Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre buzzing

• 06-06-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭

I have to say, the city centre was full of people shopping, walking around and sunning themselves today. It's a testament to the great work that has been done to create attractive pedestrian areas, parks and other amenities. With the market yesterday in JR square and Salsa dancing today (see photo), with the gig on in the New park, there's been plenty to do. The Bewley's kiosk has really taken off, with plenty of people sitting outside. The park is looking great as well.

With the works going on with Waterford Crystal on the Mall and the remedial works in Cathedral sq. to fix the houses, Waterford might be about to turn a corner on its overall attractiveness and the quality and quantity of its amenities.

One in the eye for the 'dead square' brigade. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

merlante wrote: »
    I have to say, the city centre was full of people shopping, walking around and sunning themselves today. It's a testament to the great work that has been done to create attractive pedestrian areas, parks and other amenities. With the market yesterday in JR square and Salsa dancing today (see photo), with the gig on in the New park, there's been plenty to do. The Bewley's kiosk has really taken off, with plenty of people sitting outside. The park is looking great as well.

With the works going on with Waterford Crystal on the Mall and the remedial works in Cathedral sq. to fix the houses, Waterford might be about to turn a corner on its overall attractiveness and the quality and quantity of its amenities.

One in the eye for the 'dead square' brigade. :P

Was down there myself today with my Fiance and it was defiantely buzzing!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Buzzin boy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah did very well this weekend, thankfully weather helped! How did Park festival go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah did very well this weekend, thankfully weather helped! How did Park festival go?

Park festival was great music wise - brilliant space - wel set up and organised thanks to City Council, SCC Event Management and Kav for the music organisation-- but unfortunatly shy on people -
    but i think we will try again with a different line up -

few ppl said it felt like being in oz - sunshine - beer on tap on the street, food -good music!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

foxylad2 wrote: »
    Park festival was great music wise - brilliant space - wel set up and organised thanks to City Council, SCC Event Management and Kav for the music organisation-- but unfortunatly shy on people -

few ppl said it felt like being in oz - sunshine - beer on tap on the street, food -good music!

That's a pity!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

foxylad2 wrote: »

Maybe try aiming at a younger age group next time, sure it would sell a lot better then! Just some up and coming acts which would be easy to book, plus if there is a wide variety of acts, the tickets can be more expensive. ;)

Advertisement