Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hope he picks up at least one of the awards. More than likely, young player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Good result tonight.

Two very weird sendings off. I thought Ger O'Brien should have maybe gotten a yellow, but definitely not a red. Now he'll miss the final game. Crazy.

Two well taken goals though, so a good victory.

Roll on UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

And the nominations for funniest moment at the Fingal v Dundalk are

1)Dundalks no 9 Kudzovic giving us lip.
    2)Dundalk fans singing 'Sh1t club, sh1t fans' only for us to score the opener 2 seconds later. :D
    3)2 Dundalk kids sneaking into our section looking for a fight only to be swiftly ejected by stewards.

Super result tonight. We only had maybe 3/4 clear cut chances so converting half of 'em was pretty decent! Dundalk had their chances in the 2nd half but we held strong albeit a couple of red cards flying about in the midst of it all. Was Gers even a red card?

Big thumbs up for the management and players too tonight who came over to us to shake our hands at the end of the game.

Great win tonight. We where not always the better team but we defended well and put our chances away when they came. We where the more professional side tonight and it showed.

As said previously, fair play to the lads for coming over and celebrating with the small but noisy group of Fingal fans. It was much appreciated lads. These things may seem like small gestures at the time but its very important for the growth of the club, so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

So what'll be happening at the UCD game? I remember reading something along the lines of 'just wait and see what we have planned for the last game of the season,' - on the SFFC facebook page.

Sidenote: Is anyone heading to the Final? I know you are Lamper, I saw you commenting on the thread for it in the soccer forum. €10 in like.. great value, and for me a perfect opportunity to see the new Landsdowne for my first time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I fully expected you to go to the final seeing that you are a rovers fan :)

Who me?

So what'll be happening at the UCD game? I remember reading something along the lines of 'just wait and see what we have planned for the last game of the season,' - on the SFFC facebook page.

Sidenote: Is anyone heading to the Final? I know you are Lamper, I saw you commenting on the thread for it in the soccer forum. €10 in like.. great value, and for me a perfect opportunity to see the new Landsdowne for my first time :)

Yeah im heading to it. I fully intended to go regardless of price but considering its only 10 euro how could you resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Yeh I'm going too. Want Sligo to win regardless of consequences for Fingal's UEFA cup place (well not really). Shamrock Rovers wasted 90 minutes of my life with their route one sh*t last week in the drawn semi and I hate them for that. Sligo try to take it down and pass it around.

This coming friday, Sporting Fingal's last game of the season is a pay what you want game. So you can pay as little as 1c or up to 50 euro, you decide. Match kicks off at 7.45pm at Morton stadium Santry.

The club needs the support of the Fingal community as we are looking to finish third. Not bad for our first year in the top flight. Finishing third will guarantee the club European football next season and a large crowd will definitley help the team to get the victory we need. So whether you have seen us or not, come down. Your support will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the pay what you want promotion

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3609/Pay-What-You-Want-promotion-for-UCD-game.aspx

Here is the league table going into the final round of games

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=irl.1&cc=5739

Hope to see yous all there.

• Advertisement

Got this on my word of the day toiletpaper: 'Schadenfreude' - feeling pleasure due to others' misfortune.

I went to the Bohs fan forum website and read their thread for the Galway match right up to when Glaway scored the winner. Ouch, ouch, ouch. One bloke, after effing and blinding every member of the Bohs management and squad said that the highlight of his year was Glenn Crowe's winner against Rovers in Tallaght. Snap.

Looking forward to Friday. Gonna pay 15 euros.

Ive a season ticket but i'll be paying in on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads,

Just wondering and I am too lazy to do the research but how many home games do Fingal play per season?

Depends on cups, etc, but I think it's 16???

18 in the league, I thought.

18 in the league, I thought.

Oh yeah, you could be right. I missed a few home games this season. :D

Ya silly sausage. Iv gone and convinced the gf to attend the match tomorrow. One extra ass in seat, Iv done my part :cool:

Iv gone and convinced the gf to attend the match tomorrow. One extra ass in seat, Iv done my part :cool:

I'll match that. My mrs is going tomorrow night. She'll have to sit with you lot in the stands, since she can't sit pitch side with me. :D Then again, she might go and sit in the press box, for comfort. LOL. Women !!!

Paulw wrote: »
    Then again, she might go and sit in the press box, for comfort. LOL. Women !!!

:pac: "Is there a roof? there better be a roof.. Im not goin' if there isn't one,' - herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

So the final game of our season approaches tomorrow night. Jaysus it seems i blinked in june and now the league is nearly over.
    Tomorrow night is the last night of the season to see our lads. To cheer, roar, shout and sing. To stuff it to the away fans and suffer their roars back. To laugh and slag those around us and to really enjoy the 90 minutes that our lads will give us tomorrow night.
    No Ger O'Brien tomorrow night for a card that i believe from those who were at the match was ridiculous.
    Hope everybody gets out there and gives there all, supporters and players alike.
    See you boys up there.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Ger O'Brien suspended, Colly James (knee) is ruled out and Shaun Maher will undergo a pre-match fitness test on a hamstring injury.

Otherwise, a full squad to select from.

Tomorrow night is the last night of the season to see our lads. To cheer, roar, shout and sing. To stuff it to the away fans and suffer their roars back. QUOTE]
    UCD have fans?

I see a wet and windy night ahead of us at the Santry Siro, still.. cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

cup2.jpg

Europa%20League.jpg

Great night. Two very quick early goals which helped settle the event. Great to see Crowe get 2 goals last night, and also O'Neill too.

It was a good result.

Nice also to have the players come out to the fans after the game for that meet and greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Word is, yous will be in Tolka with us next year.

I like Tolka, I like it a lot. Honestly I wouldnt be opposed to this at all. Where are you hearing this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sources within our club. Take that as you will, as I can't provide any links to it or anything like that. Just what I've been told.

Is it the same source that says that you wont be in tolka next year but using Dalymount?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Sources within our club. Take that as you will, as I can't provide any links to it or anything like that. Just what I've been told.

A few lads over on fool.ie have been saying there are rumours the club have an anouncement to make. I wonder is this it.

Personally I wouldnt mind it in terms of a footballing ground that is far better than morton. Closer to the pitch, better atmosphere and all that. It is a little further out but maybe the pros would out way the cons. Hard to say.

It has been discussed at the fans meetings with the club that there has been a disconnect between fans and players due to the running track and distance the fans are away from the pitch.

I guess we will just wait and see what developes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement