Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC Supporters' Thread - IMPORTANT: Read Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

ViperGTS wrote: »
    For those interested in going tomorrow night that are new comers or those that would rather be on holiday than see their beloved team play :D The "noise" section of our fans have been relocated to our rightful spot at the left hand side of the main stand (where the players come on and off the pitch). For the small number we had in the area for the Sligo game it was much better than the other end. We'd appreciate as many numbers in this area as possible tommorow night.
    Johnny out!
    Yeah we were up at the half way line for the sligo match. I emailed Joe Corr a few times about that back in April. Maybe someone's listening! Hope it stays like that because you can see more from the right side of the stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

born2bwild wrote: »
    Yeah we were up at the half way line for the sligo match. I emailed Joe Corr a few times about that back in April. Maybe someone's listening! Hope it stays like that because you can see more from the right side of the stand!

I think it will stay like that. From talking to Joe at the last game, he said it was better, for a number of reasons. It may just take a little time for everyone to get used to it.

Hopefully the rain will stay away for the game this evening. I don't fancy getting soaked again. There's no shelter on the pitch. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Lamps, make sure you bring that horn i gave you :)

Perhaps that is a conversation you and lamper would be best having in a pm or over a glass of chardonnay on some promenade as the sun settles low and all that can be heard is the tune of YMCA playing softly in the background...or the soft ballad from culture club 'do you really want to hurt me...'

Viper a low swipe at those who have commiments to further Fingals interests abroad, if it's good enough for utd and Celtic then as ambassadors for the club some of must take on said obligations and not hide behind feeble excuses such as "family commitments"
    'Can't we all just get along':D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »
    This section is a family section too. No horns to be brought that were given to someone by another man :p I've only missed games because of work. I don't care for my kids so much that i'd miss football :D On 2 weeks holidays if I havent already mentioned:cool:

On holidays from work or are you abroad? Will you be at the game tonight?
    Perhaps that is a conversation you and lamper would be best having in a pm or over a glass of chardonnay on some promenade as the sun settles low and all that can be heard is the tune of YMCA playing softly in the background...or the soft ballad from culture club 'do you really want to hurt me...'

Viper a low swipe at those who have commiments to further Fingals interests abroad, if it's good enough for utd and Celtic then as ambassadors for the club some of must take on said obligations and not hide behind feeble excuses such as "family commitments"

Hey, low blow. Ah crap:mad:

Paulw wrote: »
    I think it will stay like that. From talking to Joe at the last game, he said it was better, for a number of reasons. It may just take a little time for everyone to get used to it.

Hopefully the rain will stay away for the game this evening. I don't fancy getting soaked again. There's no shelter on the pitch. :(

Maybe something like this would do the trick ;)

football_head_umbrella.jpg

• Advertisement

[/B]Maybe something like this would do the trick ;)

football_head_umbrella.jpg

Oh thanks. :D

Considering the weather at the last Bray game, I would have been blown away with that thing.

2 layers of rain gear for tonight, just in case.

Oh thanks. :D

Considering the weather at the last Bray game, I would have been blown away with that thing.

2 layers of rain gear for tonight, just in case.

If the weather forcast is to be believed, its supposed to clear up later.

Im hoping we get a decent crowd tonight. Well a decent one for a monday night. Most clubs find it hard to keep up there normal crowd levels on monday games. At least the world cup is over now so that might help and the kids are off school now with no exams so when the games return to Fridays, we might get better crowds. Although if we manage to stay in Europe it might be a little longer before friday games are back.

Chardonnay at Morton? What's next? Prawn sandwiches? Horns aside though, and good luck to the lads and their romantic evening by the sea as the sun sets with George Michael playing low in the back ground, let's hope we destroy the bogmen tonight and send those ronaldo and nani wannabees back home with their careers in ruins on Thurdsay.

So disappointed with the result tonight. The game was there for the winning. A bit of a weird sending off for Quinn. The first was definitely a yellow, but the 2nd should never have been given.

But, I know the big game is Thurs. Really looking forward to that now.

Really bad result tonight. That ref is a joke. Buttimer If im not mistaken.

Quinn so called second yellow was never a tackle worthy of a card. Completely ruined the game. It always seems this ref is involved in some crazy mistakes no matter what game he is ref in. Iv constantly heard nothing but bad things all season from different fans from different clubs about how bad this guy is.

Anyway. That puts a little gap between us and the top 3 now. We really need to beat Pats and Rovers in our next two games if we are to keep in touch with the top 2/3

Bad bad night.:mad:

Oh, at least the fans where in fine voice near the end. So much better down that end of the ground. Fairplay to everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Really bad result tonight. That ref is a joke. Buttimer If im not mistaken.

Twas Tomney....

I think we 'rested' too many players and deserved to lose as a result of that.

The bread and butter is the league and I hope the same big changes are not made again on Sunday against Pats.

Terrible Result. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

Hi people,

Anyone have idea where is section A in Dalymount Park ???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

true, afew players were rested but the team on field were still a much stronger side then drogs team, just certain things went against us, anyway thats the bad game/result out of the way, roll on thursday and a uefa victory:D

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Twas Tomney....

I think we 'rested' too many players and deserved to lose as a result of that.

The bread and butter is the league and I hope the same big changes are not made again on Sunday against Pats.

Terrible Result. :mad:

Yeah just seen that on the Airtricity lg site. Rant still counts though and Buttimer is still a terrible ref:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

CSMFAN wrote: »
    Hi people,

Anyone have idea where is section A in Dalymount Park ???

thanks

When you get in its the far right corner as you look at the pitch.

h the game last night, just wondering how people think some of the players performed? Say 1-10 (10 being great, and 1 being very poor).

Dawson
    Cahill
    Quinn

I know a good few of the players were out of position, as such, but what's your view on individual performances?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

h the game last night, just wondering how people think some of the players performed? Say 1-10 (10 being great, and 1 being very poor).

Dawson Worked very hard, did quite well, 6 or 7 i guess
    Cahill Didn't seem that involved in the game, but was involved in the build up to goal, 5
    Quinn This lad has never really taken my fancy any time I've seen him. 2nd yellow was a little harsh, but if I'm correct the first was very reckless and unneeded. 4

I know a good few of the players were out of position, as such, but what's your view on individual performances?

Browne was very good at the back. Won everything and I mean everything that came his way.

Williams didn't have a great game up to his usual high standards.

Eamo was no where to be seen most of the time and didn't win one ball in the air I don't think.

Kirby was very good when he came on. Made us look a lot better.

What do you think about the performances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

The sending off was a disgrace the ref needs to be taken aside to explain his performance. Having said that we had a team that should have won last night and once again complacency crept in and we did not capitalise on our possesion. Drogheda won cause they scored more goals end of, we were both down to ten men at that stage.
    Its all well and good having players that pass it well but at some stage somebody has to take it on themselves to shoot. Too many dinks and short passes inside the box, strike the ball test the keeper and put them under bleedin pressure not spread it aroun the midfield with no end product and letting them have a breather.
    Anyway big shout out to Dawson who i thought showed a grit and determination to win the ball and get forward, yes he gave it away on occasion but he did his best to win it back, good lad, well done.
    Well done to Viper who was relentless on the drum in the second half and to all that shouted and cheered and sang. Not sure how everybody else feels about where the singing crowd are now but for me its a winner.
    Roll on Tursday

Interesting thoughts.

I have to agree, to most statements.

I think Dawson is really coming on well. His ball control is very good, and he's improving in confidence. Like anyone on the team, he gives it away from time to time, but he always makes a good effort to recover. I really like the lad, and he will be a big asset in future.

Cahill didn't do much. He made two runs at the box, and that was about it. But, it's his first game, so he may just need time to settle in to the team.

Quinn - When he was first signed, I thought he'd make a great winger. Sometimes he has a good game, where he will actually take on the defenders, but he's no Conan. The second yellow last night shouldn't have been a free, never mind a booking, nor a red. Mad decision by the ref. His first yellow, was a really stupid tackle from behind.

Browne - very strong and controlling. A great defender. I was really looking forward to Hawkins and him teaming up and making the back solid again.

There is definitely something lacking in the team. An out and out striker, someone willing to poach, someone willing to shoot from the edge of the box. Sometimes, I think they try and walk the ball in to the net. Injuries haven't helped - McFaul, O'Neill, etc, but it's no excuse. There is a very strong team and squad.

I know they'll all get an ear bashing this morning at training, and this might be an added spark to inspire them for Thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

I thought we got the result we deserved last night. Drogheda are a truly awful team and we made them look ok. Our passing going forward was dreadful-we could pass it across and back but going forward awful. Our crossing into the box when we got into decent positions the same. We really missed Ronan Finns ability to drive through the middle at defences.I think centre forward is Eamonn Zayeds best position yet he had a poor game from that position last night.
    Alan Kirby made a big difference when he came on . The injuries we are carrying are causing problems in the back four. John Frost is not fit.Brian Gannon is not tall enough to play centre back.
    All in all,a very disapointing night . However if we finish in the top four in our 1st Premier season we will have done well . Roll on Thursday.

• Advertisement

When it comes down to the striking positions we dont have the strikers who can do the lone striker role like O Neil can.
    Zayed and Crowe are not equiped for that role for different reasons. Crowe has no pace and is clearly not able to get around the pitch enough for him to do the role justice (not really his fault, he is just not that type of player and his age is against him).
    As for Zayed, Well he is just a finisher and not much else. Far too lazy at times and cant win enough in the air. Doesnt always chase lost causes or charge down defenders either. Both strikers require a partner up front. Unfortunately the best partner for either would be O Neil so we are still scr€wed anyway.

On another note. Dawson impressed me again last night. Anytime iv seen this lad he looks good. Always tries to impress and always plays his heart out. I can definitely see why this lad was promoted from the under 20 s. One for the future and hopefully the first of many off the sporting fingal conveyor belt. Which will be very imortant for the clubs future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shazboh

I have two tickets spare that I have for sale for Thursday's game 2 adult tickets for the jodi stand in dalymount 15e each if anybody wants them can you pm me please thanks sffc ........

Bohs got a pasting in wales:eek:. 4-0 to TNS. 4-1 after both games. Puts a little more pressure on ourselves and Rovers to get positive result on thursday. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Bohs got a pasting in wales:eek:. 4-0 to TNS. 4-1 after both games. Puts a little more pressure on ourselves and Rovers to get positive result on thursday. Fingers crossed

not realy:P now that bohs are out they can go for the league and prob hope us and rovers stay in the uefa for as long as possible and rest players in the league for uefa matches and drop points like we did against drogs last night:rolleyes:.

personly i think it is ok for us to rest players in the league and put out our best players in uefa while it lasts, i know people say the league is the bread and butter but in my opinion i think we wont finish in the bottom half of the table ther for still be in the premier division next year, in 3 years, we won the fai cup and got promoted to the premier division, not many clubs can say that, so y not not go for a top 3 finish and just see how far we go in uefa, and wen/if we get knocked out, we have the league still, plus it gives other lads more playing time in the league like dawson, which will build confidence and give us a much more settled squad in the future,

does any1 agree with me or am i on my own:D

not realy:P now that bohs are out they can go for the league and prob hope us and rovers stay in the uefa for as long as possible and rest players in the league for uefa matches and drop points like we did against drogs last night:rolleyes:.

personly i think it is ok for us to rest players in the league and put out our best players in uefa while it lasts, i know people say the league is the bread and butter but in my opinion i think we wont finish in the bottom half of the table ther for still be in the premier division next year, in 3 years, we won the fai cup and got promoted to the premier division, not many clubs can say that, so y not not go for a top 3 finish and just see how far we go in uefa, and wen/if we get knocked out, we have the league still, plus it gives other lads more playing time in the league like dawson, which will build confidence and give us a much more settled squad in the future,

does any1 agree with me or am i on my own:D

Your always on your own :p

Just kidding buddy.
    Fair enough points but at the moment we are falling behind the top 3 not just the top. I will feel a successful season (league wise) would be to finish in the top 3. (I really want European football again next year:)) At the beginning of the season I thought a mid-table finish would have been a good league position but after seeing all the teams up close now and most twice or more, there really hasnt been much to fear. In a lot of cases we should have had more points on the board if we had just gone for the win instead of sitting back on 1 goal leads. Iv lost count of the games we have gone 1 up in and then been pegged back. Actually there are very few games where we have actually gone behind in. Bohs 3 times (gits), Shams once and im not sure who else off the top of my head. (Im sure someone will let me know)
    Point being that we should actually be a few points futher up the table than we are and then the Drogs loss might not have been as big an issue as it was.

Roll on thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

When it comes down to the striking positions we dont have the strikers who can do the lone striker role like O Neil can.
    Zayed and Crowe are not equiped for that role for different reasons. Crowe has no pace and is clearly not able to get around the pitch enough for him to do the role justice (not really his fault, he is just not that type of player and his age is against him).

Would have to disagree with you there lamper, I don't think Crowey's age is a factor, imo he's overweight and has lost a yard of pace as a result. He played his socks off in Madeira but ran out of steam after 60 mins.

You are right about O'Neill. Trying to imagine what his impact would have been on our away leg is interesting and certainly, I'd play him ahead of Zayed/Crowe any day of the week.

Still haven't seen Keith Quinn play 90 minutes (thanks to dubious 2nd yellow the other night) but was disappointed with Cahill. We really need a high quality left winger. Anyone got £10million and we'll buy Aiden McGeady?

Would have to disagree with you there lamper, I don't think Crowey's age is a factor, imo he's overweight and has lost a yard of pace as a result. He played his socks off in Madeira but ran out of steam after 60 mins.

You are right about O'Neill. Trying to imagine what his impact would have been on our away leg is interesting and certainly, I'd play him ahead of Zayed/Crowe any day of the week.

Still haven't seen Keith Quinn play 90 minutes (thanks to dubious 2nd yellow the other night) but was disappointed with Cahill. We really need a high quality left winger. Anyone got £10million and we'll buy Aiden McGeady?

Well we will just have to agree to disagree.

The reason he is overweight, has lost that bit of pace and ran out of steam after 60 mins is down to his age imo, hence why he is not ideal for the role (not his fault).
    Iv been delighted with Crowes contribution in the last 2 months or so from what iv seen and reports from other fans. The guy was never brought in to be our main striker and unfortunately he has been put in a role (lone striker) that doesnt suit him or his style of play. I do still think the guy will play a big factor in anything good that happens to our club, whether that be in the dressing room or on the pitch.

The point being made really is that O Neil is the ideal striker for our formation and that neither Crowe or Zayed are equiped for that role. This doesnt mean they wont play well up there in certain games but the role requires a hell of a lot of work and neither striker can do this. Crowe (age) and Zayed (willingness)

Personally Id love to see how Crowe or Zayed would do with a willing runner like O Neil alongside them in a 4-4-2 formation.

Yeah just seen that on the Airtricity lg site. Rant still counts though and Buttimer is still a terrible ref:)
    Yeah when he was announced as the ref at oriel park there when we won 2-1 the Dundalk fans started groaning...He was wrong to send quinner off but we only have ourselves to blame. Really annoying. Why won't Zayed shake a leg?
    It's hard to type cos I have my fingers crossed that maher and o'neill will be able to play on Thursday.

born2bwild wrote: »
    Yeah when he was announced as the ref at oriel park there when we won 2-1 the Dundalk fans started groaning...He was wrong to send quinner off but we only have ourselves to blame. Really annoying. Why won't Zayed shake a leg?
    It's hard to type cos I have my fingers crossed that maher and o'neill will be able to play on Thursday.

I dont think O Neil will be ready but id love it if he was. Maybe somebody in the know could enlighten us.

As for Maher, he did come on in the away leg, so im hoping his absense from the first team squad on monday was just a precaution.

Edit:

Just seen mentioned in an article on extratime, that Maher wont be available for the game on thursday. Thats a big blow as we only have one recognised centre-back.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3918/

• Advertisement

I dont think O Neil will be ready but id love it if he was. Maybe somebody in the know could enlighten us.

As for Maher, he did come on in the away leg, so im hoping his absense from the first team squad on monday was just a precaution.

O'Neill won't be available for Thurs. Sorry lads.

I was at training today (getting a few picts). McFaul will be back and available for selection. Maher should be available too.

No new injury worry for the squad.

Shaun Williams will captain the team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement