Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rad plumbing question

• 06-06-2010 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I'm just starting the central heating plumbing in our extension and was wondering how much of a margin over and above the size of the rad should i allow for the pipes coming up from the floor? eg. if I have a 4 foot rad how many inches/mm should i give extra on both sides of the rad for the pipes:confused:
    I realize its probably a strange question with a simple answer. I don't have rads yet as u may have guessed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

25mm each side was what i was thought for valves so if the rad is 4ft that equates to 1200 rad and 50mm for both valves wich means 1250 you also need to come out 15mm for a single panel and 25mm for a double panel if coming from the floor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Add 80mm for ordinary rad valves, 90mm if using a TRV, consult manf. brohure for distance from wall

Advertisement