Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Kirby has signed a 1 year deal with Sligo Rovers. Pity to see him go, best of luck to him.

Great player. Our club will miss a player of his quality. Even when the guy wasnt having the best of games he still gave it his all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8BhHr9Ec3Y

Only vid I could find :( there has to be one out there somewhere where he scores the peno to put us in the fai cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Friendly against Parkvilla at 7.30 on Wednesday night in Navan.

Great player. Our club will miss a player of his quality. Even when the guy wasnt having the best of games he still gave it his all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8BhHr9Ec3Y

Only vid I could find :( there has to be one out there somewhere where he scores the peno to put us in the fai cup final.
    Crowie on the line doing his warm-up, not even botherd haha

Tonights game against Parkvilla is off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sporting Man

The game is not the worst news guys keep your ears to the radio. Its a sad day for all of us. it was nice working and making a lot of good friends along the way.

• Advertisement

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

@AlanFarrell Alan Farrell
    I have confirmed that Sporting Fingal are fine and will continue in the #loi. I'm glad to say it was a false alarm.
    2 hours ago via Twitterrific Favorite Retweet Reply

He has it wrong this time im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Anybody care to share what they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dsmythy wrote: »
    Anybody care to share what they know?

Rumour is Sporting havent got the financial investment/backer they were planning on and are going to fold today.

Cant see it myself but this is the LOI.

Btw we need a striker and a left winger if you fold whats your squad list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

He has it wrong this time im afraid.

Yeh dude if your going to be so cryptic not saying anything, stop posting then until it's official or not.

Basically Fingal have lost another huge backer, currently the club is working very hard and some potential ones are interested in investing in the club albeit at a much lower rate than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dreamers75 wrote: »
    whats your squad list?

To the best of my knowledge -

Darren Quigley (GK)
    Brendan Clarke (GK)
    Colin Hawkins (CB)
    Shaun Maher (CB)
    Brian Gannon (RB)
    Ger O'Brien (RB)
    Lorcan Fitzgerald (LB)
    Shaun Williams (MF)
    Shane McFaul (MF)
    Greg Bolger (MF)
    Ronan Finn (MF)
    Kevin Dawson (MF)
    Conan Byrne (RW)
    Gary O'Neill (CF)

I think I'm missing a name or two.

Here's the club's official press release. :(

Sporting Fingal has been seeking to restructure over recent months ahead of the 2011 campaign.

It had developed what it believed to be a viable business plan on a reduced and prudent scale having secured new investors and some sponsors. A number of commitments which would be crucial to its viability have, in very recent days, not materialised.

The club has regretfully, for the first time since it’s inception in 2007, not been in a position to pay players’ wages at this point and are urgently attempting to resolve the issue.

The FAI and the players’ union, PFAI, have been informed of the situation.

Not looking good.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Yeh dude if your going to be so cryptic not saying anything, stop posting then until it's official or not.

Basically Fingal have lost another huge backer, currently the club is working very hard and some potential ones are interested in investing in the club albeit at a much lower rate than before.

Nothing Cryptic about what i said and anyone that uses dued cant be a soccer fan.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »

And im not a dude i could only say so much this morning but its still not good one way or another.

Terrible if this ends up being the end of fingal. Something about this was mentioned in the fingal ind a while back. Something about the company that was going to sponsor us having to restructure themselves and a decision to be made shortly. Well I guess they made their decision. :(

Terrible is this ends up being the end of fingal.

It will Lamper.there is no news yet,will try and keep everyone up to date

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nothing Cryptic about what i said and anyone that uses dued cant be a soccer fan.
    Cut out the digs at other posters, and report hard news that you can back-up here, not speculation or "inside information" you are not prepared to elaborate on

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'm not a Sporting Fingal fan, but I don't understand why any other LOI club supporter would wish to see the demise of another club. Regardless of how long Sporting Fingal have been in the league, any club going under is bad for the league as a whole.

I hope they get this sorted out and get back to football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per the Mod warning in Post #1 - Trolling by non-SFFC supporters will not be tolerated. An automatic 7-day ban will be given.

Same goes for local posters who retaliate. Use the Report Post function & Beasty or I will deal with it.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hope Fingal survive this - I'd hate to see any club be wound up. As a Limerick FC fan I had good memories of the cup games last season against Fingal - talked to a couple of sound supporters.

Can't understand the negativity here or on foot.ie by other LOI fans - the last thing the league needs is more bad publicity. Anyhow, most of the idiotic comments are from Sligo fans who were outraged by Fingal having the cheek to beat them in the cup final a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Very disappointing news. Really looking forward to the season ahead . This couldnt happen at a worse time with the season almost upon us. I was at the meeting the club had with the supporters a few weeks back and they sounded upbeat but were a little vague on the new investor. Hopefully something can be done to save the situation. Must also be a worrying time for the players and staff of the club.

There will be a little piece about what is going on in the sports section of the 6 o clock news. Starting in about 10 mins or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

The statement on the Website has been badly worded, expect a new statement sometime tomorrow with some more details for the fans.

Bucko is still looking for investment, have faith folks.

*EDIT --- Seems it's already down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Fingal story was on News at 6.50 ish but is now NOT on rte.ie or Aertel .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

From the Facebook page if you havn't already seen it.

"Ok people, why do people write such negativity on OUR facebook page. Never does it say ANYWHERE that we won't have a team competing in the LOI this season. The players trained today as usual in preparation for upcoming friendlies and our first ever Setanta Cup game against Lisburn. Don't be writing rumours on this page or your own. GET BEHIND THE CLUB!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Very disappointing news and counter news today, I hope the press statement is true and that a backer can be found quickly.

It was strange being told that the club would be unable to field a team in the league one minute and then told that they would fifteen minutes later, very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Sporting Fingal Website has no statement in its news section. Is there any point having a Website?

Surprised that the poster from the council hasn't got further info as 2 of the 3representatives on the club board are from FCC and the ex General Manager of the club was a former cllr colleague.

• Advertisement

I think a number of things are going on at the same time. The club have investors but one pulled out, so they are currently doing all they can to find a replacement.

They have a team/squad and fans, who obviously want this to work.

When things are so tight and complex, it's easy to understand the confusion. The club only want to issue information when it's true and confirmed.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring positive news and new funding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement