Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

You don't need Nailer back for the 2nd leg when you have Crowey in the team ;)

He extended his lead as the all time LOI top scorer in Europe with that lovely header tonight. If you can keep the game in the balance until the last 20 minutes they will get nervous and drop off. And, from what I have seen of you lads, if they do that you can keep it and move it around and eventually a chance will come. And you've just the man to do the business if the chance somes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I just hope maher will be back from injury in time. We are not having any luck with our defenders
    Sean Maher came on as a sub tonight. I hope we can do it. I nearly through my computer out the window when I heard that third goal...five minutes added on when three were signaled...what's going on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

born2bwild wrote: »
    Sean Maher came on as a sub tonight. I hope we can do it. I nearly through my computer out the window when I heard that third goal...five minutes added on when three were signaled...what's going on there?

I have to disagree, goal was at 90+4 and referee gived 4 minutes not 3.

65934n.jpg

2r6z85k.jpg

1xze68.jpg

biuscp.jpg

zks9pt.jpg

2uyqhlh.jpg

15pfrch.jpg

vg66mf.jpg

1znbi9i.jpg

2q15850.jpg

v4me51.jpg

20fvz1f.jpg

282ol76.jpg

2hex46t.jpg

20s7ssk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

great pics. How come the return game is in Dalymount? Does the stadium in Santry not meet UEFA requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dubmick wrote: »
    great pics. How come the return game is in Dalymount? Does the stadium in Santry not meet UEFA requirements?

Morton could have been made ready, but the cost and hassle were not worth it. They would have been required to erect a temporary stand to seat visitors.

A decision was taken to use Dalymount instead. Other options would have been Tolka Park, Tallaght or Richmond Park.

Obviously, with Dalymount being the nearest and best option, it was chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

It does seem like there are different reports on how many minutes where put up on the board. Some saying 3 others 4. At the end of the day its still 3-2 and not much can be done about it except beat CS Maritimo by 1 nil or 2-1 :)

Uefa draw on here

http://video.uefa.com/video/Competitions/UefaCup/Season=2011/liveDraw_videoFlash.html

Fc Honka or Bangor City awaits the winner of our game with CS Maritimo

Maritimo / Sporting Fingal will face the winner of Honka from Finland or Bangor City from wales in next stage !:D

Bangor city managed a 1 all draw last night with FC Honka in Finland. So Bangor have the advantage going into their home game.

Looking to the other possible teams that Maritimo/Fingal could face, was a very good draw in whats respect to trips, had team from Bulgaria, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia, Belarus, so one of this ones or the one from Norway are for sure the better trips.

Probably Wales since Bangor draw away with goal scored.

• Advertisement

A win on Thurs and then a result for Bangor would be best for us. Financially, the draw against a team in Finland wouldn't be the best.

I think, it's a very good draw for us, once we get through this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

The team will not fly back till sunday because of the direct flight arrangements so it should see an interesting team selection for monday night against Drogheda.
    BTW loving that euro shirt.

Ger O'Brien there giving his review of the match.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3339/Default.aspx

Is it true that the team will not fly back till sunday because of the direct flight arrangements? If so it should see an interesting team selection for monday night against Drogheda.

Yeah, that's my understanding. I think they will do some training when over there, to maintain fitness.

I think the team selection for Monday will give some players a rest for Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

4 minutes went up on the board and 5 played. And we had fans from kilkenny and carlow somewhere at it plus from the north and some english people all supporting Fingal and was delighted with our performance and will either keep an eye out for our results or will be at the match on thursday.
    Local people i talked to in cafes and bars was saying that Crowe was very good plus i heard that one of the Maritimo directors at half time was asking about him and a few others :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sporting60s

S23 wrote: »
    Sorry lads but thats shocking goalkeeping or the first 2 Maritimo goals. It could have been so, so much better if he hadn't made those 2 errors.

You're well in it though.

i think your being a bit harsh on clarkey,from the fans view in the stands, for the 2nd goal,the ball swerved at the last minute,coupled with fact our defence did not react after the save,this is the same ball all the world cup keepers had a problem with.although he maybe should have done better with the 1st goal,the defenders should share the blame for that and the 3rd with regards to slack defending.

for what its worth,the 3rd goal was scored at 94mins 19 seconds.

all in all,it was a great team peformance,with an equal effort on thursday,who knows what could happen.

i think your being a bit harsh on clarkey,from the fans view in the stands, for the 2nd goal,the ball swerved at the last minute,coupled with fact our defence did not react after the save,this is the same ball all the world cup keepers had a problem with.although he maybe should have done better with the 1st goal,the defenders should share the blame for that and the 3rd with regards to slack defending.

all in all,it was a great team peformance,with an equal effort on thursday,who knows what could happen.

Im guessing you made it over. How was it. How where the home fans. Looked like a tidy little stadium they had there (I know its not theirs but still a nice little facility)

I cant wait for thursday. :) Heading up to Mondays game aswell. First one for me in over 3 weeks due to holidays.

Im guessing you made it over. How was it. How where the home fans. Looked like a tidy little stadium they had there (I know its not theirs but still a nice little facility)

I cant wait for thursday. :) Heading up to Mondays game aswell. First one for me in over 3 weeks due to holidays.

yeah,great trip,home fans were very vocal,lots of drums,megaphones,etc,etc
    pitch was on top of a mountain[600 meters above sea level]dirt track roads leading up to stadium,with plenty of evidence of mud slides,from the town looking up,you could see the clouds were lower than the stadium, the facilites at the ground were first class,the team to a man put in a great shift,and can be very proud with there effort,maritmo celebrated at full time like they already won the cup,as did their fans,i dont know wheather it was relief or arrogance, its only half time in the tie,so heres hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CSMaritimo

yeah,great trip,home fans were very vocal,lots of drums,megaphones,etc,etc
    pitch was on top of a mountain[600 meters above sea level]dirt track roads leading up to stadium,with plenty of evidence of mud slides,from the town looking up,you could see the clouds were lower than the stadium, the facilites at the ground were first class,the team to a man put in a great shift,and can be very proud with there effort,maritmo celebrated at full time like they already won the cup,as did their fans,i dont know wheather it was relief or arrogance, its only half time in the tie,so heres hoping.

Hehehe Maritimo fans are very loyal to their club, so we support the team almost the 90 minutes of the game. It's not arrogance, believe me. :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

CSMaritimo wrote: »
    Hehehe Maritimo fans are very loyal to their club, so we support the team almost the 90 minutes of the game. It's not arrogance, believe me. :)

Cheers.

so we should expect a fairly good away support on thursady from yous?

can you make the game?

i cant wait for thursday:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

so we should exspect a fairly good away support on thursady from yous?

can you make the game?

i cant wait for thursday:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I really wish I could go to the game, but unfortunately I have the final exams for
    the University. But I hope next away game I will be able to see it.

TBH I don't think CSM will have a big support in Dublin, probably 10 or 20 fans max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The balls on Thursday will be regular ones again rather than Jubilani. Clarkey will have no trouble with them :D

The noise the drums made going through the tunnel was unreal ,fair play to them though our fans made a bit of a noise as well :)

dsmythy wrote: »
    The balls on Thursday will be regular ones again rather than Jubilani. Clarkey will have no trouble with them :D

it wasn't just clarkey that had a problem with the ball,every other player complained about it.;)

it wasn't just clarkey that had a problem with the ball,every other player complained about it.;)

The Jabulani is pure garbage, Clarkey isn't the only one complaining, it looks like a ball we buy in the supermarket, it's made of plastic haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Looking forward to tomoro nights game against Drogheda been a whille since i've had a live game so a trip down to the Morton will do me sweet.
    Hopefully a good turnout we are chasing the league and every point counts and a good showing from us can help the boys sneak that late goal or keep a clean sheet, it would also be good to show the lads that we appreciated the performance against Maritimo, (as others who were over there have already posted they gave a great account of themselves), and give them a boost ahead of thursday nights 2nd leg.
    Come on the Ravens!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

For those interested in going tomorrow night that are new comers or those that would rather be on holiday than see their beloved team play :D The "noise" section of our fans have been relocated to our rightful spot at the left hand side of the main stand (where the players come on and off the pitch). For the small number we had in the area for the Sligo game it was much better than the other end. We'd appreciate as many numbers in this area as possible tommorow night.
    Johnny out!

ViperGTS wrote: »
    For those interested in going tomorrow night that are new comers or those that would rather be on holiday than see their beloved team play :D The "noise" section of our fans have been relocated to our rightful spot at the left hand side of the main stand (where the players come on and off the pitch). For the small number we had in the area for the Sligo game it was much better than the other end. We'd appreciate as many numbers in this area as possible tommorow night.
    Johnny out!

At least we have a decent excuse for not being at games, whats yours:p. And you cant pull the Daddy excuse and responsibility thingy. Well at least not for another month;)

Lamps, make sure you bring that horn i gave you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

This section is a family section too. No horns to be brought that were given to someone by another man :p I've only missed games because of work. I don't care for my kids so much that i'd miss football :D On 2 weeks holidays if I havent already mentioned:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement