Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

hey CSMFAN, if you have nobody to go with to the leg in dublin or dont know where the venue is etc.. you can come along with us ( and cheer quietly for your own team:D )

thank you for the videos of your team:)

Second that, he can stand with us if he wants and maybe come to the away leg as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

CSMFAN wrote: »

I Think one of the obstacles Fingal will have in this game is even the stadium, I mean, is a stadium in Mountains, so have to play in an altitude, about 610 metres altitude

Yikes!!:eek:

It shouldnt be a problem because if they can play and win on the tolka park pitch they can play anywhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

It shouldnt be a problem because if they can play and win on the tolka park pitch they can play anywhere. :)

Believe me, for who is not used to play in such altitude can make all diference, cause of the oxygenium, requires better breathe control, players can feel more tired faster.

This is The reason why Sporting Fingal will play in CD Nacional Stadium against CS Maritimo

Before:

2526032.jpg

NOW

estadio.jpg

estadio2.jpg

estadio3.jpg

PROJECT

12967_ori_estadio_de_barreiros.jpg

• Advertisement

Here I will post some of what i read in portuguese newspapers about the game with Sporting Fingal, I did translation already.

Van der Gaag, "They have an advantage because they are playing '
    ONLY KNOW BY OPPONENT EUROPEAN NET

After more than a working session held in the afternoon in Machico - with the presence of reinforcement Ricardo Esteves - the coach of Maritimo, Mitchell Van der Gaag, agreed to talk about your opponent that will fit into the lucky draw of the League Europe . And the Dutch know something about the Irish Sporting Fingal, visiting Funchal on 15th of July (2. Second-hand will be played to 22).

"When came out Sporting Fingal in the draw I knew nothing, because the League of Ireland is not well known. Once we get a few things to the net. It is a team that only existed for three years and is in second. Place in its league, the which means they are doing a good campaign, although we can say the irish league is not so strong as portuguese, "stated first. He continued his analysis: "At this point have an advantage over us because they are playing. At this stage it is always difficult to say how we are."

The team's Rep. of Ireland still have four games before visiting Funchal. And Gaag revealed the intention of spying: "Let's scout one match of them. Still to agree wich one."

Another dimension

The leader of the "green and crimson" was his conviction that it is possible to pass this round. "We have another dimension, we will always work in order to pass this round, because last season we struggled a lot to be here," he said. In view Gaag, "nice to win by many goals at home, but we must also throw away." The Dutch, however, is worried about another situation: "I feel enormous pride in my players and I know that Djalma, Baba and Kléber may leave, which is creating some instability."

Prove favoritism

Carlos Pereira was present in Nyon, in the draw, and Maritimo President showed its confidence and is happy to "avoid a long journey." As for the Fingal, "despite its short history inspires respect. Maritimo is the favorite but will have to prove on the field, because we already participated seven times in European competition."

Cup winner full of ambition

Founded in 2007, the Sporting Fingal dispute for the first time a major league Irish (the Airtricity League), having obtained a passport to Europe thanks to winning the League Cup Ireland (2-1 to Sligo Rivers) last November.

"The Maritimo plays in a league at the forefront in Europe and because it has many Brazilians in the team, is certainly a well-equipped technically," said manager Liam Buckley, reacting to yesterday's draw for UEFA.

The Fingal ranks second. Irish place in the championship (two points is the St. Patrick) and the ambition of their coach has no limits. "We will approach this tie with the will to win and move on to the next round", says Buckley, a former Irish forward who once played in the Spanish side Racing Santander.

in The scond picture I post in "Now", you can have a little ideia about the altitude of CD.Nacional Stadium.

Watching that picture, you see 2 cranes, if you look for the crane of the right, pay attention where is the cabine of that crane, then in direction of the cabine, just on the right you see a far construction, looks like a warehouse or big building or something, thats CD.Nacional Stadium, where Fingal will play

More about C.S.Maritimo

Here I leave some of the infrastructures that support Maritimo in their daily routine:

COMPLEXO DESPORTIVO DE SANTO ANTÓNIO

colegio+do+maritimo+g_earth.bmp

The sports complex in San Antonio, serves as Maritimo Headquarter, is equipped with two training camps where they train the team, and where the youth and reserve team has their games.

The complex is equipped with the building which works as headquarters of Maritimo, President office, medical department, college of Maritimo, home for young players, sports hall, gymnasium, sports clinic, bar, etc...

169.photo?name=large

F283.jpg

maritimo.jpg

SPORTS HALL

pav4.jpg

pav3.jpg

This sports hall is located inside the building that is in the pictures above, sometimes serves to support the football team, but is mostly used by other kind of sports of the club like Handball, Volleyball, Basketball and Futsal.

340x255

P1020569.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Cheers for all the info CSMFAN. Its much appreciated.
    The stadium we will be playing in looks great. The one your club is building at the moment looks to be even better. Pity the game wont be played there.

How long untill your new stadium is finished?

It is expected to begin play in new stadium on this new season later this year.
    Last year we played at the stadium, even in construction, played with only half of the occupation, only with the blue and yellow benches that says "MADEIRA", the benches that appear in the photos were obviously closed and under construction.

When these stands are concluded, and the grass pitch, we can start playing in our stadium, and this bench blue and yellow writing "Madeira" will be closed and demolished to complete the stadium as a whole.

Today I read that the works are a little late, and therefore the first 3 home games of portuguese league we will play in a stadium of a third division club, but also in Madeira, Machico Stadium, this stadium in this photo below

campo_municipal.jpg

Estadio+municipal+machico.bmp

Is a little stadium but if it is the cost to have our own stadium I dont care at all to play there that 3 games.
    When completed it will be a dream come true for all Maritimo Fans, and that a special taste, because this year we celebrate our centenary

• Advertisement

CSMFAN wrote: »
    Believe me, for who is not used to play in such altitude can make all diference, cause of the oxygenium, requires better breathe control, players can feel more tired faster.

We may be ok as they are doing warm weather training at altitude on Howth Head :)

Thanks for the postings , top stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Great info for us fans of Fingal CSMFAN, much appreciated. Knowing the location of the stadium its to be played in, do you know if its a big difference travel wise? A couple of hotels had been looked at for accomodation but I think they were close to your own stadium. Again, thanks for the info.

Who's goin the meeting tomorrow night? SF posted on its Facebook page that the club are looking at a few operators to try work out a package deal for fans travelling to the away game. More definate info to be given tomorrow night.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Great info for us fans of Fingal CSMFAN, much appreciated. Knowing the location of the stadium its to be played in, do you know if its a big difference travel wise? A couple of hotels had been looked at for accomodation but I think they were close to your own stadium. Again, thanks for the info.

Hi Viper,

Today I will try to post information about Madeira Island in general, and about Funchal city, is the main city, and where Maritimo is from, and even Nacional.

You right Maritimo Stadium is inside Funchal city, and really near of the touristic zone, so is full of hotels near, since Tourism is even the "motor" of Madeira Economy, Nacional Stadium, is in Funchal yet but not inside the city, is in top of hill or moutain around Funchal city, there basicly exist wood and few houses hehe, exist also a Hotel near their stadium, with an amazing view, to the city, the name is Choupana Hills Hotels (choupana is the name of the zone where stadium is), here I let you the web site

http://www.choupanahills.com/pt/index.html

As you see is even 5 star Hotel, is a very good hotel but in my opinion you should choose one inside Funchal city, or touristic zone (is even where I live there) is good zone, with all kind of facilities, and for who stays 1, 2 or more days I guess is the best option to can know more about the place.

And is far from the stadium if you think is in a top of a moutain, but that just is really far if you think going walking, cause by car is really fast, I remember once to go there to assist derby Nacional - Maritimo, I was late, taked a taxi from downtown, and paid less than 10 euros and arrived there in 20 minutes or less, so imagine, even if the taxi would be 15 or 20 euros, 4 persons in a taxi would be like 5 euros each.

Great was if Fingal find an operator as you said, cause an operator would give the better price since is a group, and probably would proovide transfer between Airport and Hotel, and Hotel - Stadium.

MADEIRA ISLANDS

About Madeira here I let you a link just to give you a ideia of the island, probably many of you read it already

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeira

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDmm49iDLzw

The First place where you will be for sure is Madeira Airport, and I guess few of you had land in an airport with that characteristics, here I let you a picture, to see how is diferent of the airports you may be used to

MadeiraAirport.jpg

madeira_airport.jpg

Airport is not in Funchal, even if they call Funchal Airport, but in fact is in Santa Cruz, 13 km from Funchal.

Im not sure what low cost can exist to Madeira, but I think at the moment just 12 are operating there, as Air Berlin, Arkefly, Cimber Air, Condor, easyJet, Jet2, Jetairfly.

If someone need to rent a car at the airport, there exist Avis Europcar,
    Hertz, Rodavante, Sixt and Auto Jardim.

If you need any other information about airport as timers etc, you should look at http://www.anam.pt/English-254.aspx

FUNCHAL CITY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funchal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKUjzk3afto

My city :-) Celebrated recently 500 years of existance.

Any doubt or something that you wish to know about the place, etc, ask me I try to give you the information.

Here something else than may interest you if you visit Funchal

http://www.moynihansbar.com/

Cheers

More Some fresh news of Maritimo and what one of the players said about the games versus Fingal

Kanu highlights importance of training to be conducted in Ophir
    "Preparing strong entry in the League Europe"

kanu1.jpg

Forward Kanu wants to go back to the times in which he excelled in the team after a season to forget, marked by a serious injury that required a surgical intervention.
    The player warrants that feel good, though still feeling some pain that goes beyond daily with the encouragement of teammates.
    As for the work pre-season, the Brazilian praises Mitchell Van der Gaag and believes the team will be well prepared in time to face the Irish Sporting Fingal in the second qualifying round of the Europa League.
    "This phase of work has been very important. Mitchell Van der Gaag is doing an excellent job, in order to equip the team of fitness levels that are needed, "said the Brazilian forward.
    "In pre-season we have to give the maximum to be well physically," reinforced the athlete, praising also the reindorcements contracted by Maritimo.
    "They were well received by the group in order to integrate fast. In a way, I'm also doing my reinstatement, because I had a lot of time outside the group, due to injury. Now I feel good and want to help the team, "said Kanu.

Calling for comment on the knowledge they have about the European opposition, the player did not hide the ignorance.
    "I just know that this is an Irish team and nothing else. However, I am sure the coach and other coaching staff will spend all the necessary information about the Sporting Fingal, "said the player, hoping the passage to next round.
    "We are preparing ourselves well and I believe do a good job, both in the game here in Madeira as in Ireland," he said confidently.

On the eve of departure to OFir, where the team will do ten days of training, Kanu says that this is an important step.
    "We have to make the most of the stage, where we will be able to acquire the necessary pace and with it have a strong entrance in Europa League," said Kanu.

Kléber left early in the only practice of the day

Striker Kleber soon abandoned the workshop yesterday morning, held at the Stadium of Machico, which marked the work day squad orders of Mitchell Van der Gaag.
    However, this was a preventive measure, since the Brazilian athlete not reported in clinical bulletin provided by the club official website.
    In a preparation in which the phisic work been privileged, Fernando and Andre Villas Boas were the only absences.
    The Madeirian is still in recovery at surgery he underwent in his right knee.
    Already strengthening Andre Vilas Boas, is recovering in a fractured fifth metatarsal contracted during the holiday season.
    Today the team returns to work to meet two more training sessions: 10:00 and 17:00 in both cases in Machico.
    Tomorrow there will be only one workout, 10h00 and on Saturday the team travels to Ofir where a stage will be fulfilled until July 6.

Enrico Silvanni renews protocol with the club
    In preparation of an agreement between Enrico Silvanni, Club Sport Maritimo and Maritimo da Madeira Futebol SAD, today moves to the Sports Complex Club Jose Maria Silva, manager of the company holding that brand of clothing, which will continue to provide costumes officers to athletes, coaches, officials and leaders of Maritimo.
    The prestigious brand will be felt once more in the clothing of the "red-green", a time when the team returns to mark his presence in European competition, in this case the League Europe.
    As the last European participation of Maritimo, this mark clothing designed and made the facts that the Maritimo Committee costumed during travel abroad.
    In Jornal da Madeira, 2010-06-24

Maritimo Supporters optimistic
    Maritimo Supporters look with great optimism the tie with Sp Fingal

maritimonacional06071tn0.jpg

For Maritimo Fans Sporting Fingal in the Republic of Ireland is the ideal opponent for the team Madeira pass to the next stage.

Humberto Camara: "Maritimo has a status that can not fear an opponent, it is clearly inferior. I do not believe it does not happen any surprise. Maritimo will pass'

José Corte: "I do not know the value of the Maritimo team for this season. However, as I have read the Sporting Fingal should not offer any danger. Maritimo is super bookmark."

Elmano Coitus: "I'm not identified with the value of this team. However, because this is a new club Maritimo will have no difficulties in getting the round"

Remember that Maritimo playing July 15 at the Estadio da Madeira, in Choupana and July 22 in the Republic of Ireland, Dalymount Park Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi,

Would like to bring my son to the game tomorrow night - he's a big fan. Have I left it too late to get tickets?

W.

Welcome to the board William. No its not too late. Tickets are sold on the way into the ground at the home supporters entrance. Its €15 for an adult and I think €5 for a child. I'll be able to make it myself but with the chance to go top of the table, its sure to be a great game. Hope u can make it and that u enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Welcome to the board William. No its not too late. Tickets are sold on the way into the ground at the home supporters entrance. Its €15 for an adult and I think €5 for a child. I'll be able to make it myself but with the chance to go top of the table, its sure to be a great game. Hope u can make it and that u enjoy the game.

National school kids go free with paying adult.
    Max of two kids afaik. Should be a good game. Two good footballing sides. Hope you and your kid enjoy the game William.

• Advertisement

I wish a great game for tomorrow, and ofc the victory.

I guess I adopted Fingal as my Irish club already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

how was the meeting lads? any word on good travel arrangements. dno if i can make it away brothers confo on the 14th and wud b going by myself too, but if somethng handy is arranged ill see what i cn do...
    might try and sneak in late after work (finishat haf nine, stupid world cup) tomorrow for the game....

Match tonight V u.c.d 19:45 kick off.

Shelbourne V Sporting Fingal next monday in the semi final of the Leinster senior cup at Tolka park 20.00 kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Thanks for the replies. Just back from the match. Great evening out despite the poor result. Son really enjoyed it. Am half converted myself and so will be back again.

And free crisps as well :)

Dont forget we have a semi final on monday night in tolka park in the leinster senior cup.

Hi Lads,

Pitty the bad result, hope at least was a good game.

Team from UCDublin are students from the University ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

So disappointed with the result.

A good game, with plenty of action though.

Just going through my picts now.

V. Guimarães and Maritimo draw 0-0 in Ofir

Vitoria Guimaraes and Maritimo during this afternoon drew to zero in Ofir, in the first game to prepare both teams for season 2010/11.

For Maritimo, this was an important test since it will be held on July 15 the first official game of the season on the Irish Sporting Fingal, meeting on the second qualifying round of the League Europe.

Coaches Mitchell van der Gaag (Maritimo) and Manuel Machado (V. Guimarães) used all available players, featuring "elevens" different to entry for two periods of the match.

V. GUIMARÃES: Nilson, Alex, Ricardo, Valdomiro, Anderson Santana, Moreno, Custódio, Edson Sitta, Maranhão, Rui Miguel e Douglas. Jogaram ainda: Serginho, Lion, Freire, Bruno Teles, Flávio, João Alves, Bruno, René, Bebé, William e Vítor Basto.

MARÍTIMO: Peçanha, Briguel, João Guilherme, Balú, Alonso, Roberto Sousa, Tchô, Marquinho, Djalma, Fidelis e Cherrad. Jogaram ainda: Marcelo, Ricardo Esteves, Robson, Luís Olim, Luciano Amaral, Rafael Miranda, Kanú, Dylan, Babá, Kléber e Gonçalo Abreu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Looking unlikely that there will be a charter flight arranged by the club. There will probably be some agreement in place with an agent to make the arrangements for travelling support. Watch the club website.;)

• Advertisement

JRCC wrote: »
    Looking unlikely that there will be a charter flight arranged by the club. There will probably be some agreement in place with an agent to make the arrangements for travelling support. Watch the club website.;)

Thats fantastic news for all who are interested to follow Fingal in European "Adventure".

Any other informations you need about Madeira or Maritimo just ask.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement