Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running out of time

Options
  • 06-06-2010 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ok so i havnt done much work in the past 2 years in school, il admit that.
    and i have tried to study but i canno seem to do it.
    help.
    do not say how i shouldnt be so stupid and stuff.
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Just sit down and learn the key things for each subject, as in the things that are guaranteed to play a big part on the paper.
    For example for biology at this stage focus on photosynthesis, respiration, and genetics.
    For your languages, learn a couple of useful all-purpose phrases which you can throw into any written piece
    For history focus on the case studies
    etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

^Yeah thats about all you can do at this stage. But just relax and roll with it, at this stage you just gotta laugh about it, whatever happens happens and either way we'll be having a monster piss-up when it's all over so this will all be forgotten about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

In a similar situation myself. I regret it and all but all I can do is prepare for the paper and focus on the key things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Plain and simple,

DO NOT LEARN OFF PAGES AND PAGES OF STUFF!!!!!!!

At this stage, get some cue cards (or half an a4 sheet) and write down all the important things you need to know for a certain topice, eg King lear. On one side of the cue card write down all the major themes and issues, and on the other write down all the characters and what there role in theplay is, and maybe what there pivotal moment in the play is.

Then, when you have all your stuff you want to write down on the cue card, write it out twice, and while you are writing it, say it outload to yourself. It sounds thinck, but it does work.

If you do that for every subject today, then you have the next 2 weeks to just go over them. At this stage I haven't actually looked at a book in the past 2 weeks, just cue cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

ah sure it's only the Leaving Cert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This thread title scares me.....

Advertisement