Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Signing a three year deal for Dalymount must mean Lusk is very much on the backburner with FCC.

It was never going to be a quick build, especially with finances for the facility coming from many sources. I would say that it might be completed by end 2012 (if the end of the world doesn't happen on 21st Dec 2012). :D It may be ready for the start of 2013 season.

But, that depends on how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Regarding the hoodie/jersey. The club would usually have something at HQ. If you usually wear a large, the hoodie will be fine but jersey sizes are way off. I think a small in them matches up to a regular large size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Paulw wrote: »
    It was never going to be a quick build, especially with finances for the facility coming from many sources. I would say that it might be completed by end 2012 (if the end of the world doesn't happen on 21st Dec 2012). :D It may be ready for the start of 2013 season.

But, that depends on how things go.

Then Sporting could not use it for a year. Its a 3 years contract with bohs. That works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

born2bwild wrote: »
    Change the crest from a Raven to a Cuckoo?

so thats where u got it, "the bohs forum " tut tut :rolleyes:

never mind the lusk thing, just focus on the 2011 season, we all gave out about santry stadium in some way, either the fans were to far away from the pitch, not great parking, ball kids not fast enough etc etc etc, now we have a proper stadium a few miles up the road, great pitch, great parking and just in general a better stadium, a football stadium! we should get more fans in each week either fingal fans or neutrals the live in the surrounding area to dalymount. i think this will make or break sporting fingal f.c. we still have a v good squad of players, its up to the fans now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I was on the Bohs forum to see how they were reacting to us playing there next year. I was a bit surprised to read a good few comments wishing Sporting Fingal into oblivion. Maybe I'm naive but I don't understand why people would want our club to go tits up. It's in no-one's interest to see any LOI club fold.

It's simple really. SFFC should never have been created. North Co Dublin is the natural catchment area for clubs already in existence in North Dublin and Bohs & Shels (though actually a Southside club) should have been the natural choice for football fans in the city and county communities. There were already too many LOI clubs in Dublin and the addition of Fingal further dilutes the already weak potential support base.

<snip> Now those carefree days are gone, the wheels are well and truly coming off the wagon and the vast majority of LOI fans will welcome the club's demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Take the serious soccer discussion to the Soccer forum. This is a 'fan' thread.

greenflash - I have removed libellous comments ftom your last post. Do not post in this thread again.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I was on the Bohs forum to see how they were reacting to us playing there next year. I was a bit surprised to read a good few comments wishing Sporting Fingal into oblivion. Maybe I'm naive but I don't understand why people would want our club to go tits up. It's in no-one's interest to see any LOI club fold.

If what they are saying is true then Fingal will be a footnote that doesn't really bother Bohs. We could take the rent money elsewhere if they want.......

I'd understand people hating on us because we are seen as a threat but I'm sure if you ever put that to them they would deny it. Just support our local team as usual and never mind what others have to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

greenflash wrote: »
    I was merely replying honestly to the question asked which was why Bohs fans want to see SFFC go tits up.

The sooner the better,

I guess everyone has an opinion, like every has an ........

Anyway .... the club won't be going anywhere. The club is growing and building. It has been focused on the Fingal area, where there is no club.

Yeah, there are fans of Bohs and Shels in that area, but so what? There is enough of a population base for another club, and this club is much much more community based than the others.

Why are Bohs fans bitter? Because they can't run the club properly? Because fans are following a new club? Personally, if the Bohs fans are that small minded, they then deserve all they are currently getting.

Me .... I like good football. As a kid, I used to go to Rovers games in Milltown. But, when they moved, I didn't go with them, for many reasons. Now, I live in the Fingal area, and have been lucky enough to be involved with a club that supports quality football and a community base.

Long may it last.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No names were mentioned so nothing was libellous.

I was merely replying honestly to the question asked which was why Bohs fans want to see SFFC go tits up.

The sooner the better,

Yours sincerely and cheerio

A Swords resident.
    Do not ignore mod warnings, and do not challenge moderation decisions in-thread. PM the mods if you have an issue - take a week off to study the boards rules and forum charter

Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Any thoughts as to where the singin section will be? And is this decision immediately effective? I mean.. will we be playing the Setanta cup game there on February 14th?

Section A i would imagine. Im sure we will be.

The majority of the reqular posters on there seem to welcome the move but you will always get a few odd ones who wishes the demise of a club for some reason or the other. Have a look at the shells forum on what they have to say about us, the comments on there gives a new meaning to bitter and lowlife. Its shocking stuff.

It's simple really. SFFC should never have been created. North Co Dublin is the natural catchment area for clubs already in existence in North Dublin and Bohs & Shels (though actually a Southside club) should have been the natural choice for football fans in the city and county communities. There were already too many LOI clubs in Dublin and the addition of Fingal further dilutes the already weak potential support base.

<snip> Now those carefree days are gone, the wheels are well and truly coming off the wagon and the vast majority of LOI fans will welcome the club's demise.

Say that to the those that ignore the league and got to glasgow etc every other week.

Thats no really true now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Don't feed the trolls.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CiaraBohs

Section A i would imagine. Im sure we will be.

we always use F&G, your're generally closer to the away side especially sice the connaught hasn't been used (safety reasons i think) its nice to be close enogh to hear the reactions from the des kelly

would personally love to see fingal do well in the league god knows the LoI doesn't need any more bad publicity for any reason

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

CiaraBohs wrote: »
    we always use F&G, your're generally closer to the away side especially sice the connaught hasn't been used (safety reasons i think) its nice to be close enogh to hear the reactions from the des kelly

would personally love to see fingal do well in the league god knows the LoI doesn't need any more bad publicity for any reason

Hi,

I am going to make a concerted effort to follow the team this season and understand the matches take place on Friday evenings at 8pm. Would anybody be interested in car pooling on Fridays to games from Swords this season. If we could get a few names together

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Sponsorship is down for every club in the league. We're not alone.
    You've just lost huge money from Gannon.

As for the quality players being on "big contracts" ... sorry, had to laugh at that. :rolleyes: If players wanted big contracts, Fingal would be the last place they would have gone. While these quality players are staying, it's because they are contracted to stay. The club was always very smart with who they bought/signed and what contracts they offered. Fingal would not be the biggest paying club in the league.
    The quality players that are staying already have contracts, big contracts, that is why they're staying, good to see you agree with that. The club offered huge money to players because it was bankrolled by Gannon. Fingal were one of the biggest paying clubs in the league, that is fact.

Players came to Fingal because of a number of factors - the manager, the assistant manager, the style of football, the organisation, the other players, the club ambition, stable solid wages, enhancement programme (education, coaching, etc). It was never for big money, because big money was never offered.
    Players came to Fingal because of the money on offer first and foremost. It's laughable to suggest otherwise. Big money was offered.

Say that to the those that ignore the league and got to glasgow etc every other week.

Thats no really true now is it.
    Your first point doesn't make sense in the context.

I wouldn't say the vast majority of LOI fans would welcome the club's demise, I'd say most of them couldn't give a ****e if Fingal go bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Ok Flash. Point made.
    It aint anything we hav nt heard before so can we now get over this and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

F&G it is then. Thats where I sat during the Bohs Rovers game last season. The atmosphere was amazing, we'll be doin well if we can replicate half of that by the end of this season. The added bonus of pulling in Bohs heads during the Dublin Derbys is also exciting.

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going to make a concerted effort to follow the team this season and understand the matches take place on Friday evenings at 8pm. Would anybody be interested in car pooling on Fridays to games from Swords this season. If we could get a few names together

Great idea, hope some take you up on it.

• Advertisement

flash1080 wrote: »
    You've just lost huge money from Gannon.

The quality players that are staying already have contracts, big contracts, that is why they're staying, good to see you agree with that. The club offered huge money to players because it was bankrolled by Gannon. Fingal were one of the biggest paying clubs in the league, that is fact.

Players came to Fingal because of the money on offer first and foremost. It's laughable to suggest otherwise. Big money was offered.

Your first point doesn't make sense in the context.

I wouldn't say the vast majority of LOI fans would welcome the club's demise, I'd say most of them couldn't give a ****e if Fingal go bust.

To lose something you have to have it to start with. Big money compared to ucd etc maybe. Its a bad reflection on the followers of our league then isnt it if they couldnt care if another team go bust and its whats wrong with the league. There are a few clubs that im not keen on for one reason or another but i wouldnt want any of them to go bust or i would give a **** if they went bust. The league needs good footballing sides for it to improve regardless what you think what wages are paid. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys which wont make you competative.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I don't understand why people are dignifing this poster with answers to posts we already know. We have a decent squad again this year, money and a ground to play in. That's the end of it. I couldnt care what any other fan of any club thinks as their small mindedness and negativity doesn't bother me. I'll be in Dalymount come February 14th, drum in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

To lose something you have to have it to start with. Big money compared to ucd etc maybe. Its a bad reflection on the followers of our league then isnt it if they couldnt care if another team go bust and its whats wrong with the league. There are a few clubs that im not keen on for one reason or another but i wouldnt want any of them to go bust or i would give a **** if they went bust. The league needs good footballing sides for it to improve regardless what you think what wages are paid. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys which wont make you competative.
    ViperGTS wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are dignifing this poster with answers to posts we already know. We have a decent squad again this year, money and a ground to play in. That's the end of it. I couldnt care what any other fan of any club thinks as their small mindedness and negativity doesn't bother me. I'll be in Dalymount come February 14th, drum in hand!

ive stuck the head in here before and i just want to add a quick comment.as a drogs fan i couldnt give a bo**ix what happens to other clubs i just want to see my own survive and do well.everyones the same.theres no point bohs fans worrying about fingal or rovers fans worrying about pats or ourselves worrying about dundalk when everyone needs to look after their own first.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Kick-off times in dalymount Park is 19:45 according to the sporting Fingal website
    http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3720/Default.aspx

and the published Fixture List. This is the correct time?

I'm asking because it is mentioned above about an 20:00 ko time.

Best to be there for 7:45 so :D

LiamMc wrote: »
    Kick-off times in dalymount Park is 19:45 according to the sporting Fingal website
    http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3720/Default.aspx

and the published Fixture List. This is the correct time?

I'm asking because it is mentioned above about an 20:00 ko time.

yes its 7.45 ko

Lads,

Does anyone know if the Sporting Fingal offices are open. The phone rings out and I was going to drop up and get a season ticket

You may be best to leave it until tuesday and the tickets may not be ready yet.

You may be best to leave it until tuesday and the tickets may not be ready yet.

Cheers Pineapple Stu. I was wondering is there a supporters club for the team you can join. Also do you think a shuttle type bus will be used to transport fans to games this season?

• Advertisement

That all depends on us. It takes at least one dedicated fan to organise it for each match and at least 10 others to fill the bus. Personally, I think it would be a great idea as Im dreading the 15 minute walk up phibsoboro after I get off the 33 :D But, Im coming from Rush and seeing as the most Rush heads Iv ever seen at a match was about 5.. I cant see any bus coming near us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement