Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Seen that myself. Surprised kenny dropped a division. Great signing for Waterford.

All the best to Frosty as he is one of our longest serving players.

A big loss to the club for Kenny to go. He was a very good centre half. Ok, he did make a few mistakes that gave away silly goals. A great signing for Waterford.

Frosty is a brilliant player and person. I'll miss him around the club. He always made time to chat to people. A great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

3 of our top players gone and we are hearing it from the likes of boards.ie and foot.ie etc... why isent our website updated at all? also look at the 2010 results and fix section on our website the last 3 games are not filled in and a match in the middle of the season, and if u go to our players list it shows players that have left our club months ago and doesent show players who we brought in months ago,

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/ResultsandFixtures/tabid/1777/Default.aspx

the basics :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Website update is a little disappointing and somewhat irksome that Browne has left. Met Liam Buckley last night and he didn't mention it, actually spoke of new signings, none by name of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ken Oman the name in the rumour mill. I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

From what I gather, Kenny left because of personal reasons, he wanted to go back home to live.

I heard Oman is a done deal basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    I discover from other forums that John Frost signed for Limerick and Kenny Browne for Waterford. Would be really nice to have this news on our website but it really needs a upgrade and a change of attitude.

I believe that we will have a new web site soon and thats the reason of the lack of updates on the present one. Keep the faith gents and lamps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Regardless of a new one being put up or not, it still doesnt take much effort to update the existing one. Iv also been hearing that a new one has been on the way for about 10 months now. The basics are not being done, as iv always said, the website will be one of the first places people would go to get info on the club and the fact it hasnt been updated is embarassing, plus the fact we are not even saying thanks to players for their time at SF is also a bit of a joke. Especially in frosty s case. Now if any of these transfers are not fully confirned yet then fine but if they are, its not the way to go about things.

I have plenty of faith but blind is not one of them. ;)

Iv also been hearing that a new one has been on the way for about 10 months now.

Definitely not that long. I've seen some of the production of the new site, and have had a small bit of involvement.

It was due to be launched just before the end of season, but technical reasons held that up.

Paulw wrote: »
    Definitely not that long. I've seen some of the production of the new site, and have had a small bit of involvement.

It was due to be launched just before the end of season, but technical reasons held that up.

Good to hear Paul and hopefully it will be up and running soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Hope Ken Oman is joining: he's a good defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

yeah ken would be a good signing:) also great to hear about the website

Remember lads, just because nothing is being confirmed by the club regarding new transfers etc it doesnt mean nothing is happening. Mark my words lads WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR :) I asked Santa and he always gives me what i asked for because i have been a good boy this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Lisburn Distillery in the Setanta Cup Next Year.

Should be our first competitive game of the season. Happy Days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Forgot the important detail, its at home :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

1st round game at home on the 14th of February. 2nd leg is either the 28th of February or the 1st of March. Monday for the home leg and either Monday or Tuesday for the away leg.

Nice early competitive start for the season. Good stuff :)

Shaun Williams is up for the Fingal Independants Sports star of the year. Conan Byrne was the winner last and this year the paper has decided that it will be the fingal public who decide who wins it.

Simply text Fingal 11(which is the number Williams is under if you want him to win) to 53306

Could be playing Rovers in the next round :)

Im sure they would love that. We have a better record at tallaght than they do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Forgot the important detail, its at home :cool:
    Home? I wonder where that will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

born2bwild wrote: »
    Home? I wonder where that will be.

Mmhm, but I can guarantee you that wherever home turns out to be.. will be a lot closer that travelling to play Distillery away.

The season ticket details are out folks and is great value. You know what to ask santa for now and what to spend your xmas money on.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3705/Reduction-in-ticket-price-for-2011-campaign.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

It's hard to see why anyone would bother with a season ticket based on the "value offered" and previous years .
    For a single adult or concession ticket the saving are tiny and really not worth the effort . The season runs right through most people's holidays and often your flights are on a Friday so often a two week holiday means you'll miss two games anyway . Don't get me wrong 150 euro is a small price to pay for a season but why bother when most people attend 15 matches or less with the best will in the world . More enticing still to pay as you go and not up front .
    The family tickets are really what gets my goat !! In season 09 those who bought kids tickets were made fools of by the Fingal Freddie Club . Supporters who paid 60euro realised they only had to pay 5euro.Then in season '10 undaunted the club brought in "kids go free " a few weeks into the season making fools of those with kids and family tickets . Yes there was compensation...but really it shouldn't have come to that .
    A SET price plan should be issued which will NOTchange . I sadly am very suspicous that within a few weeks these prices will seem very poor value ...again .

If you go to as many home games as you can then its a saving of €5 per game for an adult . Multiply that €5 with the number of home games and the saving is impressive . Same goes with the family tickets. If you buy a season ticket or pay at the gate you are still saving .

€10 for premier division football is good value ,even better with the concessions.

Great prices from the club and will hopefully help to attract more fans.

The unemployed one is a great idea and a very good gesture from the club.

If you intend to go to a lot of the home games then the season ticket is the way to go. The people who intend to go to most home games will buy the season ticket and the ones that dont, wont.

Fair play to SF for their very competitive prices. So can Fingal now get out and help support their club. Its greatly needed and would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Word from a Saudai online newspaper has it that Eamon Zayed has signed a 6-month loan deal with Saudi club Al Qadisiya.

http://www.alittihad.ae/details.php?id=87131&y=2010

Loan money to the club?

While I don't dispute (and even say in my post ) that the season ticket is good value , you're ignoring my central point lads . Based on previous seasons we have no reason to believe that better offers will not be made in the coming months . I just feel it cheapens the club to have a "Dutch auction" every year .
    The other decision I would question is lowering the admission to 10 euro . While a low ticket price worked for a one off like the cup final it does not work for leauge games . It been tried by us (in the extreme)and had little if any affect . Bohs tried a 10euro admission for the Jodi stad many a time with no success . If people want to go a few euro won't stop them and likewise a few euro off won't encourage them .
    In fact theres an argument for making certain games "premium games" (Bohs Rovers etc) and charging more .Irish people love the "event" - we by and large don't take to leauges too well .

The FAI set prices, in general, so the FAI have decided that admission fee for 2011 will be €10.

You will see that same price for most clubs.

Obviously, clubs with a greater following may charge more than that (Rovers), but I bet the vast majority of clubs will charge €10 admission to games.

Ok then the FAI are wrong..wouldn't be the first time . Seems hard to see how live football can be funded even if it is part-time by an admission price which is cheaper than a cimema ticket .
    Any thoughts on the Dutch Auction which happens every year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Paulw wrote: »
    The FAI set prices, in general, so the FAI have decided that admission fee for 2011 will be €10.

You will see that same price for most clubs.

Obviously, clubs with a greater following may charge more than that (Rovers), but I bet the vast majority of clubs will charge €10 admission to games.

Pricing of league tickets is exclusively at the discretion of the club. If the FAI had set them, other clubs would be powerless to charge more/less. You might be thinking about cup games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement