Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Fibre Powered BB 5mbs

• 06-06-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

I've had a search through threads but can't find the answer to this (it's probably there somewhere though). I have the above BB, the basic package from UPC and speeds are great (compared to Eircom anyway). The package has a download limit of 40gbs - does anyone know how/if this is enforced? I've seen plenty of discussion here about the AUP on the unlimited packages but nothing about the limit on the basic package.
    okedoke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

okedoke wrote: »
    I've had a search through threads but can't find the answer to this (it's probably there somewhere though). I have the above BB, the basic package from UPC and speeds are great (compared to Eircom anyway). The package has a download limit of 40gbs - does anyone know how/if this is enforced? I've seen plenty of discussion here about the AUP on the unlimited packages but nothing about the limit on the basic package.
    okedoke

As far as I can make out UPC are somewhat flexible 250gb fair usage on the higher packs but if you go a bit over one month they don't seem to mind.

On your pack your limit is 40gig usage that is up and down.
    I am sure if you hit say 50 one month they would not mind.
    However if you keep on going over the stated usage UPC can put you onto a higher pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Thanks Ranicand - It seems from other threads that they warn you before moving you to a higher tarriff, do you know if that's the case?

okedoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

okedoke wrote: »
    Thanks Ranicand - It seems from other threads that they warn you before moving you to a higher tarriff, do you know if that's the case?

okedoke

Yes you get a waning about your usage first.

Thanks Ranican

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

I'm pretty sure it's a cap on total traffic - not just downloading.

• Advertisement

Is there any simple way of measuring how much you've downloaded/uploaded?

Advertisement