Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Assistant courses in Dublin

Options
  • 06-06-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to begin studying a veterinary assistant course this year (as a mature student), and was wondering if anyone could suggest some places where i could do this? I know Killester College of further education offers a 1 yr course but i've missed enrolment for this year..

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I teach on the Killester one, ours is the only Veterinary Assistant course in Dublin. The nearest one after Killester is Bray but that course is 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I did the one in Bray and i wouldnt recommend it. Dont know if i can go into to much details so Pm me if you want more info. Would you consider doing vet nursing in UCD instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I teach on the Killester one, ours is the only Veterinary Assistant course in Dublin. The nearest one after Killester is Bray but that course is 2 years.

Thanks Clare Bear. I'm going to check with Killester to see if there's any places left for the september 2010 course.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

kazza90210 wrote: »
    I did the one in Bray and i wouldnt recommend it. Dont know if i can go into to much details so Pm me if you want more info. Would you consider doing vet nursing in UCD instead?

Thanks a lot Kazza, i'm going to stick with Killester. If the course was shorter and UCD was closer to where i live, i would consider vet nursing. ;)

Advertisement