Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scumbag dress code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

xxVickyxx wrote: »
    They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum..

sorry but thats called experiance. try working in a corner shop for a week or two and you will think twice before putting on a tracksuit again.

in fairness though its not all tracksuit wearing people, just some seem to look dodgy. if they came in with a suit on it would make you think "defendant"

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

cruiser178 wrote: »
    scanger fashion at its best/worst,depending if your a scanger or not
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3639/pimpcanesmedium.jpg

Oh Gawd.... that's Limerick...

Shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 xxVickyxx

MediumWell wrote: »
    Right or wrong, people will always judge a book by its cover, it's not just an Irish attitude.

I know what your saying. But (I find) Irish people are 'extra quick' to judge/categorise people in tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

bazmaiden wrote: »
    I remember in college reading about some pyschologist in the 80's who coined the phrase "the sh*t-suit" for those people wearing a full tracksuit, as he believed it was the uniform of the social welfare sponging population.

He and also explained that these people would eventually become so lazy that they would revert to just wearing their bedclothes all day and night.

Some hindsight

Foresight surely? Unless they wore pajamas outside in the 80's too!? I was too young then to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I don't know who is worse the scumbags themselves or the people who think whoever wears a tracksuit is a scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know what your saying. But (I find) Irish people are 'extra quick' to judge/categorise people in tracksuits.
    This is AH.
    It's all about 'oh how much better am I than tracksuit wearer/fatty/non-college/virgin/metal head/women/men/insert any group of people here etc.'

Ours not to wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I find every nationality the same. Each to their own opinion i guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

In Scotland a "jobby" = a Shít. So over there they call trackies with the elastics "jobby catchers"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I loves me nikey trackies so I does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

In Scotland a "jobby" = a Shít. So over there they call trackies with the elastics "jobby catchers"

Tis true, they are...tracky bottoms with the elasticated ankles look particularly awful in fairness tho - even athletes don't wear them, there is no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I wear tracksuits all the time (dont even own a pair of jeans or other types of clothes), I find them comfortable, dont care what people think, ohh I'm far from a scumbag :rolleyes::D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Coz der da style ked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

now it's bermuda shorts, with white socks pulled up and nike runners. I hate these underclasses, I wish we could gas them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I hate the way scumbag's get stereotyped with tracksuits.

I wear tracksuits most of the time, so that makes me a scumbag...?

I've walked down the road with my hood up aswell. That's also because you lose 60% of your body heat through your head, so believe it or not it keeps you warm.

I find tracksuits much more comfortable than my jeans and other types of clothing. I love just walking around in my 'miles too big for me' hoodie.

Doyler92 wrote: »

I've walked down the road with my hood up aswell. That's also because you lose 60% of your body heat through your head, so believe it or not it keeps you warm.

I find tracksuits much more comfortable than my jeans and other types of clothing. I love just walking around in my 'miles too big for me' hoodie.

yes, seriously, stop wearing tracksuits in public, it's just impolite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

shtory doyler, wise words brother, wise words.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I wear these as often as I can. Most comfortable items of clothing I own.

I wear these as often as I can. Most comfortable items of clothing I own.

You'd never guess that, given your location...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The tracksuit doesn't seem to be as common here in England. Underclass boys walk about with their jeans hanging as low as possibile without exposing too much of the buttocks. In fact I saw one poor twerp whose trousers fell right down in the middle of a busy street because he was wearing them so low and so loose. Pull them up, you nerk! You look ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Daily Wear:

Tracky bottoms, tucked into socks, runners, sports top, thick link gold chain, fringe forward.

Good Wear:

Light blue / white jeans, white socks, suede shoes, check ben sherman shirt, lacoste jumper, thick link gold chain, fringe forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Horse_box wrote: »

My eyes! My eyes!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Dont forget the scumbag walk must compliment the scumbag clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not all track suit wearers(?) are scumbags but all scumbags wear tracksuits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nothing is funnier than seeing a scumbag with his tracksuit tucked into white socks. Makes me burst out laughing every time. :pac:

I bet you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively...............he is studying philosophy

That's a knobtastic occupation that does not redeem his case one iota !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

grizzly wrote: »
    Speaking of canes – are crutches part of scumbag fashion? It seems that 5% of the lads use them. Is it considered "street" to have one or is from hitting the wrong vein/punishment beating thing?
    I've heard a bit about this from a friend in social services. It's something to do with their claiming of disability benefit and the crutches are part of a scam. Thought she was winding me up but she was dead serious and she say's she is seeing more and more of it due to normal social welfare benefit being cut.

a lot of junkies are on crutches, im not sure why, maybe it's walking in front of luases (luii??) when out of it, or banging up into your legs cripples you who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/dec/17/medicalresearch-humanbehaviour

A US army survival manual from 1970 strongly recommended covering the head when it is cold, since "40 to 45 percent of body heat" is lost from the head.

Rachel Vreeman and Aaron Carroll, at the centre for health policy at Indiana University in Indianapolis, rubbish the claim in the British Medical Journal this week [2008]. If this were true, they say, humans would be just as cold if they went without a hat as if they went without trousers. "Patently, this is just not the case," they write.

The myth is thought to have arisen through a flawed interpretation of a vaguely scientific experiment by the US military in the 1950s. In those studies, volunteers were dressed in Arctic survival suits and exposed to bitterly cold conditions. Because it was the only part of their bodies left uncovered, most of their heat was lost through their heads.

Advertisement