Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Conan Byrne signed for us(Shels):eek::eek::eek:
    If Colm James does end up signing, we've probably been the side to benefit most from the situation. Not posting this to rub your face in it or anything like that btw, just figured it was relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Lamps, why are you having a pop at those you stood with at the games?

What was said at the meeting has already been posted , if you chose to ignore it or if its not up to your satisfaction then so be it but it was posted as good as could be.

A lot of your questions can be answered by the person you are friends with but at the same time take anything you hear with a pinch of salt and be prepared to listen to all sides .

What move was i against? You have changed a lot regarding the club since it was announced that we were to play in Dalymount and even thought i was having a go at you during the convo on the phone the other week when i wasnt and you still think that i am for reasons only known to yourself.

You dont know what went on at dublin city to make that comparison. You are wrong anyway.

Yes Lamps, lets cut this childish crap.

Whats with "The pro managment crowd wont inform us " ? Its just us Lamps, there is no need to be making divisions and having a pop at people just because they have a diffrent opinion. I respect your opinion so why cant you respect mine? Nobody is against you here.
    Why wait till the club is gone to ask the questions about the managment of the club ? you , me and there rest of us have had plenty of chances while the club was runnning to ask any questions to the club we wanted but didnt.
    Like i said before Lamps, the only people that can give you THEIR answers to some of the points you raise is the former GM which you know very well and the council themselves , Liam, who gave his answers at the meeting the other night along with Conan which has been posted to the best of the posters ability on here earlier and the investors. Apart from them, nobody on here can give you clear cut answers to the points you raise only their opinions .
    Ive given my opinions and im not expecting you or anyone else to agree with them and im not going to disect all the pros and cons of what did or did not happen or could have been done.
    Again Lamps, im not against you here and you know where i am if you and the Gooner want tea and Jaffa cakes :) or want your pic taken with my award ;)
    One last thing Lamps, You said it best when you said SPORTING FINGAL.
    Still BFF? :)

Ok lets actually knock a lot of what has been said here right on the head. Im simply debating points much in tha same way others are. Im not against anybody and the only person I had a go at was you tbh. Now you can make it out that im going agaisnt people I stood with as if im now stabbing people in the back and if you and they feel that way well there is nothing I can do about that, it simlpy isnt the case. Im merely debating here and putting my views across. It seems that my charachter is being called into question in an attempt to make me out to be bitter, believe me its not bitterness its frustration at what happened and thats all. No hidden agenda, nothing. You are bringing up private coversations we had in order to prove what exactly? Not really something I personall think you should be doing but hey thats your choice. Im simply saying that if you want to debate the topics with me then fine but please stop questioning my motives they are honest ones. if you dont agree with me, then debate the topics (not me personally) or just dont read it or reply.

Im gutted the club is gone and I dont buy the excuses. Im pointing out what I think and for that, my charachter has been questioned. As said earlier by the mod, attack the post and not the person posting. Debate the points, not me.

You can try and make me out to be what ever, a little hint here a little hint there, Some guy sitting behind his computer roaring at the world, its simply not the case. Im simply asking questions putting out my thoughts. Something everybody does in here. We have all done it. So please dont debate me, debate the topic and if you dont want to then talk about something else or dont reply at all. Im ok with that.

Oh and your jaffa cakes where stale :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

CSF wrote: »
    If Colm James does end up signing, we've probably been the side to benefit most from the situation. Not posting this to rub your face in it or anything like that btw, just figured it was relevant.

Im actually really surprised by that. I thought he would have gone to a team in the PL. Glad to see he got sorted. Do you think he will have a roll to play off the pitch with the club. It seems he is very interested in the off field side of things as well as playing and maybe yous offered him a roll maybe similar to what he wa doing for us. All in all a very good signing.

Im actually really surprised by that. I thought he would have gone to a team in the PL. Glad to see he got sorted. Do you think he will have a roll to play off the pitch with the club. It seems he is very interested in the off field side of things as well as playing and maybe yous offered him a roll maybe similar to what he wa doing for us. All in all a very good signing.
    Nothing confimed in that respect but I'd definitely welcome it as he seemed to do a very good job at the operational level of Fingal. Obviously my optimism about the signing depends entirely on the wage offered, he is better than anyone we have, but I didn't think we could afford that calibre of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Maybe so but would you have refused the place in the first division and with it the chance to build the support? Did you go to any of our A championship games? how many fans do you think did with a good team playing? What if we had won promotion from the A championship at the first attempt, wouldnt it be the same as being put in the first division anyway? You may or not have seen the crowds we were getting without the away support, how much support do you think we could have got if we had a weak side playing and struggling at the bottom of the first division with Salthill devon .
    Whats with the "We " bit? you said earlier you were dragged to a game or but its " We" now . strange.

Is that a point you just scored there? How many games did I need to go to to qualify to say "we". Yes, I was dragged along to games, I didn't say I didn't enjoy what I saw there and I also didn't say I wasn't a fan.

As I have your attention maybe you should get one more chance to answer the question four or five people have asked. Why did they not pull in the wage bill if they knew Gannon was going? Just answer that if you want, or come out and tell me that the whole conversation is making you feel very uncomfortable and we'll let those of us who want to continue do so. Sound good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Ok lets actually knock a lot of what has been said here right on the head. Im simply debating points much in tha same way others are. Im not against anybody and the only person I had a go at was you tbh. Now you can make it out that im going agaisnt people I stood with as if im now stabbing people in the back and if you and they feel that way well there is nothing I can do about that, it simlpy isnt the case. Im merely debating here and putting my views across. It seems that my charachter is being called into question in an attempt to make me out to be bitter, believe me its not bitterness its frustration at what happened and thats all. No hidden agenda, nothing. You are bringing up private coversations we had in order to prove what exactly? Not really something I personall think you should be doing but hey thats your choice. Im simply saying that if you want to debate the topics with me then fine but please stop questioning my motives they are honest ones. if you dont agree with me, then debate the topics (not me personally) or just dont read it or reply.

Im gutted the club is gone and I dont buy the excuses. Im pointing out what I think and for that, my charachter has been questioned. As said earlier by the mod, attack the post and not the person posting. Debate the points, not me.

You can try and make me out to be what ever, a little hint here a little hint there, Some guy sitting behind his computer roaring at the world, its simply not the case. Im simply asking questions putting out my thoughts. Something everybody does in here. We have all done it. So please dont debate me, debate the topic and if you dont want to then talk about something else or dont reply at all. Im ok with that.

Oh and your jaffa cakes where stale :p.

<modsnip> i havent a clue what you are on about at this stage or why you think i have it in for you or questioning your character ( which im not ) .
    You seem to be annoyed that i didnt agree with you for some reason. And why are you having a go at me? o yes, i didnt agree with you on everything.
    If you bother to read through the thread since we folded then you will find that i have shared my views on the subject and if you dont share that view then fair enough as i dont expect you to.
    You can bring up as many points to discuss as you want, its not going to change anything is it or much to say in discussing them no matter how valid they are. I understand that you are annoyed and upset with the club folding but dont take it out on me.
    As for the jaffa cakes, you ate enough of them didnt you ;)

Is that a point you just scored there? How many games did I need to go to to qualify to say "we". Yes, I was dragged along to games, I didn't say I didn't enjoy what I saw there and I also didn't say I wasn't a fan.

As I have your attention maybe you should get one more chance to answer the question four or five people have asked. Why did they not pull in the wage bill if they knew Gannon was going? Just answer that if you want, or come out and tell me that the whole conversation is making you feel very uncomfortable and we'll let those of us who want to continue do so. Sound good?

You went to 5 games in 3 years and not by choice, it hardly makes you a fan. If you went to one game as a fan then you can say US. But keep saying it if you it makes you happy.
    Why didnt they pull the wage bill? I havent a clue but they did cut the back room staff and not renew a good few contracts without replacing them.
    Why would the conversation make me feel uncomfortable?
    How come you are so full of questions and interested in the thread now the club has gone but wasnt interested the last 3 years?

Ye, it seems he signed and Robbie Horgan gone to Monaghan as assistant manager.

A quick question to Fingal fans, If the Shels squad was made up of all ex Fingal players including the manager would you start supporting shels?

I heard he might go to a different first division side because they was letting him to do the same role as he did with us. I think he is linked to a few premier sides as well. I wouldnt read too much into him playing for shels in the friendly against Clane but then again you never know now shels have a few ex Fingal players with them.

A quick question to Fingal fans, If the Shels squad was made up of all ex Fingal players including the manager would you start supporting shels?
    I'd read alot into the fact that he is fully signed and confirmed as a Shels player. And I think a number of Fingal fans are coming out our way even without that happening. Although I would most definitely love if we could replicate the Fingal squad from last season in the First Division on our wage budget. Unfortunately, that is not a runner.

I'd read alot into the fact that he is fully signed and confirmed as a Shels player. And I think a number of Fingal fans are coming out our way even without that happening. Although I would most definitely love if we could replicate the Fingal squad from last season in the First Division on our wage budget. Unfortunately, that is not a runner.

I saw it on our facebook page so i edited my post ;) I thought Colly James had signed a while back no?

• Advertisement

I saw it on our facebook page so i edited my post ;) I thought Colly James had signed a while back no?
    Nothing confirmed. Just has been playing in all our pre-season games. Would like him to be signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

You went to 5 games in 3 years and not by choice, it hardly makes you a fan. If you went to one game as a fan then you can say US. But keep saying it if you it makes you happy.
    Why didnt they pull the wage bill? I havent a clue but they did cut the back room staff and not renew a good few contracts without replacing them.
    Why would the conversation make me feel uncomfortable?
    How come you are so full of questions and interested in the thread now the club has gone but wasnt interested the last 3 years?

Well instead of doubting the credentials of another fan why not turn that questioning mentality on the MOOSE IN THE ROOM? You know, the club that I got what I don't got anymore.

Karl, i havent a clue what you are on about at this stage or why you think i have it in for you or questioning your character ( which im not ) .
    You seem to be annoyed that i didnt agree with you for some reason. And why are you having a go at me? o yes, i didnt agree with you on everything.
    If you bother to read through the thread since we folded then you will find that i have shared my views on the subject and if you dont share that view then fair enough as i dont expect you to.
    You can bring up as many points to discuss as you want, its not going to change anything is it or much to say in discussing them no matter how valid they are. I understand that you are annoyed and upset with the club folding but dont take it out on me.
    As for the jaffa cakes, you ate enough of them didnt you ;)

Why wont talking about it change it? If another opportunity to have a local LOI team comes along I will make sure to attend more fan meetings and ask the questions about the finances that seem not to have been asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Why wont talking about it change it? If another opportunity to have a local LOI team comes along I will make sure to attend more fan meetings and ask the questions about the finances that seem not to have been asked.

grand do that so

Well instead of doubting the credentials of another fan why not turn that questioning mentality on the MOOSE IN THE ROOM? You know, the club that I got what I don't got anymore.

What are you mumbling about now ?

Talking about what should or shouldnt happen or looking for someone to blame wont bring the club back will it as no matter what is asked and answered people will only believe what they want to believe no matter what the truth is.
    My club is gone, i dont need a post mortem or an inquest to prolong the agony and put the final nail in the coffin when i can just live on the good times we had and the friends that was made and live in hope we can rise again some day to take our place in the league.
    Blame who you want, ask as many questions as you like but the answers you may want wont be found on here simply because people who post on here dont have them.
    If you wernt at the meetings then how do you know if any questions was asked or not about the finances?

Talking about what should or shouldnt happen or looking for someone to blame wont bring the club back will it as no matter what is asked and answered people will only believe what they want to believe no matter what the truth is.
    My club is gone, i dont need a post mortem or an inquest to prolong the agony and put the final nail in the coffin when i can just live on the good times we had and the friends that was made and live in hope we can rise again some day to take our place in the league.
    Blame who you want, ask as many questions as you like but the answers you may want wont be found on here simply because people who post on here dont have them.
    If you wernt at the meetings then how do you know if any questions was asked or not about the finances?

Let me first show you what it is to directly answer a question: I know what was NOT asked and NOT said and NOT understood if it was said at the meeting. How (?) because no details came back from the 3 or 4 posters who say they were there.

Message boards are NOT about what you need. They are about what people generally want to talk about within the limits set by the mods. If you have a problem with what I want to post just ignore it and show you are the bigger man. As it is you are showing big desire to go ad hominem pointedly doubting those that are irritating you by talking about the demise of their club. Yes, you are not the only fan of Sporting Fingal but the way you are behaving here makes those Shels fans comments sound true.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/filling-south-african-stadiums-a-problem/

What are you mumbling about now ?

Betting you feel great now. What did that achieve? Seriously....:pac:

Let me first show you what it is to directly answer a question: I know what was NOT asked and NOT said and NOT understood if it was said at the meeting. How (?) because no details came back from the 3 or 4 posters who say they were there.

Message boards are NOT about what you need. They are about what people generally want to talk about within the limits set by the mods. If you have a problem with what I want to post just ignore it and show you are the bigger man. As it is you are showing big desire to go ad hominem pointedly doubting those that are irritating you by talking about the demise of their club. Yes, you are not the only fan of Sporting Fingal but the way you are behaving here makes those Shels fans comments sound true.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/filling-south-african-stadiums-a-problem/

What 3 or 4 posters said they were there? did you read the post made by the poster that was there?
    Have a gander at the Fingal Indo tommorow as the jist of what was said may be in that from what i heard.

As for the rest of your post, its still mumblings :)

Betting you feel great now. What did that achieve? Seriously....:pac:

You still replied didnt you :)

Are you sure you are a Fingal fan or just a shells fan pretending ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Put the handbags away lads.

HB

James confirmed for us today. Dinny won't be joining us.

What 3 or 4 posters said they were there? did you read the post made by the poster that was there?
    Have a gander at the Fingal Indo tommorow as the jist of what was said may be in that from what i heard.

As for the rest of your post, its still mumblings :)

Well I looked at the FI today and there was nothing in it about the meeting.

Read back over the thread and see who was and wasn't at the meeting. The accounts dont contain anything about people asking why the club couldnt cut costs. This was touched on in the Swords Gazette but really what I am left assuming is that the people at the meeting didn't think of asking the most obvious question of the lot.

I dont need to read back the thread, i read it the first time.

Questions was asked at the meeting and questions was answered simple as that.

If you want questions ask at any meeting then the best thing to do is either make sure you attend it yourself or get someone to ask a question for you if you cant make it. There isnt any point in complaining that questions you wanted asked wasnt asked when you could have gone and asked them yourself. Best thing to do is not to assume anything, find out for sure first before complaining.
    The club did cut costs, by not re-singing some high profile players and back room staff etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 derekobrien

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

its the same story conan byrne told afew weeks back, goodluck to them with there new clubs.

Lorcan Fitzgerald for us now too.

Buckley to replace mathews next :)

Buckley to replace mathews next :)

And you called me a crypto Shelbourne fan, while you post threads smiling at the fact that our former Manager could go to them. Alanis Morisette come home, all said about you not understanding irony is forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Time to blow the final whistle on this.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement