Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Does the 33 stop at the Big Tree pub on Dorset street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

It does, yeah.

Thats job done then as Dalymount is just a straight stroll from there. If anyone complains its too far from there then they are just lazy.

Its a 10 minute walk if you take it easy. If you can stand a bus journey coming from Swords to Morton, surely you can stand another 5-8 minutes to North Ciricular Road.

Personally Im coming from Rush and know that others are coming from Balbriggan.. again, compared to the rest of the journey time just to get to Santry, the extra time youll spend on the bus going through Whitehall and Drumcondra really is nothing.

Hasn't been talk of flags in a while, anyone got anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just had word from someone that Gary O'Neill has signed for Fingal for another season. Great news.

Now, all the club has to do is get a settled defence, and backup striker.

• Advertisement

Great news, but are you sure now ? :)

Well ... can't reveal my sources, but the information today was reliable.

The first information I had was also reliable, and it's true that he was in talks with Rovers, passed his medical, etc, but seems he changed his mind before actual contracts were signed.

Less than 2 weeks until pre-season training, so hopefully I will see then who's playing for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Someone over on foot.ie said the same thing but no sources were cited. Hope it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

born2bwild wrote: »
    Someone over on foot.ie said the same thing but no sources were cited. Hope it's true.

They probably didn't want to cite 'boards.ie'

My source is within the club, but I won't say what they do in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

It's definitely true that Gary has signed back for us again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Rumours from multiple sources that our very own Shaun Williams is in talks with Celtic...

Wonderful news for him, terrible for the club.

And I was only talking to him last week.

Brilliant news for him. He's quality. In saying that, him moving to Celtic wouldn't be terrible for the club - could be some nice money for him.

Best of luck to Shauny, if he does go, he'd be sadly missed.

News on Sky Sports - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6638503,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 belfastbest

sporting Fingal v Lisburn Distillery home 14th Feb/Away 28th Feb-Do Sporting Fingal issue a matchday programme for their home games

sporting Fingal v Lisburn Distillery home 14th Feb/Away 28th Feb-Do Sporting Fingal issue a matchday programme for their home games

Yes, they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Yeah, they always have one. Is the 28th confirmed as the date for the 2nd leg?

yes

One thing about the club, that is somewhat frustrating, is the silence in the transfer window. You can barely hear whispers of who they are talking to and who they are signing. Maybe I'm just noticing it more this season, due to all the concerns, but I know it's the same every year.

But, from some sources, over the last few days, I've heard whispers of 4 players coming on. Nice. :D

From The Irish Times - Jason McGuinness and Greg Bolger coming to us (confirming some of what I heard)

I won't reveal names yet, but there is talk.

I must admit though, that it's quite likely Shaun Williams will be going to Celtic. A really great move for him, if the contract details can be agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 belfastbest

Could any sporting Fingal forum member please get me a programme from the Sporting Fingal v Lisburn Distillery game -thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Seems like a few things are happening of late.

According to the Fingal Independant, Buckley has confirmed O Neil staying which is great news. They are having discussions with Kirby in the hope we can keep him which is also great.

Also, Shaun Williams and Ronan Finn are over with Mick McCarthy at Wolves for a weeks trial at the minute. Would really hurt the team to lose these two but if there is a fee in it for both then it might be best for the club in the long run.

Buckley also says he has renegotiated contracts with some of the players. Not sure if this means players who where out of contract or players who still had a year left.

Also there might be a friendly away to Cork.

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully the fingal people will come out and support their team a little more this year. Its probably going to be a tough few years ahead and we need the support of the locals so we can get the club back to Fingal and hopefully into a ground we can all be proud of. So come to Dalymount and enjoy what is some of the best football that can be seen in the LOI and its only 10 euro for adults and 5 for kids. Not bad for a Friday night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

I agree that there is precious little info coming from the club but its probable decisions havent been made yet. With Gannon pulling out and good riddence to him money may be tight . The engine of our team is the midfield -McFaul,Finn,Byrne,Williams and Kirby. We would find these lads very difficult to replace ,so heres hoping. Liam Buckley has done a great job over the last 3 seasons and I thing he can deliver again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Could any sporting Fingal forum member please get me a programme from the Sporting Fingal v Lisburn Distillery game -thank you
    I've only ever seen programmes on sale at the ground on the day of the match. You may well have to come down to Dublin for your programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

I've just installed Football Manager 2011 and I'm now managing Fingal!!!
    Sorry Liam :P
    I'll let yiz know if I win the Champions league or anything :D

Also best of luck to the boys on trials, would be a big loss to us but would be great to see them play in the premier league!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I'll be going to both games. If you can't make the Dublin leg I can pick one up for ya. PM me if ya want

Also there might be a friendly away to Cork.

Cork friendly arranged for Sunday 20th Feb, 2pm, in Bishopstown, according to a friend with close ties to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Would we be due fees if Finn and Williams moved?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Would we be due fees if Finn and Williams moved?

Definitely. I'd say .... well .... 150k for both ... maybe a bit more.

Skimming over the Bohs Forum and the figure that keeps popping up is '50k a season,'. This is what theyre expecting to get out of us for rent. Where is this figure coming from? Is it all Chinese whispers or is there a reputable source? Also, any thoughts on the repercussions we could face should we win a head to head with them? I reckon anyone hanging around Phibsboro too late wearing our colours could be in for some trouble. This is of course, assuming that theyre still playing in the top flight with us come the beginning of the season.

A guess would be that that is a relatively accurate figure. I don't have any details or info on it.

On another note, I believe another friendly has been arranged, against Waterford. No date yet.

• Advertisement

Skimming over the Bohs Forum and the figure that keeps popping up is '50k a season,'. This is what theyre expecting to get out of us for rent. Where is this figure coming from? Is it all Chinese whispers or is there a reputable source? Also, any thoughts on the repercussions we could face should we win a head to head with them? I reckon anyone hanging around Phibsboro too late wearing our colours could be in for some trouble. This is of course, assuming that theyre still playing in the top flight with us come the beginning of the season.

50k a season was the talked about figure.. I cant recall us having any problems after the games in the past so i cant see it being any different when we are ground sharing and beat them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement