Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

sffc wrote: »
    While I don't dispute (and even say in my post ) that the season ticket is good value , you're ignoring my central point lads . Based on previous seasons we have no reason to believe that better offers will not be made in the coming months . I just feel it cheapens the club to have a "Dutch auction" every year .
    The other decision I would question is lowering the admission to 10 euro . While a low ticket price worked for a one off like the cup final it does not work for leauge games . It been tried by us (in the extreme)and had little if any affect . Bohs tried a 10euro admission for the Jodi stad many a time with no success . If people want to go a few euro won't stop them and likewise a few euro off won't encourage them .
    In fact theres an argument for making certain games "premium games" (Bohs Rovers etc) and charging more .Irish people love the "event" - we by and large don't take to leauges too well .

It all depends. I would be going regardless of it being €15 or not, but not everybody would be the same and in this day and age people are not spending what they used to, so I fail to see how you could say €10 a ticket couldnt help with attendances. In times like this the €10 an adult would be very welcome indeed and I can see it adding more bums on seats. Whether it will be a dramatic difference or not, time will tell.

Our crowds in the middle of the season dropped back to what we where getting in the 1st division and this was against better opposition so one of the factors could have been the €15 asking price.

I personally know some people who where put off by the €15. It can be a lot of money when money is tight and a 5ver off can make a big difference to some.

Not quite sure by the bit where you say the €10 in has been tried by us. Are you refering to the first division? If so, its not really like for like is it.

The bohs bit. When did they try it, and did it add any more support but maybe not enough?

As for the Dutch auction thingy. I get where you are coming from and I dont totally disagree with you. It is unfortunate that the goals posts where moved regarding ticket prices and I would hope it doesnt have to happen again, but the club had to do something about the fall in attendances and I would have been a lot more annoyed if they tried nothing.
    I paid full wack for my season ticket last season and some of the promotions that where brought in meant that some of the money saved from a season ticket purchase was lessened. The way i saw it was, that i was happy to pay because i was supporting the club and I was happy enough that the club where trying everything they could to get bums on seats with promotons.
    We need to attract as many fans as we possible can and the prices mentioned are a big step in the right direction imo.

The season ticket saves you €30 and it aint too bad if you intend to be at all/nearly all the home games. When the price of tickets come down, the margins for saving on a season ticket lessens as well unfortunately.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Pricing of league tickets is exclusively at the discretion of the club. If the FAI had set them, other clubs would be powerless to charge more/less. You might be thinking about cup games.

One or two people in the soccer section have also mentioned that the FAI set the least amount you can pay in. I dont know myself tbh. Sounds a little strange to me if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Personally im not fussed if prices change after i have bought a season ticket as its all for the benefit of the club. I can understand people being put out but the survival of the club is more important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

all i know is im happy knowing that the club has money upfront from me 180 last year this year it will b 150 and i dont have to worry about money for a home league match for the rest of the season, and lets face it, afew weeks after u pay ur lump sum for the season ticket the money is forgotten about :)

all i know is im happy knowing that the club has money upfront from me 180 last year this year it will b 150 and i dont have to worry about money for a home league match for the rest of the season, and lets face it, afew weeks after u pay ur lump sum for the season ticket the money is forgotten about :)

Feels like you get in free for the rest of the season:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Feels like you get in free for the rest of the season:)

Looking at the way thebohs forum talk about the season ticket they imply that its an investment in the club.
    Like season ticket holders are like shareholders investing or giving a certain burst of investment at the start of the season.
    Some of the suggestions for example on their forum to improve gate receipts was for season ticket holders to still pay the price of entry.

Its like the "pay what you want" promotion. If your a real fan (with a decent financial situation, ie can afford the 10-15 eu in) then you shouldnt mind "donating" the normal charge (or more).
    So while it might be frustrating when the saving you think your making is lessened by the promotions during the year its not really the point.

That said i cant talk. As a poor student i couldnt afford that lump at this time, i tried hinting last year but to no avail....

steped down as chairman, but he may still be pumping millions into sporting fingal:p

nah, wouldent be worried, i heard we secured new investment from different sponsors, plus if we progress a stage in the europe league and maybe win the setanta cup ( most teams put out 2nd string players ) we will get extra funds etc,,, we are a good bit off bohemians money problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It may be "news" to the Fingal Independent, but it's not new info.

This has been coming for a number of months (since before the end of the season).

It won't have any major "new" impact on the club at all, except at board level. A new chairman will have to be elected.

Other than that, it's football as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Keith Quinn signed for Waterford Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Looking at the way thebohs forum talk about the season ticket they imply that its an investment in the club.
    Like season ticket holders are like shareholders investing or giving a certain burst of investment at the start of the season.
    Some of the suggestions for example on their forum to improve gate receipts was for season ticket holders to still pay the price of entry.

Bohs is a members owned club. Becoming a member means you are a part owner of the club. Season tickets are also available which are just season tickets same as at any other club.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Keith Quinn signed for Waterford Utd.
    Should do well in that division I think. Never really got a look in with us. Too many good players ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

steped down as chairman, but he may still be pumping millions into sporting fingal:p

nah, wouldent be worried, i heard we secured new investment from different sponsors, plus if we progress a stage in the europe league and maybe win the setanta cup ( most teams put out 2nd string players ) we will get extra funds etc,,, we are a good bit off bohemians money problems :)

I'd rather not go down the route of presumed income. Spend what we have, not what we might have.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd rather not go down the route of presumed income. Spend what we have, not what we might have.

we have got new sponsors, heard that on the inside ;)

plus i was told by a reliable source that the clubs ( including fingal ) get money from the fai around end of december early january for the fai cup rounds etc.

my point is, we are not in as much trouble as other loi fans like to think we are or as some newspapers try to make out we are.

dsmythy wrote: »

I agree and i think thats what the club is doing.

phew....

honestly just cant wait til the new season and just gt back in2 the real thing none of this off season crap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I've just had it confirmed that Sporting Fingal will be playing in Dalymount next season.

Extremely disappointing.

I've just had it confirmed that Sporting Fingal will be playing in Dalymount next season.

NO!!!!!!!! Could have been worse, like Tolka, I guess. So disappointed. I liked Morton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Paulw wrote: »
    NO!!!!!!!! Could have been worse, like Tolka, I guess. So disappointed. I liked Morton.

At least Tolka is on the 33 and 41 bus routes. Dayler is a better stadium but much worse for younger fans who don't drive to get to.

JRCC wrote: »
    At least Tolka is on the 33 and 41 bus routes. Dayler is a better stadium but much worse for younger fans who don't drive to get to.

19, 19A, 13, 13A, 10, 83, 140 bus routes all go by Dalymount. 4 of those routes suit me.

But, I know what you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Paulw wrote: »
    19, 19A, 13, 13A, 10, 83, 140 bus routes all go by Dalymount. 4 of those routes suit me.

But, I know what you mean.

Not familiar with all the routes you mention but I don't think any of them serve Swords, Rush/Lusk/Skerries or Balbriggan which are the areas with the strongest support.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

That's the problem with this proposal, a community club being removed from the community it was established to serve. If Fingal maintain a 26% holding then I think they should use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

That's the problem with this proposal, a community club being removed from the community it was established to serve. If Fingal maintain a 26% holding then I think they should use it.

A story on the Clubs plight in the Fingal Indo said the board now only had 3 people and 2 of those were from Fingal (coco). If between those two they account for 26%, the board meetings should be short enough.

Extremely disappointing.

Im not, im delighted. Morton was good to us but its a kip and puts off away fans especially if they have to stand on the away terrace.

Im not, im delighted. Morton was good to us but its a kip and puts off away fans especially if they have to stand on the away terrace.

Forgive me stu, do I not know you as a Ucd fan? (that's e-know, not real life know :) ).

Morton wasnt attracting the fans and there isnt any other option in Fingal at the moment. Tolka is falling down and the pitch is a cabbage patch so dalyer is the best option with better facilities all round and a decent pitch. Prefered to stay in Fingal but there isnt any other options at the moment and at least it will make it easier for fans from the d15 area to go to games and have a beer or 2 . Its not all about Swords.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Forgive me stu, do I not know you as a Ucd fan? (that's e-know, not real life know :) ).

You are right, you dont :)

You are right, you dont :)

Pardon me, my mistake.

JRCC wrote: »
    Not familiar with all the routes you mention but I don't think any of them serve Swords, Rush/Lusk/Skerries or Balbriggan which are the areas with the strongest support.

It shouldnt be a problem if they make use of the supporters club buses.

• Advertisement

Morton wasnt attracting the fans and there isnt any other option in Fingal at the moment. Tolka is falling down and the pitch is a cabbage patch so dalyer is the best option with better facilities all round and a decent pitch. Prefered to stay in Fingal but there isnt any other options at the moment and at least it will make it easier for fans from the d15 area to go to games and have a beer or 2 . Its not all about Swords.

Not being funny stu but he didnt mention Swords.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement