Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History of Delwood, Brompton, Glenville etc ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Coincidence I doubt it.

Some can be man made though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I used the old maps before and this site is great for it. What I also noticed was that places that I have seen local flooding in say Hartstown or Ongar/Littleplace there were Ponds there in the past.

Not sure if its a coincidence or just there is something behind it but its something I have noticed. Yes I am a geek.:o

allot of flooding spots are related to water locations.

The N3 floods due to the Tolka floodplain.
    The Blackcourt road flood between Edgewood and Brookhaven at the dip because underground there is a stream that leads in to the Tolka.

t050ut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Well you should see the vision that Fingal County Council have planned for Blanch village, the phrase "concrete and glass canyon" springs to mind. Five storey buildings with retail units at street level and apartments above. It's going to be a replica of Tyrrelstown Village.

What is with these so called town planners:eek:

Oh, that would be horrible. They should leave the village as it is and just tweak it here & there. Tyrrelstown village is OK for a modern, newly built place but the likes would be an insult to a village like Blanchardstown that has lots of history attached to it. :mad:

Advertisement