Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fracas on Market day?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Heard about this too, although I heard someone was going around with a chainsaw and that someone was killed which I highly doubt is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Heard myself it was a row between travellers and Romanians.

Seemingly they were going at it with metal bars which support the stalls and almost anything they could find to use.

The A&E in Naas general Hospital was not the place to be on that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

saw some of this going on alright. they were beating one another with hurls and bars. one guy even drove his van into another van.
    it was crazy stuff, didnt see the garda get hurt. not so sure there were foreign nationals involved either!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

bunch of owl gossipers....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pauly

Cover story on today's Kildare Post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

I was up around the market today. Heavy Garda presence around most of the morning and one trader saying garda were doing checkpoints.
    I seen myself a van being searched outside Garda station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Obaraten wrote: »

"Some stall holders have been coming to the market for well over 30 years and there have never been any incidents," the Garda said, "It's just a select few ruining it."

Linky http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/Traveller-feud-explodes-during-Kildare.6348832.jp

Thats crap for a start.

Both this market and Athy market on Tuesdays, have been plagued with trouble in the last 10 years at least. I have first hand experience of this kind of carry on in Carlow, Kildare and Athy stretching back as far as 1987!

I didn't witness this particular event, but it doesn't preclude me from claiming that it has been a reasonably annual episode for many many years on markets in the Kildare/Carlow/Kilkenny region.

Sad to see that its still happening.

Advertisement