Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone calls from USA to England

Options
  • 06-06-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am Irish resident who spends a lot of time in USA. My children live in England. I am getting crucified by my mobile operator (vodafone) even when I use a skytel card. I dont have wifi in USA. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Skype?

I don't completely understand your question though, you live in Ireland and use your mobile to ring England when you visit the U.S? Why not at least use a landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 univer

I don't have a landline nor do I have ready access to one. I was wondering about a Skype mobile though??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Why not get either a UK or US based phone?
    Check the rates both ways, you should be able to reduce the costs pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

univer wrote: »
    I don't have a landline nor do I have ready access to one. I was wondering about a Skype mobile though??

Skype mobile will use your data allowance, which will probably be 10 times more expensive than any calls.

A local phone, with a local data plan and Skype may be a better option.

Advertisement