Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, it's true. He's signed.

Also, Shane Barrett has left the club.

Goalkeepers

Brendan Clarke (17.09.1985) – Age: 24

Darren Quigley (10.06.1986) – Age: 23

Defenders

Colm James (16.06.1983) – Age: 27

Brian Gannon (11.04.1985) – Age: 25

Ger O’Brien (02.07.1984) – Age: 26

John Frost (20.05.1980) – Age: 30

Kenny Browne (07.08.1986) – Age: 23

Lorcan Fitzgerald (03.01.1989) – Age: 21

Shaun Maher (10.06.1978) – Age: 32

Colin Hawkins (17.08.1977) – Age: 32

Midfielders

Alan Kirby (08.09.1977) – Age: 32

Keith Quinn (22.09.1988) – Age: 21

Kevin Dawson (08.02.1990) – Age: 20

Ronan Finn (21.12.1987) – Age: 22

Shane McFaul (23.05.1986) – Age: 24

Shaun Williams (19.10.1986) – Age: 23

Forwards

Conan Byrne (10.07.1985) – Age: 24

Ollie Cahill (29.9.1075) – Age: 34

Eamon Zayed (04.10.1983) – Age: 26

Glen Crowe (25.12.1977) – Age: 32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hi lads. Back from the hols. This jet lag is killing me :)
    Didnt seem like many results went our way since I last seen a game. Hopefully we do well in europe this week and at least keep the tie alive for the home game. A hard fought draw maybe?
    Unfortunately I wont be making the away trip. Just cant afford two trips away in such short notice. All the best to any who are going.

Sorry to hear about paisley, hopefully Hawkins and Cahill will prove to be decent signings.

I cant wait to get back to watching the team and who knows maybe a home win?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Who are you ? :)

Who are you ? :)

:p

Number 1 fan and dont you forget it ;).

• Advertisement

I cant wait to get back to watching the team and who knows maybe a home win?

Next home game is against Drogheda, next Mon.

Hopefully there will be a good European result this week. An away goal would be great, but a clean sheet would be very important.

Good to see new players coming in. Hopefully they can perform now.

Paddy powers has us at 9/1 to win on thursday 25/1 for it to be a draw a half time and a Fingal win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

I like them columns by Zayed makes for good reading.
    With regards to Shane Barrett the best of look to him and Cork City hope it works out for both. Only got to see him in the pre season friendly against Monaghan where he had a cracking strike from distance tipped over the bar by a great save from their keeper. And in the Leinster Cup against Boh's where he had a good game particularly in the 2nd half, as far as i can remember he only came on once for us at home but i could be wrong about that. So once again the best of luck to him.
    So our first game in Europe this Thursday, appy days.
    Anyone know if their will be live feeds on the game? Extratime.ie or the likes?

The ones that had the rights to show it live isnt doing it so maybe RTP-Madeira might have it so best check on the day. Also Justin tv might do it.
    The uefa site will show it for €1.99 after midnight so check that out if you can go until then without seeing the score.

Welcome home.

• Advertisement

Cheers brother, looking forward to our next home match seems like years since i've seen us live. Hopefully a good showing away, a 1.1 would do quite nicely. A win would be better but i would be happy with that.

I see the match ball for Thurs will be a Jambulani. That should make it more interesting.

From talking to some of the lads, they're enjoying the camp so far. I'm not jealous, honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CSMaritimo

Paulw wrote: »
    I see the match ball for Thurs will be a Jambulani. That should make it more interesting.

From talking to some of the lads, they're enjoying the camp so far. I'm not jealous, honest.

The ball will be the Jabulani, but in orange, like the balls they use when snowing. It sucks.

I've seen the picts. They'll have a few days to practice with it, at least.

Ger O Brien keeps us updated on the goings on out in Madiera

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3334/Altitude-to-Quizmastersall-in-a-European-week.aspx

I really hope that we keep the tie alive for the home game and would ask anybody who may read this thread but isnt necessarily a supporter (yet:)) to come to the European game and support fingal on the night. We really do need more support from the area of fingal and what better way to start supporting the club than a european night against good portuguese opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supporter1910

Hy everyone,

Im another Club Sport Marítimo fan living and studying in Oporto (Portugal), so unfortunately i will not see the game live in the stadium.

I come here to wish Sporting Fingal lucky to the game, but i think if no miracle happens, Marítimo will be in the next stage.

How goes to Madeira wish you a good travel, hope you enjoy our beautifil island and all the sightseeings.

Cheers

Hopefully the game will be shown here.

http://www.rtp.pt/EPG/tv/epg-dia.php?canal=4&ac=d&sem=e

The lads are all set. All looking forward to the game. The home side seem very confident of a large home win. Hopefully there will be a big upset on the cards for them. The Jabulani ball might be a factor though. The home game will use the normal LOI ball.

Hopefully the game will be shown here.

http://www.rtp.pt/EPG/tv/epg-dia.php?canal=4&ac=d&sem=e

I really doubt it. Only in a stream, but we have to find it :X

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/booboy1

Keep an eye on that. It's supposed to show the Fingal 2nd half of the match tonight according to the Soccer Forum.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/booboy1

Keep an eye on that. It's supposed to show the Fingal 2nd half of the match tonight according to the Soccer Forum.

It now seems that the whole fingal game will be shown here due to difficulties showing the Dundalk one.

Edit: doesnt look like its working :(

I want a stream :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Think I'm going to wait till 12 tonight and watch it then. Friend having a party for it, so think I'm going to log off for a while so I don't see any scores or updates!

Come on lads!

Extratime.ie have it on live tracker seems we have started well with kirby supplying a cross in from a set piece and williams just late on to it sending it wide. Williams has forced a foul after nutmegging one of their brazilian lad.

Dundalk not having a good time down 4.0
    http://www.extratime.ie/liveupdate/

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to wait till 12 tonight and watch it then. Friend having a party for it, so think I'm going to log off for a while so I don't see any scores or updates!

Come on lads!

Where is that?

It looks like we have made a half decent start according to extratime. Updates can be found there. Just keep refreshing the page.

http://www.extratime.ie/liveupdate/

great minds and all that :D

"Maritimo have had a few shots off target. thing is we look well, it's probably just that we need to settle. Conan doing well. Clarke is a feckin hero."
    Straight from a text from a mate who is at the match(lucky f$*%$r)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supporter1910

None irish channel will stream the game?

In Madeira, local channel will transmit the game but not in internet. :mad:

"Finn nearly scored" from text message.

• Advertisement

None irish channel will stream the game?

In Madeira, local channel will transmit the game but not in internet. :mad:

Try this one its not a stream but a live report on the match.
    http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12343/1/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement