Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Predictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    thought Lit Genre was a dead ringer this year? :eek: I was only gona do GV and View and LGenre- should i learn cul context too???????? :confused::confused::confused:
    they are the only 2 that our class studied.
    Im bankin on LG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

thought Lit Genre was a dead ringer this year? :eek: I was only gona do GV and View and LGenre- should i learn cul context too???????? :confused::confused::confused:
    Two have to come up so if you study two...one will definitely appear on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

They literally always ask personal response, they just word it in different ways.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DnBMoloney24

The patterns in the previous exams point directly at G.V.V and Literary Genre. Despite the fact they don't have to follow the patterns, you'll be fine with G.V.V & L.G covered. Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

im doing so little for English 2

gv+vp boland and lear.... thats it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

I did:

Poets: Boland, Longley, Kavanagh
    Comparative: LG, GVV
    Lear: Imagery, Suffering, Self Knowledge, Lear(More sinned against then sinning) and Love

I hope thats enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Poets: Boland and Longley
    Compartative: LG and VV
    Lear: Nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

J.D.R wrote: »
    Right, for paper 1 I'm grand, but I have mixed feeling about whats gonna come up for paper 2.

Lear - Can;t really predict, but I know the characters and issues etc so I am pretty sorted

Comparativ - Gen V&V in my opinion, aswell as maybe Cultural Context

Poetry 0 This is where my mixed feelings come on. I have focused mainly on Boland, with a bit of Yeats as a back up, but I have a bad feeling that they are going to be scaby and choose rich and kavanagh. Is this just my bad feelings, or have I thrown away 30 marks(I can BS my way to get at least 20 marks on kavanagh if he comes up)?

Every year atleast one Female poet comes up, so i studied both Boland and Rich well, so im all set on this one, muohahahaaaa

Mwah wrote: »
    im doing so little for English 2

gv+vp boland and lear.... thats it :P

God bless ya :D

i know ha, if boland and gv+vp dont come up i think ill just do lear and leave :P
    but its what most people i know are doing so im not the only one!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DnBMoloney24

PowerTaxi wrote: »
    I did:

Poets: Boland, Longley, Kavanagh
    Comparative: LG, GVV
    Lear: Imagery, Suffering, Self Knowledge, Lear(More sinned against then sinning) and Love

I hope thats enough.

Did basically the exact same. For Lear I did Love as a redemptive force, Sinners & Saints and contrast in characters. Do you reckon we'll be alright for the poetry with just them 3 done?

Oh yes indeed, i think if u kno VV and CC u all good and set, cuz ur defineatly will have a choice between these two, and they quite easy, i never did LG, i heard its harder and more complicated than VV and CC, so i just stick with em two, yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

FyeaG wrote: »
    Every year atleast one Female poet comes up, so i studied both Boland and Rich well, so im all set on this one, muohahahaaaa

my teacher reckons they might break this trend this year .. :eek:
    so i would study Yeats as well if i were you ..

but i would love to see either of the women come up ..
    i know them the best!:D
    Yeats is my back-up

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

Do you reckon we'll be alright for the poetry with just them 3 done?

Should be. I'm gonna throw a quick glance over Rich tomorrow, just in case.

curlypops wrote: »
    my teacher reckons they might break this trend this year .. :eek:
    so i would study Yeats as well if i were you ..

but i would love to see either of the women come up ..
    i know them the best!:D
    Yeats is my back-up

Well thats what my teatcher told me, that always atleast one Female poet comes up, but if there would be only Males this year, im literally f'ed up, totaly, still i kno where my english teatcher lives, i would set her house on fire over next day, so one way or other, i still get some satisfaction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Poets: I did 4, because I thought that would be a safe number? (7 poets in the book, 4 comes up every year) Longley, Kavangh, Boland & Walcott(though he is unlikely to come up).

Comparative: CC & GVVP because I hate LG.

Lear: Er... I'm hoping for the best.

Well thats what my teatcher told me, that always atleast one Female poet comes up, but if there would be only Males this year, im literally f'ed up, totaly, still i kno where my english teatcher lives, i would set her house on fire over next day, so one way or other, i still get some satisfaction :D

hey now! no need to get violent .. :D

i agree with you - a female poet better come up
    but my english teacher is pretty good at predicting so i would take her seriously if she said something like that.

i got yeats as my back-up but hopefully i wont need to use him! ;)

hey now! no need to get violent .. :D

i agree with you - a female poet better come up
    but my english teacher is pretty good at predicting so i would take her seriously if she said something like that.

i got yeats as my back-up but hopefully i wont need to use him! ;)

Well the two Female poets Boland and Rich was the only ones i did, i should did somethin extra, by my own, but, oh well :D

Well the two Female poets Boland and Rich was the only ones i did, i should did somethin extra, by my own, but, oh well :D

yeah i know ..
    it a bit last minute to start someone else ..

lets all pray for a woman in that case! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anyone else totally f*cked for Lear :(

• Advertisement

yeah i know ..
    it a bit last minute to start someone else ..

lets all pray for a woman in that case! :p

Well in case, Good Luck to y'all, best wishes from FyeaG and god bless the teatchers if they lied, amen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aggiefitz

:D:Dokay this is my view on things..i hope yeee guys can help me out..my teacher has been the worst case of an english teacher in the history of our school..so im banking on myself to hopefully get a good enough grade
    ...in my one day of english studying ive come to the conclusion that im officially screwd..in comparative im hoping on general vision and viewpoint...but i think that cultural context is quite the same...i mean in both all your doin is talking about the texts and adding either vision and viewpoint or cultural context into your essay here and there..what do yee think??
    secondly the poets im hoping Boland comes up...from my ''''intense research''..:D..putiing in quotes for a reason..ha i found that Rich has come up in the last 2 years..so if there either goin for the lucky 3 in a row i dont think they ll put it up again..and finally the dreaded King Lear..as yee guys said I also think if you learn the characters you ll be able to put it in to any answer if you stop and think..but guys if your like me...you learn summit the nyt b4 and hoping it ll stay in for the 3hour exam...:eek::eek:

so guys help...give me advise...i really want yer opinion...we re all in this together...if ya cant join em beat em!!!!!:D:D:p:p:o

WE CAN DO IT!!!!XXX:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aggiefitz

I am ...oh god...im f**ked in every subject...xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

H2student wrote: »
    Poets: I did 4, because I thought that would be a safe number? (7 poets in the book, 4 comes up every year) Longley, Kavangh, Boland & Walcott(though he is unlikely to come up).

Comparative: CC & GVVP because I hate LG.

Lear: Er... I'm hoping for the best.

There are eight poets on the course , not seven, so you're only really safe doing five .....at the very worst you'll be able to do one out of the four on the paper (that is if the other three were ones you didn't do in class or study at home.....unlikely that you'd be that unlucky....but still!)

Know the two female poets at least....though they don't have to put a female poet or an Irish poet on the paper - they can do whatever they want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I really hope they don't decide to "break the trend" the year that CAO applicants have gone up 10% or whatever it is. Give us a break!

ciano1 wrote: »
    Anyone else totally f*cked for Lear :(
    I am brother.

A well, just turn the bull**** lever to "max".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

RH149 wrote: »
    There are eight poets on the course , not seven, so you're only really safe doing five .....at the very worst you'll be able to do one out of the four on the paper (that is if the other three were ones you didn't do in class or study at home.....unlikely that you'd be that unlucky....but still!)

Know the two female poets at least....though they don't have to put a female poet or an Irish poet on the paper - they can do whatever they want!

Study 5, what! There's no need for that. They don't have to put the Irish poet and female poet in, but they do so it's worth covering your ass for them and only them. I for one only studied one Irish and one female, based on the patterns of the preceding years. Kavanagh unfortunately did not show but Plath did. 2 is a bit dodgy, but I had no time. Got an A1 and 50/50 on Plath in the end. No need to kill yourself covering 5 poems either, I only did 4. Quality, not quantity.

think id be grand with just boland? or would it be safe to cover rich or yeats as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I remember someone telling me something about the female poet being on for sake of gender equality....

• Advertisement

Well there were no female poets on last year because of the paper mix up so I've a feeling there will be two this year - so hopefully I'm covered as I only really know Boland, plus Longley who better be on it or I'll kick his bearded ass.

Advertisement