Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hauck Apollo Travel System

Options
  • 06-06-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

This is my first post, so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

My wife is due our first baby in October and we have been driving ourselves mental looking at travel systems. We like the look of the Hauck Apollo but we don't want to buy online without looking at it first.

http://www.bambinodirect.co.uk/details2.asp/ProductID/1887/sid/hauck-apollo-rs.html

We have emailed Hauck and there is one stockist in Ireland who supply all stores but we can't get in touch with him.

Does anyone know a shop that stock this (we are in Dublin, but willing to travel). Or does anyone have any experience with it and have any feedback on it.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

We have a hauck travel system. Not the same one as that. It's "Jeep" branded. Bought it online and we've had it since baby number 2 and it's still working fine for number 3. Really decent piece of kit. Well engineered. Sturdy. Couldn't fault it to be honest.

We did go to look at it in eurobabies. Would have bought it there too but the price differential was just too big.

edit: Had a closer look at your one. I noticed that it doesn't have inflatable tyres at the rear. Our one does and I find them a big plus. Keeps baby from being jostled around too much when you hit bumpy patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mos22

Thanks for that.

We were in Eurobabies on the Longmile Road but didn't see them there, we will have another look next time we are up that way.

We never thought about tyres, that's one more thing to be confused about now !

The main reason we like the Apollo is that the car seat fits with the Hauck Isofix base. Just out of curiosity, does the Jeep one go with the Isofix or is it attached with a seat belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

mos22 wrote: »
    does the Jeep one go with the Isofix or is it attached with a seat belt.

Not sure what isofix is so I guess that answers that. :) Yeah, the one we have is seat belt attached.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would highly recommend pneumatic tyres especially if you plan on bringing the baba for long walks.
    Non pneumatic tyres are fine for shopping centres ,trips to the shops etc but are awful for the beach or country roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Sorry for hijacking thread but baby due in october and we are trying to decide on travel systems and have narrowed it down to the followin

silvercross 3d
    hauck apollo
    hauck condour

due to budget its the best 3 we can find - can somebody advise on what one is the best out of the 3 or give reviews on them - Need to start getting a few things sorted -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mos22

Hi Brainz,

I can't help much with the travel systems, as we are pretty much in the same boat. We did try the silvercross one in Mothercare and it felt very heavy, my wife found it hard to lift.

I just saw that Smyths Toy Shop are now stocking the Hauck Condor. We are going to go down tomorrow to have a look at it to check out the quality as we like the Apollo as it fits with the Hauck Isofix.

Have a look at Kiddicare.com, there are a few reviews for the Condor and it seems a good price.

Sorry not to be much help, but good luck with your search !

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Mos22 -- be careful of checking buggys in smyths!! I made this mistake a few moths ago when I was looking at travel systems for my first child.

They don't keep the buggys very well, and as a result a lot of them are stiff and hard to push. This doesn't really give you an accurate portrayal of what the system is actually like.

I tried out a few Gracos in Smyths and swore they were the worst buggys ever. I did NOT Want a Graco. Ended up getting the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe in mothercare and it's a brilliant buggy...Smyths just trashed their model.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

decided to go for the beep by baby elegence looks cool and is very light weight !!

thanks

Advertisement