Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I know he didnt Lamps , i wasnt suggesting he did. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Not really happy about this move myself. I would have prefered to stay in morton if no other options in Fingal where availiable.

Hope im wrong and Dalymount ends up being a success though because at the end of the day, all I want is the club to do well.

The only concern i have is Bohs ongoing problems. If they do go bang and the ground sold then we could be doing a Rovers which wouldnt be good at all. Like i said before, i prefer to stay in Fingal but its worth a shot for a season anyway as the crowds can only get better and we would have played the euro game/s there anyway so it could benefit us there as well. At this stage im not to fussed where we play so long as we have a team in the premier and doing well as we havent got a ground of our own to call home yet so the politics of playing in Fingal or elswhere shouldnt come into it at this stage. It would be different if we had a ground built just outside Fingal somewhere then the pros and cons would come into play then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Morton wasnt attracting the fans and there isnt any other option in Fingal at the moment. Tolka is falling down and the pitch is a cabbage patch so dalyer is the best option with better facilities all round and a decent pitch. Prefered to stay in Fingal but there isnt any other options at the moment and at least it will make it easier for fans from the d15 area to go to games and have a beer or 2 . Its not all about Swords.

It will be a major culture shock for the D15 fans if SF ever move to Lusk! Seriously sounds like a bad idea, Shamrock Rovers were able to get away with it because they had a strong fan base to start with but Sporting Fingal don't so I can see them lose fans as they move around the sporting stadiums of Dublin.

Morton and Lusk arent that far apart and D15 fans have been further so it wont be a culture shock ;)

• Advertisement

Corsendonk wrote: »
    It will be a major culture shock for the D15 fans if SF ever move to Lusk! Seriously sounds like a bad idea, Shamrock Rovers were able to get away with it because they had a strong fan base to start with but Sporting Fingal don't so I can see them lose fans as they move around the sporting stadiums of Dublin.

This is my fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Dalyer has Burdocks. That little fat man inside me is screaming to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

(1) the 41 and the 41c and the 33 stops outside tesco infront of talka park and its than a 10 min walk to dalymount park so we wont loose any of our so called young fans by the way our young fans are 16 and up we have v few under that age that make there way to the games on there own, so i dont buy that we will loose our young fans thats just bull crap :rolleyes:

(2) we have been in morton 3 seasons, its not a proper football ground, the fans are far away from the pitch so i dont think we will get many more fans there.

(3) dalymount has better parking, same bus route, beter facilities and is a better football ground, we will have our normal fans base goin plus we will get more fans goin cause its dalymout plus if bohs are playing away and some fans mite not make it they mite go and see fingal play especily if its v rovers, pats, dundalk etc...

born2bwild wrote: »
    Dalyer has Burdocks. That little fat man inside me is screaming to get out.

Unfortunately mine got out years ago and the b@stard wont leave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just got an official press release about the move.

It's a 3 year deal to use Dalymount.

• Advertisement

oh dalymount, it used to be bohs but its fingals now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change the crest from a Raven to a Cuckoo?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We're landing in someone else's nest?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Cash isn't being pumped in any more. All the best players are leaving. Sporting Fingal won't be playing in Fingal. The club is a joke.

whos ur1 above this post:rolleyes:

the fixture list for 2011 will be released tomorrow

flash1080 wrote: »
    Cash isn't being pumped in any more. All the best players are leaving. Sporting Fingal won't be playing in Fingal. The club is a joke.

Only truth there is where we will be playing.

Cash isn't being pumped in any more. All the best players are leaving.

I totally disagree.

Yes, finances will be different this season. I think the same can be said for almost every club in the league.

As for the players, the best ones are actually staying - McFaul, Williams, Finn ... and I'm sure there will be some very good new signings coming in too.

Have faith in the manager, he's done well so far to sign top quality players, and that won't change. Some interesting names being talked to by the club. All very quiet though.

The club will very much be back in Fingal, once the Lusk facility is built.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Only truth there is where we will be playing.

There's more true than just where the club will be playing. "Sponsorship" will be WAAAY down. So will gate receipts because the price of adult tickets is down 33%, unless of course crowds shoot up. :rolleyes: The quality players who are staying next season are staying because they have big contracts and they won't get that sort of money off anyone else in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

not a fan but am a member of the community

will this do much in terms of either teams finances?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Any thoughts as to where the singin section will be? And is this decision immediately effective? I mean.. will we be playing the Setanta cup game there on February 14th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Just hear the news...
    I guess anywhere is better than morton and tolka.
    And being optimistic like John says the swords buses stop within 10/15 walk (if i recall after the euro match those not on the supporters bus, including me, walked down whitworth road and got the bus there at drumcondra station).

That said are travelling support was reasonably small, even to the shels matches in the first division (granted it was the first div) so there will definitly need to be improvements in terms of getting people there.
    It also seems strange for sporting *fingal* to not be in fingal anymore and more specifically its moving in on bohs territory.
    The only way irish soccer can improve is if each community follows their local team. Now there is 3 "local teams" for those living in drumcondra, phibsboro north inner city area....seems a bit silly.

Personally the only reason i got to the matches was because i live in santry, so close to morton. Before fingal i would have had a soft spot for bohs but never bothered getting to their games....now im back to square one (ie im lazy lol).

I wonder if it would be possible to get a season ticket for every game in daleyer (ie bohs one week and fingal the next).....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

]
    The only way irish soccer can improve is if each community follows their local team. Now there is 3 "local teams" for those living in drumcondra, phibsboro north inner city area....seems a bit silly.

the areas are blurred :/ most are born and raised into following a team though .... im all for local football but until a few years ago bohs wer my local team which explains why im not a fingal fan ..... the support of fingal has hits foundations once the generations start having an interest (after being born of course) you will be sorted fans wise

There's more true than just where the club will be playing. "Sponsorship" will be WAAAY down. So will gate receipts because the price of adult tickets is down 33%, unless of course crowds shoot up. :rolleyes: The quality players who are staying next season are staying because they have big contracts and they won't get that sort of money off anyone else in the league.

Sponsorship is down for every club in the league. We're not alone.

Yes, sponsorship is down, but the club have secured good sponsorship with enough money to cover the season.

As for the quality players being on "big contracts" ... sorry, had to laugh at that. :rolleyes: If players wanted big contracts, Fingal would be the last place they would have gone. While these quality players are staying, it's because they are contracted to stay. The club was always very smart with who they bought/signed and what contracts they offered. Fingal would not be the biggest paying club in the league.

Players came to Fingal because of a number of factors - the manager, the assistant manager, the style of football, the organisation, the other players, the club ambition, stable solid wages, enhancement programme (education, coaching, etc). It was never for big money, because big money was never offered.

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    not a fan but am a member of the community

will this do much in terms of either teams finances?
    :confused:

dont mean to state the obvious ciara:) but straight away, bohs finances will get a little boost since we ( sporting fingal ) are renting off them for 3 years.

as far as fingal finances, im vary confident we will get more fans than we did when we are at morton so hopefully that will boost our finances up too

I was on the Bohs forum to see how they were reacting to us playing there next year. I was a bit surprised to read a good few comments wishing Sporting Fingal into oblivion. Maybe I'm naive but I don't understand why people would want our club to go tits up. It's in no-one's interest to see any LOI club fold.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/images/stories/2011_Season_Airtricity_League_Fixture_List.pdf

1st match fingal v ucd

2nd bohs v fingal :D

subject to change if there is problems with clubs geting there licence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads

Lokkig to get a hoodie top or home or away jersey for the team. Can be last seasons or an out of date one.The cheaper the better and size large. Any recommendations as to where I could purchase one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Paulw wrote: »
    I totally disagree.

Yes, finances will be different this season. I think the same can be said for almost every club in the league.

As for the players, the best ones are actually staying - McFaul, Williams, Finn ... and I'm sure there will be some very good new signings coming in too.

Have faith in the manager, he's done well so far to sign top quality players, and that won't change. Some interesting names being talked to by the club. All very quiet though.

The club will very much be back in Fingal, once the Lusk facility is built.

Signing a three year deal for Dalymount must mean Lusk is very much on the backburner with FCC.

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    Any recommendations as to where I could purchase one?

Try giving the club a shout -

Sporting Fingal FC
    Newtown House
    Balheary, Swords
    County Dublin.
    01-8950135

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement