Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janelle Monae - The Archandroid

Options
  • 06-06-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Any other fans here? Been listening to this album about a month, and I can't get enough of it. Reminds me of Outkast at their best, with it's futuristic sound, transcending genres, but it's arranged like a symphony. It brings you all sorts of places, with all sorts of sounds. It's already one of my all time favourite albums. Well worth checking out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Its stunning. Two friends of mine recommended it to me and I was blown away by the quality of her take on every genre under the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Knew I remembered her name from somewhere. She's on a song called "Be Still" on Big Boi's new album so there's the Outkast link for you. Absolute cracker of a song. wil definitely look into some of her other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

no disrespect to janelle monrae but i wish outkast would just get back together properly and bring out a new album instead of solo projects and helping other artists

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They've been recording tracks seperately for the last two Outkast albums.

Speakerboxxx/Love Below was two solo albums released as a double album, and I believe Idlewild was mostly recorded seperately.

Incidentally, Idlewild's where I first heard of Janelle Monae. She's on two or three songs on it.

Advertisement