Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Hospitals

Options
  • 06-06-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private
    Is it just Private and Semi Private accomodation in the above hospitals.
    If this is so then it looks like you need Vhi "Plan D" or Aviva "we Plan Level 4". ??

High-tech hospitals
    Full cover in a semi-private room. High-tech hospitals Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private & Beacon Hospital!!!!!!!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I've never been in the Blackrock Clinic but I've spent some time in and out of the Mater Private. I've only ever seen private and semi-private rooms there. I would be surprised if they had anything that they'd define as "less" than semi-private.

When I started going to the Mater Private, I was covered by my parents and I'm pretty sure they were on some variant of VHI Plan C. If I remember correctly, my outpatient treatment was covered but they had to pay a top-up for the inpatient stuff. I think it was "Plan C Option" which doesn't appear to exist anymore.

Give the various companies a ring. Any time I've been on the phone to VHI they've been helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Some of the mainstream plans (e.g. Plan B, Essential Plus, Level 2) will fully cover certain types of heart surgeries and any type of day-case treatment in hi-tech hospitals. This includes out-patient chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

Also, most plans will pay a contribution towards the cost of in-patient treatment (i.e. in hospital for one or more nights), though the shortfall that you have to pay yourself could be hundreds per night.

Koura, what plan do you have? There are very few treatments, if any at all, that can only be carried out in a hi-tech hospital so if it is a case you're not fully covered, have you checked if other private hospitals can carry out the treatment?

Advertisement