Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Investor doesn't apply to the LOI as there is no return on investment. Benefactor is more appropriate. Someone who donates money for the love of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While there might be no direct return on investment from the club to investor, there can be secondary return - from advertising, brand expansion, brand recognition, etc.

So, in most cases, they are investors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Todays Indo
    Friday February 04 2011

SPORTING FINGAL'S future was plunged into doubt yesterday less than a fortnight before they are due to play their first match of the new season.

The club is not in a position to pay their players' wages after failing to find a replacement for primary investor Gerry Gannon and have informed the FAI and the PFAI of the situation.

The 2009 FAI Cup winners underwent a review of their finances after the developer, one of the first 10 people to have their loans transferred to NAMA, signalled he was no longer prepared to fund the club after sinking €1.25m into the operation.

Sporting Fingal appeared to have secured the investment needed to proceed for the new season, albeit on a reduced budget, but a number of commitments they believed were in place have not materialised.

They now face a race against time to procure a budget for the new season and will need guarantees in place ahead of the closing of the club licensing process in two weeks' time.

The club had been confident of investment to such an extent that manager Liam Buckley was able to announce a number of new signings, while former St Patrick's Athletic commercial manager Philip Nolan crossed the city to take up a new role with Fingal only last Monday.

Sporting even turned down a bid from Celtic for star midfielder Shaun Williams, who could now leave for free if his contract is breached by continued non-payment of wages.

The club are due to open their season in the Setanta Cup against Lisburn Distillery at Dalymount Park on February 14 and are scheduled to kick off their league campaign at home to UCD on March 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hardly worth posting. Theres no new information in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The players have been paid what was owed. Good news.

• Advertisement

Friendly game tomorrow morning, 11:30am, against Phoenix FC.

Scribblestown pitch. at halfway house, take a left and continue straight until u can go no more. It is an all weather facility.

What's happening on Thursday in Tolka? Talk of it on the facebook..

Friendly on Thurs against Shels.

Good game today. Easy to see it's a pre-season.

Must say, the linesman made some good calls today. 2-0 win to Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Yeah the linesman on the other side :D

Paulw wrote: »

Lovely! Hadn't heard of this, KO time?

Are we all opposed to a Sporting Fingal FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2011 in the Soccer Forum? Or are we all content with posting here in DCN? I think it would be more fitting to have a the thread in the Soccer Forum, I havent checked, but I doubt the Dublin City forum has a Shels or Bohs superthread in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's because the mods here are such nice guys that they let it stay. :)

That said, since the this thread started with the new rules it has been a better-flowing thread. Thanks all.

Fingers crossed that the club enjoys a secure future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Good game today. Easy to see it's a pre-season.

Must say, the linesman made some good calls today. 2-0 win to Fingal.

NICE start! hope we hammer shels now and then on to first competitive fixture which shud be interesting (we could easily get drawn against a northern team come europe, and if not they would be of relativly similair standard).

what was the team??!
    any newbies?
    prospects (i know only a friendly but still!)??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Start a thread in the soccer section and it will turn into foot.ie.

Start a thread in the soccer section and it will turn into foot.ie.

Elaborate, please. Iv only ever read that forum once and got annoyed because it wouldnt let me register. So, I dont know what all the fuss is about.

You can easily register for access to the Soccer forum if you follow the instructions on the main page.

You've misunderstood me. I mean I can't register with foot.ie. I cant remember why, I think it was something to do with having to have a work email address.

Ah ok. Thought is was Soccer forum access you were looking for.

what was the team??!
    any newbies?

There were plenty of new players. I didn't get all their names. A good number of young new players too, brought in. They didn't come from the Fingal 20s team. Some quality looking players.

Quigley
    Fitzgerald
    O'Brien (turned on his ankle and was taken off early)
    Hawkins
    Oman
    Byrne
    McFaul
    Williams
    Finn
    O'Neill
    New player on the left wing, didn't get his name.

Dawson
    Clarke
    Bolger

There were 5 other new players. I'll have some picts up later. If people can identify, it would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Bobby Ryan was number 10 on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There were plenty of new players. I didn't get all their names. A good number of young new players too, brought in. They didn't come from the Fingal 20s team. Some quality looking players.

Quigley
    Fitzgerald
    O'Brien (turned on his ankle and was taken off early)
    Hawkins
    Oman
    Byrne
    McFaul
    Williams
    Finn
    O'Neill
    New player on the left wing, didn't get his name.

Dawson
    Clarke
    Bolger

There were 5 other new players. I'll have some picts up later. If people can identify, it would be good.
    No sign of Flood?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    No sign of Flood?

Who?? ;) Nope, no sign of Flood.

The other 5 players were Stephen Last, Jason Dwaine, Jason Marks, Ciaran O'Brien, Sean Skelly.

KO on thursday lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Kick off in Tolka is 8.00pm on Thursday.

You've misunderstood me. I mean I can't register with foot.ie. I cant remember why, I think it was something to do with having to have a work email address.

Its a good thing for you that you cant . ;) You dont need a work e-mail if you are friends with the admin team on there. One rule for friends etc.

CSF wrote: »
    No sign of Flood?

Not for the want of trying as it was lashing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Elaborate, please. Iv only ever read that forum once and got annoyed because it wouldnt let me register. So, I dont know what all the fuss is about.

That other website has a little cozy cartel of opinion going on that includes administrators. You get banned for stupid reasons.

Mods here much more balanced and fair.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Little Drummer Boy

How'ya lads, I've been snooping around here when in need of info for a while but as were about to kick off a new year against Shels tomorrow, I though I'd get more involved!!!:D

via Lisburns twitter

Sporting Fingal have withdrawn from the Setanta Cup so Lisburn Distillery will now play UCD in the opening round, further info to follow

http://twitter.com/distilleryworld

via Tony O Donoghue's Twitter

The news from Sporting Fingal doesn't sound good. Liam Buckley in a meeting with players at the moment.

http://twitter.com/Corktod#

• Advertisement

And thats the end of that..

Sporting Fingal players have had their contracts terminated. - http://twitter.com/Corktod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement