Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup in the Pub

• 06-06-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Evening Folks,

Can anyone recommend some good pubs or one in particular for the World Cup , will be in Dublin for the first week of the World Cup and I am in need of a good pub. House I live in isnt sports orientated and I will be going to Holland for the rest of the WC so just need a good pub to tide me over for the start.

Cheers

Mr Chong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Chong wrote: »
    Evening Folks,

Can anyone recommend some good pubs or one in particular for the World Cup , will be in Dublin for the first week of the World Cup and I am in need of a good pub. House I live in isnt sports orientated and I will be going to Holland for the rest of the WC so just need a good pub to tide me over for the start.

Cheers

Mr Chong.

Not from Dublin myself but I hear wonderful things about Copper Face Jacks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

curry-muff wrote: »
    Not from Dublin myself but I hear wonderful things about Copper Face Jacks :P
    :D Maybe after the games lad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Evening Folks,

Cheers

Mr Chong.

Pfft! Barstooler! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Woolshed.

The Living Room.

Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A lot of the 'after-work pubs' in the Dublin 2 area (Leeson St, Harcourt St, Mount St) are pulling out all the stops to get people in for the lunchtime game and then again for the 7oclock game.
    Temple Bar area will probably be decent enough, its also a likely place for any Spanish, Yank, Italian etc fans to go to if they happen to be on holiday here whilst a match is on. It would add to the atmosphere if you could watch with fans from one of the teams.
    Also try the Woolshed for Aussie / New Zealand games.

• Advertisement

Totally forgot about woolshed Des, where is the living room?

Cathal Brugha Street, I've been a few times with a few other lads from the Soccer Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

A
    Temple Bar area will probably be decent enough, its also a likely place for any Spanish, Yank, Italian etc fans to go to if they happen to be on holiday here whilst a match is on. It would add to the atmosphere if you could watch with fans from one of the teams.

And England fans I would say

Is cathal brugha just off o'connell street, posting off phone , apologies I sound retarded and not looking up maps lol

Yes, as you come from O'Connell Bridge it's the last right turn before you get to Parnell Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Des wrote: »
    Yes, as you come from O'Connell Bridge it's the last right turn before you get to Parnell Street

Is that the pub under the car park? used to be a skanger pub?

I thought so dude, beats watching it off the web, don't want to miss any of it, think this is the first time I ain't been home to see it .

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is that the pub under the car park? used to be a skanger pub?
    Yep, can't remember the old name of it though.

Great set up now for barstooling though, about fifty screens in the place and they have all kinds of Arabic and Asian channels of the satellites.

Huge smoking are shared with Fibbers out the back.
    I thought so dude, beats watching it off the web, don't want to miss any of it, think this is the first time I ain't been home to see it .

Send me a text whenever you want man, I'll be around for most of it too.

Yep, can't remember the old name of it though.

Great set up now for barstooling though, about fifty screens in the place and they have all kinds of Arabic and Asian channels of the satellites.

Huge smoking are shared with Fibbers out the back.

Send me a text whenever you want man, I'll be around for most of it too.
    Defo Des will do, hoping to work from home for the first Dutch match against Denmark, as it's on at 12.30 I think.

Defo Des will do, hoping to work from home for the first Dutch match against Denmark, as it's on at 12.30 I think.
    Lads,

I was meant to work from home today to watch the Dutch Match, but I couldnt. Where can I go around Stephens Green, Baggot St to watch the game??

Do NOT go to Sinnotts. Don't even think about it.

Do NOT go to Sinnotts. Don't even think about it.
    Would Dohenys or maybe O'Donoghues have it on?

Why not sinnotts ? :)

Why not sinnotts ? :)

PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Wool Shed is always my recommendation for watching televised sporting events.

Good friendly atmosphere in the place and lots of nationalities. Cheap drink and decent food.

Lots of tellies and two massive wall projections.

The only problem is their air-con is crap and the place gets quite hot when full.

Headed in to Doheny and Nesbits, grand place to watch the game.

And the result I wanted :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement