Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish my sentences please!!!

Options
  • 06-06-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've been reading through the threads in this topic and one thing I'm really surprised about it that people here seem to agree that you should never finish a stammerers sentences??

I love when people do this!! Particularly when the word is completely obvious, for example in a restaurant

"i'll have the vegetable sss ssss soooo soooou sssouuuuuuu"

**waiter and person I'm with stare at me blankly**

for the love of GOD just put me out of my misery :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

It's funny that you create a post about this, I was only thinking about this the other day. Normally I hate people finishing my sentences, it makes me feel so crappy. Last week I was telling someone where I live and I had a major block on one of the words, my wife was with me and I just looked at her while I was blocking, it felt like the block was lasting forever but in reality probably 10-15secs, that was the only time ever I wanted someone to finish my sentence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stefinitely

God I hate that! And you're freaking out so you stammer more, so you freak out more!

My friends and family have always just said the word i'm blocking on if they know it! although it does get annoying though if they keep getting the word wrong - multiple times!

my boyfriend prefers to make up ridiculous words that he 'thinks' i'm trying to say :mad:. A unique approach.

Advertisement