmas last year and the previous year. I think they gave out a voucher that could then be exchanged for the card when they where ready. I think my good buddy P Stu got his this way.

I emailed Conor Cullen a few weeks ago asking that question billyhead. Ill try dig up the reply.

Hi Eoghan,

Thanks for the request.

As of yet, no plans have been made for next season’s tickets. We hope to have an idea by the end of this season, so keep an eye on the website for further details.

Regards,
    Conor

If we win our last 2 games, we definately get a european spot next season. If we win both and Sligo drop points in either game, we get 3rd spot in the league and of course a european spot. I think 3rd is doable with Sligo and Pats playing each other in the last game of the season. Unfortunately I can't make it friday but i'm sure we'll get a good turnout and the 3 points. Really hoping for a good crowd for the last game against UCD. Anyone going on friday that has my number, updates will be greatly appreciated ;)

Big game tomorrow. Fingal have beaten Dundalk at each meeting this season, so that should give the guys more hope. I was talking to Conan yesterday and they're really up for the game, and chasing 3rd place (not thinking of just retaining 4th).

No suspensions for Fingal, but Shaun Maher and Colly James are out with injury.

Dundalk have Gary Breen suspended for the game.

I think Fingal are the only team that Dundalk have not yet beaten this season. :eek:

• Advertisement

Nice to see Shaun Williams get PFAI nominations - Player of the year, Young Player of the year, and then Premier Division team (club captaion).

http://www.pfai.ie/news/254-player-of-the-year-nominees-announced

Roll on tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement