Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass Irish- Help :(

Options
  • 06-06-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey, i decided to take the pass irish paper. I dont know much about it, is it much easier than honors? Besides the difference in the work load. And how dificult is it to achieve an A in, or at least a B1, i was a C student in honors(id take honors but i just really dont feel like concentrating on it). tá nís mo béim ar cac sa ardleibheal:mad: What length should i be writing for questions and what topics should i study for paper 1? to be honest i kind of want an A:( i do 5 honors subjects and irish will be my second pass subject

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

pass so much easlier......answers are much shorter then honours ones....paper 1 would be very easy for a student who jus dropped from pass. paper 2 only counts for something like 18% of the overall exam so u cud defo get an A. the essay titles wud be very easy for u......things like last summer and a road accidnt come up on paper 1. and the questions about the poems and storys are like themes...characters...did u like/not like etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

lucybrown wrote: »
    paper 2 only counts for something like 18% of the overall exam so u cud defo get an A.
    Seriously?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

yep!! to be honest i doubt u wud even really need to study it...like u cud concentrate way more on ur other subjects and do a lil on irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's pretty simple compared to honours, couldn't believe the difference. Paper 1 is just comprehensions, a scéal and a letter. Then you'll be sorted for Paper2 if you know the 5 poems and 5 stories. In the mocks I did nearly every single question on both papers because I had so much time. The listening is fine too basically just places, times and money amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

eave out a story if u want for pass irish!

ive been doin it since the start of sixth year. you must do all the pass poems as one will be compulsory but theres always a choice in the stories! im leavin out lig sin i gcathú...

hope that helps... and seriously..dont feel like u need to learn all the stories...remember the word grá for the poems...easpa gra, tir gra, gra samhrahd, gra ait duchais... obviously higher level ill mean uv better vocab..our teacher says keep stuff short and sweet if u r prone to grammer mistakes...

*i was too lazy to continue putting fadas on my vowels :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement