Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U14 Hurling C&C

• 06-06-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Long time off here. Time to get a few posts up. Took these from yesterdays at U14 match Maurs V Skerries. Nothing beats a local derby, well nothing beats winning one. C&C most welcome.

4671891737_33f106ddcd.jpg

4672515582_209be0f6a7.jpg

4671890123_684a3a86e3.jpg

4672514810_2f36f7726e.jpg

4671885425_1630b959ff.jpg

4672510632_4091e22fca.jpg

4671875617_e8bb0c6e9f.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Alright Balfey! Some lovely photos there :) Photos 2 and 6 are my favourites as the action is coming at the viewer and photos with a hurler soloing are always nice :D Only criticism I have is that photos are a little dark but it is not a big issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Lovely sharp crisp images which I always love in Sport field games.
    However I do find the croppings on some of them way too tight, 2,3 and 6 especially.
    The player in #4 is too centre for my liking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 are cracking shots. Very nice job on the sharpness, hurling being such a fast paced game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Lovely sharp crisp images which I always love in Sport field games.
    However I do find the croppings on some of them way too tight, 2,3 and 6 especially.
    The player in #4 is too centre for my liking too.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Animal Rights, I know it's a personal thing on the cropping. I find with hurling you have to get a close crop for action shots. But that is me. Thanks again. D.

Yeah I know you have to get close and all the Sports togs here hammer that thru into your head but in your case I find you've even missed some of their helmets/hurleys to get even closer.
    Let's take pics 1 and 2 for example..
    #1 is so much a better crop as you can get persepective by the bit of space between the border and her helmet, pic 2 is totally on it and so one just feels you can't breath and I don't mean that literally.
    So b4 you think I'm been overly critical, I like your style of cropping in 1 and not 2.
    While we're at it, I woulda had the player in #3 more to the right too. :p

As I said they're damned good sharp crisp shots for such a fast game. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I know you have to get close and all the Sports togs here hammer that thru into your head but in your case I find you've even missed some of their helmets/hurleys to get even closer.
    Let's take pics 1 and 2 for example..
    #1 is so much a better crop as you can get persepective by the bit of space between the border and her helmet, pic 2 is totally on it and so one just feels you can't breath and I don't mean that literally.
    So b4 you think I'm been overly critical, I like your style of cropping in 1 and not 2.
    While we're at it, I woulda had the player in #3 more to the right too. :p

As I said they're damned good sharp crisp shots for such a fast game. :)

I never judge anyone to be over critical, value eveyone's opinion. Agree with you on some of the tightness, the lens is a 300mm prime so when the get into the last 1/4 of the pitch because I have it on a crop body ,40D, it loses alot of the body. Saving the pennies for a full frame. Was with Onlooker at a recent dublin minor game and it makes a huges difference on the full frame body.

So hopefully in the near future we might be able to squeeze a little more out of the lens.

BTW did you do your football game shoot yet?

Nah, was offered a Bohs pass but tbh I've just not got round to doing it....
    Might start some praccy by going to my nephews saturday morning games, I'd imagine the 5D II is not ideal for fast sports anyway, I also don't have a 300mm, have the 70-200 2.8 but sure that would only be so so on a FF for reach.
    I do own the 100-400L but that would be pretty cumbersome and slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

come on the bohs. i can see that match been great.
    are you aloud go take pictures of "schoolboy teams"

come on the bohs. i can see that match been great.
    are you aloud go take pictures of "schoolboy teams"
    Well normally I wouldn''t but since my nephew is there with his Dad it should be ok.
    Then again maybe its safer photographing Bohs. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

there both bad situations lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great stuff as usual D. The cropping is a personal thing really!! To much blue for me;). Looking on club website the images you are getting with that lens are super. www.stmaursgaa.ie

Did we beat our neighbours?

there both bad situations lol :)

Lol. I'd say the 70 to 200 would be perfect. Was in our own club on sat morning at u9 blitz and one of the visiting teams was querying who your man was with the camera!

I'm like you AR. Won't go unless i know someone. It's a shamebut too risky these days.

LeoB. Hammered them, 7-12 to 1-6 i think was the final score. That young nephew of mine was in full forward today and ran amuck scoring 3.5. He is some piece of work. Blessed with talent. Only problem he will have in the future is deciding which route to take with hurling, football and soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great result against our neighbours;). J.B is some talent alright super athlethe and a good lad as well.

Pity the way things have gone with taking photos, try my line.... At a junior game a few week ago which was getting a little "rough" one lad asks "what the fck are you doing with the camera" my reply, "working for candid camera they need images of p**cks" he was not best pleased:)

I think for juvenile sports its handy to be a member of a club. I as yet have not been questioned but always wear a club top.

Balfey1972 You are getting great images with that lens. Really like them all.
    B.T.W I often meant to ask about you user name, is that the year you were married?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Some lovely shots Balfey. What aperture were you using there as a matter of curiosity?

kelly1 wrote: »
    Some lovely shots Balfey. What aperture were you using there as a matter of curiosity?

Cheers Kelly1 I have a 300MM prime canon f4 aperture used. Using it on AV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

As a Brigids man I have to say......There very good. I got to say I get great enjoyment shooting my kids games and thats enough for me. I post mine up up on picasaweb for the parents.

NORTH1 wrote: »
    As a Brigids man I have to say......There very good. I got to say I get great enjoyment shooting my kids games and thats enough for me. I post mine up up on picasaweb for the parents.

I use flickr for hosting all the club photos. You ahve another good brigid's man in Onlooker that has some fabulous shots. Agree with you on the kids games. They love to see themselves in action in the photo's.

We better not raise this with Ray Darcy Show after his comments regarding the guys photographing the mini marathon.Totally off the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    We better not raise this with Ray Darcy Show after his comments regarding the guys photographing the mini marathon.Totally off the wall.

What was Ray Darcy saying?

kelly1 wrote: »
    What was Ray Darcy saying?

Check the thread here Kelly1.

Going onc about photographers taking photos of the runners.
    Great shots by PW and the guys all the same.

I am sure the majority of people love to see their photo in print.

Advertisement