Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent for under six months?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Will be going on a working holiday visa next year and was wondering has anyone rented a place for 3 months,and has anyone had trouble getting your full bond back at the end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You'd have to house share or use a short term let / corporate let. No agent would touch that based on past experience. The changeover/transaction costs are too much. For corporate lets there should be no bond. For house-shares it will be with your house mates so it depends on those individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Just got a place in Perth for 3 months, near wellington sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

ballooba wrote: »
    For corporate lets there should be no bond.

In my experience of corporate/short lets there is a bond/deposit. The company holds onto it until after you have left and they have done an inspection.
    Corporate/short lets are also much more expensive than if renting normally with a longer lease.

OP, I don't think you'll have much luck letting a normal place for such a short period of time. Most places here are unfurnished i.e. nothing except a kitchen, maybe a dishwasher & dryer, but absolutely nothing else.

Advertisement