Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Flat Screen Monitors

• 06-06-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

In a world where everyone want's larger :D I'm looking for a source for two 15" or smaller (Preferably) TFT flat screen monitors for a particular project.

New preferably but would consider secondhand if had to.

Found two sources for exactly the same 15" monitor (unbranded) one site is claiming that they are all refurbished & the other that they are all new????

As they seem to be rare now I'd be a little skeptical as to them being new?

Anyone know of a source?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

see for sale www.adverts.ie computer hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ricman wrote: »
    see for sale www.adverts.ie computer hardware.

I've already been there & only saw one 15" monitor there?

I need two & they must be the same. And if at all possible, black.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

gumtree.ie, or ebay.ie .

gumtree.ie, or ebay.ie .

Thanks ricman but I've tried those too ;)

I wouldn't normally post for something like this if I hadn't tried the run of the mill methods of tracking them down myself first.

These are not easily got now it would seem?

Probably all in the attic like the drawers in many homes which contain 20 unused mobile phones :D

-

try electronic recycling finglas ,
    see http://www.electronic-recycling.ie/contact_us.html
    they recycle pcs, monitors etc or the council bring centres have pc bring centres with hundreds of monitors.They might let you take 2 if you have a specific reason eg art project.

• Advertisement

try electronic recycling finglas ,
    see http://www.electronic-recycling.ie/contact_us.html
    they recycle pcs, monitors etc or the council bring centres have pc bring centres with hundreds of monitors.They might let you take 2 if you have a specific reason eg art project.
    when i was in finglas they had hundreds of monitors.

Appreciate your thoughts richman but I will exhaust all efforts to locate them new first.

Cheers :)

electronic recycling sell working pcs and lcd monitors to the public or other business,s ,as they recieve stuff from firms thats working ok, replaced by faster pcs.
    i think they also fix old pcs and give em to charitys etc
    you can just go there and buy a single monitor or pc for 50e as a private individual.They get stuff from company a and sell it to other companys or give it to schools.Or sell it to individuals.

theres a market on malborough st dublin 1, off parnell st nth,saturdays 8am till 12noon, theres always people there selling pcs, lcds, monitors pentuim 4 pcs etc Theres a woman on the left always sells pcs tvs, lcd 15inch screens from a van.They earlier you go the better as some sellers leave at 10.30, or when they sell x amount of items.SHE usually has at least 5 pc s plus lcds for sale at least.14/15inch in size. pc plus screen 120 approx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Just curious now but why do you want one?

Don't know where you've been looking but this is loaded with them.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=15"+lcd

wolfric wrote: »

Don't know where you've been looking but this is loaded with them.

http://www.google.com/search?q=15"+lcd

monitors15.jpg

Certainly wouldn't consider buying from the states or Paying that price for them either ;)

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Products isn't the only place to search and second you'd have to. You pay more if a product isn't produced any more or produced in very small quantities. The standard now is 19" or the odd 17".

cash convertors sell monitors ,theres a branch in moore st.ALSO swords and thomas st.
    and theres shops that sell older second hand pcs and lcds ,theres one on lr dorset st, or the start of drumcondra road.

Advertisement