Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting headings

Options
  • 06-06-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

In Q1, is it important to have selling and distrubution expenses and Admin expenses, or can you just lump it all into expenses, and then have operating income after?

Or would I lose marks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Ashashi wrote: »
    In Q1, is it important to have selling and distrubution expenses and Admin expenses, or can you just lump it all into expenses, and then have operating income after?

Or would I lose marks?

You definitely have to split the expenses up or you will lose marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

bollocks, didn't even realise that until read the exam brief just there. Are you 100% sure, and if so, how many marks would you lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Ashashi wrote: »
    bollocks, didn't even realise that until read the exam brief just there. Are you 100% sure, and if so, how many marks would you lose?

I'm 100% sure you have to split them. It's not that big a deal really. As for marks, I think it depends on the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Well I looked at the marking scheme, and it doesn't mention anything, but does show a mark for the title of the question, so I wouldn't think it makes a difference. Plus it is about the figures anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm also 100% sure that you have to split them up. You will lose marks if you don't. It's not that hard to do really - anything to do with selling goods is s&d - that includes things like advertising and discount, and also depr of vans (vans deliver the goods that you sell etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

TBH, you do have to split them up, but if you put one in the wrong place, they wont kill you. Unless its obvious, like Dep on D.Vans, and Directors exp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

You don't get marks for having them right, but you LOSE marks for getting them wrong, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

usually you lose one mark per heading

Advertisement