Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Damn extratime gave me heart failure. They showed the score as 4-2. But, they now corrected that back to 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

All over 3-2.:(

What a great performance from our lads. Keeps the tie alive and all to play for back home. Cant wait for next week now. 1 nil wins the tie for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

how annoying!!!!! my head's wrecked over that. We'll murder them in dalymount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CSMaritimo

Great final minutes. Fingal played like very well, Maritimo played horribly bad in the 1st half. I guess the experience decided the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supporter1910

We won 3-2.

And we will win or less draw in Dublin.

Fingal plays well today.

GO GO MARÍTIMOOOO!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

Congratulations to Fingal, did a good game even if scored twice in 4 shoots.

I must say I was thinking would be more easy for Maritimo, now Maritimo had like a warning and will prepare the Dublin match with double of the attention, and 1 week of works in a team who is in pre season I think can do all diference, but Fingal opened the future of this eliminatory, nothing is decided at all.

All Sporting Fingal Fans just have to be proud of the lads and of the club.

They represented really well the club and Irish football.

I will be in Dublin for second match.

Congratulations !

CSMFAN wrote: »
    Congratulations to Fingal, did a good game even if scored twice in 4 shoots.

I must say I was thinking would be more easy for Maritimo, now Maritimo had like a warning and will prepare the Dublin match with double of the attention, and 1 week of works in a team who is in pre season I think can do all diference, but Fingal opened the future of this eliminatory, nothing is decided at all.

All Sporting Fingal Fans just have to be proud of the lads and of the club.

They represented really well the club and Irish football.

I will be in Dublin for second match.

Congratulations !

You will be very welcome. Lets hope its a great game on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Reports coming back from Portugal that only 4 mins were put up but the goal came in the 95min+15seconds.

Mass complaints after the game, also judging by the stream at the Rovers game the ref was a joke as well.

At least the LOI refs know they ain't the only cowboy officials in Europe anymore.

Ugggggh....Anyways, great result from the lads, this tie is far from over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Just a word from the DCN Mods - Thanks to you all for the well-natured posting this evening. What a blessed relief compared to times past. :)
    I hope it was better for you guys too.

A big night for you all. Well done to SF! Hopefully the return leg will see them through.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

BTW I think we have signed Anto Flood from Galway. Should be made official in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Saw he got released alright. Was thinking earlier wouldn't that be a great signing. Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ah pity about the late goal but good performance all the same. If they play well in Dalymount and lose out to Maritimo they have still done us proud because by all rights we shouldn't really still be in the game from the first leg against such a team, and yet here we are :)

A few picts available on the Inpho website. I like the look of the European jersey they're wearing.

Really looking forward to next week's games. Probably a weaker team will play against Drogheda, to rest some of the bigger players.

I believe that Hawkins was injured, and has been taken to hospital, as a precaution (damaged ribs).

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Well done lads. Never thought you'd get such a good result over there and it could have been even better by all accounts. Its up for grabs in the next game and it would be great if you could pull it out of the bag.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    BTW I think we have signed Anto Flood from Galway. Should be made official in the next couple of days.

When i heard he was released, i thought that would be a great signing. Esp considering O Neil is out at the mo. The guy is a really hard worker up front and would suite the way we play. Can be a bit of a moaner as well though. Watch this space I guess.

O'Neill should be back for the return leg, and may even get some time on Monday against Drogheda. They're taking their time bringing him back, to ensure he doesn't have a re-occurance of it.

Flood would make it very interesting up front - Zayed, Crowe, O'Neill, etc all fighting for that striker position.

Paulw wrote: »
    O'Neill should be back for the return leg, and may even get some time on Monday against Drogheda. They're taking their time bringing him back, to ensure he doesn't have a re-occurance of it.

Flood would make it very interesting up front - Zayed, Crowe, O'Neill, etc all fighting for that striker position.

Great news. He was having a great season untill the injury.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Just a word from the DCN Mods - Thanks to you all for the well-natured posting this evening. What a blessed relief compared to times past. :)
    I hope it was better for you guys too.

A big night for you all. Well done to SF! Hopefully the return leg will see them through.

HB

You will have to come to the game now. I feel that fingal spirit starting to grow in you. Dont deny it now. Forget that silly egg chasing sport you claim to love. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Right lads I have me and a bunch of lads dying to see the game. I don't know the score and I don't want to. So I haven't read this. But if some one can tell me how to stream the match from UEFA.com I would love them forever. I have one of the lads trying to do it, cuase he knows the score, but I can't look around the uefa site for fear of seeing the score! Would love if some one can PM me instructions how to do it so my friend can do it.

Thanks....

COME ON FINGAL... REALLY HOPE WE GOT THE WIN!!!!

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Right lads I have me and a bunch of lads dying to see the game. I don't know the score and I don't want to. So I haven't read this. But if some one can tell me how to stream the match from UEFA.com I would love them forever. I have one of the lads trying to do it, cuase he knows the score, but I can't look around the uefa site for fear of seeing the score! Would love if some one can PM me instructions how to do it so my friend can do it.

Thanks....

COME ON FINGAL... REALLY HOPE WE GOT THE WIN!!!!

I couldnt find the game on it. From what i could see there was only games from last seasons Europa league. Now maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
    If yous figure it out could you post it up here. Cheers

• Advertisement

Goals from the game and an interview that maybe one of our CS Maritimo friends could translate for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

Sorry lads but thats shocking goalkeeping or the first 2 Maritimo goals. It could have been so, so much better if he hadn't made those 2 errors.

You're well in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

S23 wrote: »
    Sorry lads but thats shocking goalkeeping or the first 2 Maritimo goals. It could have been so, so much better if he hadn't made those 2 errors.

Aye, Clarkey wont be too happy with that at all. Adds some spice to next weeks game. Cmon lads!!!!

S23 wrote: »

Yeah, not good at all. From reports though Clarky did make some good saves aswell.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Two away goals is good going, every chance of nicking a 1-0 in Dalyer. Must pop down to watch it.

Two away goals is good going, every chance of nicking a 1-0 in Dalyer. Must pop down to watch it.

All welcome. Hope its a good match on the night

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The fact that yis are still in it should mean a good crowd anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Unfortunately didn't end up getting to see the whole game. But, Lamper thanks for the clips, at least we got to see something.

Hawkins has got 2 broken ribs. Out for a few weeks. Gary isn't expected to back in time for next week, which is a pity.

Happy with the result though. The main thing is were still well in it. Pity we couldn't hold out for the 2 all but still happy. The goals we conceded were soft. But also poor defending for Lorcons goal. Nice finish though, especially for a full back.

Can't wait for Thursday. Really think we can do it.

SFFC

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Unfortunately didn't end up getting to see the whole game. But, Lamper thanks for the clips, at least we got to see something.

Hawkins has got 2 broken ribs. Out for a few weeks. Gary isn't expected to back in time for next week, which is a pity.

Happy with the result though. The main thing is were still well in it. Pity we couldn't hold out for the 2 all but still happy. The goals we conceded were soft. But also poor defending for Lorcons goal. Nice finish though, especially for a full back.

Can't wait for Thursday. Really think we can do it.

SFFC

I just hope maher will be back from injury in time. We are not having any luck with our defenders

• Advertisement

The fact that yis are still in it should mean a good crowd anyway.

Hopefully

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement