Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac Results 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Coggeh

looksee wrote: »
    You can appeal you know, with merits and distinctions there must have been something strange going on to fail one. Did you expect to fail it, was there a reason? If you were expecting to pass you should consider appealing.
    I was 2 weeks late with the assignment for it and got docked 30% from it so i knew it was touch and go . Do you know if i can go on to do level 6? or do i have to repeat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Im not too sure try the Fetac website... I have applied to GMIT Letterfrack for Design and Technology Education, have anyone else applied for this?? I havnt recieved my Fetac results either yet...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gnilhsa

i got my results 2day! got 7 distinctions in nursing studies!

does any1know what 5modules in this course need distinctions to be in with a chance of getting a place in a nursing degree!?

congratulations to all who got ther results!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Coggeh wrote: »
    I was 2 weeks late with the assignment for it and got docked 30% from it so i knew it was touch and go . Do you know if i can go on to do level 6? or do i have to repeat?

You need to enquire in the college, its not something that we can tell you here. You would only have to repeat the one module, but to find out exactly how that would be handled you need to talk to the college.

With a project as late as that the person marking had no choice but to give you nothing for it, but still you had 70% of the marks to work with and you might have been very close, it might be worth asking in the college if they think it is worth appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

got my results yesterday, 9 distinctions in art portfolio preparation. glad to have the offical results so i can forward them to get my offical letter of acceptance from my future art college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 helping hand

I got my results and I got 11 distinctions but I got an unsuccessful in maths but I was not doing the maths module as I have my maths from my LC. But im just wondering if the CAO see my fetac results will they see the maths and say he failed so he hasnt met the requirnments or do they just take my best 8 modules and take my maths from my LC..?? Im really confused could someone help me..???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zlata82

gnilhsa wrote: »
    i got my results 2day! got 7 distinctions in nursing studies!

does any1know what 5modules in this course need distinctions to be in with a chance of getting a place in a nursing degree!?

congratulations to all who got ther results!!!!!

gnilhsa,

The applicant must achieve the minimum of Distinctions (i.e. 80% or greater) in 5 modules, which must include:

D20001 Anatomy and Physiology
    D20012 Introduction to Nursing
    D20032 Human Growth & Development or C20006 Biology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

got my results last week, got enough for my second choice :)! woohoo:p! also i emaid the CAO and they said that first round offers are 4th of august if it helps anyone:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

got the "Statement of results" today for a few level 5 component certs

(I struggle to figure out what component cert means, htey have such a complicated chart, ruining the simple concept of levels 1-8) I'm just going these to add to my CV and not for any particular course so doesn't matter

when do the decorative 'suitable for framing' certs arrive?

I presume there is no ceremony in the college for such a low qualitication and it arrives by post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

I just phoned my college (marino college of further ed) and they told me they have not got any results back from fetac yet. What a joke, its two weeks till the offers come out. I could of done with my results now or a few weeks back to have an idea of what courses i can get.

Have to make plans incase i get certain offers. god dammmit :( lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Results have been issued to the centres by FETAC so they have got them but may not be in a position to release them. Try contacting FETAC by email highlighting taht your centre isnt issuing the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know if there is much point in appealing. I got a Merit in Anatomy and Physiology but was sure I was going to get a Distinction - I worked really hard and know I answered every question it the exam correctly.

Don't get me wrong I am delighted to have a Merit but I need a distinction to go on further.

Any help is appreciated!

Do remember that the exam isnt the only thing that contributes to your final mark. The exam is only worth 60% and 2 assignments are worth 40%. Check out how you ndid on the assignments - you should have got feedback from your tutor. If you did very well and are confident re your exam then contact your tutor and see what they think and if you could see your work. Most tutors, if you are on the borderline, would have brought you up. Your material will still be in the centre so if you wish to see it contact the centre. There are no procedures in place for students to review their material like in the Leaving Certificate but a centre should try and accommodate you.

In terms of an appeal it also depends on where you did your course - in a public or private provider and the terms of the FETAC Quality Assurance procedures. You may be able to appeal both the result and also the process (how the assessment was carried out and managed). PM me if you have any specific queries.

Got my Distinction in IT & Business.

Web Design - Distinction
    Spreadsheets - Distinction
    Database - Distinction
    Work Experience - Distinction
    Customer Services - Distinction
    Business Calculations - Distinction
    Desktop Publishing - Distinction
    Communications - Merit
    Text Production - Merit

Very happy, start of the year leading up to Christmas was pretty handy, didn't do much at all, just learning some of the basics etc, me and a few of the m8's thought it was a walk in the park. Haha, how we were wrong.

Was hectic after Christmas, always had a project to be worked on and then Work Experience for 3 weeks.

Hopefully on to Carlow IT next year to study Software Development :D

Wel i e-mailed fetac they said my college should have sent the results out by now so they said they'd get in contact with my college. Offers are ou in less than 2 weeks now I'l prop have them before my results.

I want to do Creative media in ITT or Film in Dundalk, need about 320 points for each of them. but if id to judge my results honestly id say i will get

Work expierence - Distinction
    Communications - Distinction
    Film and tv production - Distinction
    scriptwriting - Merit
    Media analysis - Merit
    Photography - Pass
    Sound eng - Pass
    Editing for film and TV - Merit

Extra subjects

Art Appre - Merit
    Politics - Merit

that would give me -325. so here's hoping i get something close to these and hopefully a distinction for scriptwriting instead of a merit:)

• Advertisement

Distinction is worth 50 points, Merit 35 and a pass is 15 i think?

OMG i got my results this morning, 7 distinctions a merit and a pass. so i think thats 385 for me should be comfortable enough for CDM in tallaght:) im in shock :O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SaucyB wrote: »
    OMG i got my results this morning, 7 distinctions a merit and a pass. so i think thats 385 for me should be comfortable enough for CDM in tallaght:) im in shock :O
    Good for you. Well done to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thanatos12

Im pretty pleased with myself.
    3 Distinction
    5 Merits

Hopefully be enough to get into college:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NemoisBack

Hey,

I have seen alot of people have got there results!! I did a level 6 computer portfolio course in BIFE. I finished in may and am still waiting to recieve my results! I have contacted the college numerous times and they kept telling me that they havent received the results! I then contacted Fetac which they said the results were available for the colleges on the 8th of July!! This is a joke because my head lecturer said the results would be out at the start of june or so!! Offers are out next week and il probably get them before my results!! any ideas of things i could do to receive them??

Thanks

• Advertisement

Get on to FETAC by email and ask them to ask the centre to release the results. It really looks like some centres cont be bothered with the hassle of releasing the results until August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elaine xx

hi, i did the fetac pre nursing course and got my results back last week. i got 7 distinctions and 3 merits, i worked really hard and wanted to go on to college to do nursing but only got a merit in anatomy and physiology. does this mean i wont be able to go onto college?? if anyone knows id really appreciate it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zlata82

elaine xx wrote: »
    hi, i did the fetac pre nursing course and got my results back last week. i got 7 distinctions and 3 merits, i worked really hard and wanted to go on to college to do nursing but only got a merit in anatomy and physiology. does this mean i wont be able to go onto college?? if anyone knows id really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Hey Elaine,
    Unfortunately in order to get Nursing course in University, distinction in Anatomy & Physiology is a must do......
    Sorry to hear you got a merit, but I think if you are not happy with you result you can try to repeat your exams, I am not sure here......or there is always next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

elaine xx wrote: »

Ask your teacher if its worth appealing, or appeal anyway if you feel you should have done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 formula12

Hi, just wondering did anyone get any offers today from colleges on their fetac results,am waiting and have heard nothing from cao.does that mean that i got no offer?
    Thanks

Hey ye I got an offer from Tipperary Institute and Clonmel.

i got nothing and dont know what to do

formula12 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did anyone get any offers today from colleges on their fetac results,am waiting and have heard nothing from cao.does that mean that i got no offer?
    Thanks
    im waiting aswell but havent got anything yet and theres nothing on the website but my cousin got hers:confused:

did you go on line to cao or did they contact by post. want to go to AIT,but have not heard from anyone else who did my course,so just thinking maybe no one heard.

Oh, well if others got theirs,it,s not looking good!!!

• Advertisement

i checked the website but it's just been saying the same thing since yesterday. i havent got anything in the post yet (it should be due in or around the last half hour). my cousin got hers but she went into the post office and asked for it. maby the letter got lost:confused: (im trying to keep my options open:o)!

Wel cao send me an email saying iv been offered something and i also got a letter in the post offering the courses.

Thanks to ye both,have some little bit of hope now!

No problem, best of luck!:)

Dont worry as FETAC students get offers in either Round Zero or Round 1 (same round as Leaving Cert students). It depends on which scheme you are using to access a course in the CAO list.

Round Zero In early August there may be an issue of a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting 2010 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. graduate entry medicine applicants, mature applicants. (Applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2010) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Yeah I got an offer but thats only because it's an art course (edit: and its one based on portfolio and meeting basic requirements not points). Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

todays offers were very restricted: they were second round for mature students and for schemes like HEAR and non-standard applicants and a few FETAC. Proper big Fetac round is the 23rd so don't be worrying yet!!:cool:

tammyme wrote: »
    todays offers were very restricted: they were second round for mature students and for schemes like HEAR and non-standard applicants and a few FETAC. Proper big Fetac round is the 23rd so don't be worrying yet!!:cool:
    cheers for that post:p! that takes a weight off:o lol! great too hear:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Finally got my results :D

7 Distintions, a merit and a pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 clonagirl

Got my cao offer based on fetac results yesterday!!! Science in UCC, still can't believe it! Best of luck to everyone waiting for offers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

My bf got his results in March from his FETAC course and he sent away his CAO application, we only realised that offers were issued on the 5th, he is freaking out. He applied to IT Tallaght and he did really well in his results but is it all over for him or is their other rounds for him ??

He is probably in the Pilot scheme and their offers come on on 23rd Aug so best of luck to him.

He is probably in the Pilot scheme and their offers come on on 23rd Aug so best of luck to him.
    How do you know if your in the pilot scheme? Is there any way you can find out?

clonagirl wrote: »
    Got my cao offer based on fetac results yesterday!!! Science in UCC, still can't believe it! Best of luck to everyone waiting for offers!:)

Congrats!!! Did you have any level 7 choices down? i got social science in UCC but i'm hoping to get an offer for CIT social care on the 23rd (i think it wld suit my future career choices better!) but i'm afraid if i accept the ucc offer then i won't be able to accept the cit one! and if don't accept it i'll end up with nothing!! lol CAO is a pain in the arse!

Tammyme

Go back and look at the CAO handbook - you can accept an offer and it wont impact on whether or not you will get an another offer in the next round. The CAO wont not give you an offer you are entitled to if you already have one. It doesnt operate that way. You will only get an offer if you are entitled to it ie meet the criteria and if you have listed it higher than a course you have laredy been offered. You can move up not down.

Clarke1991
    Re whether or not you are in the pilot scheme - check out the FETAC guide and its guide to the scheme will give you an idea of what scheme you are likely to be in. http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/learners/hels/hels.htm If it is an Institute of Technology then you are more than likely to be in the pilot scheme and the offers are out on 23rd. Check back with your Guidance Counsellor as they will know more about your application.

• Advertisement

Tammyme

Go back and look at the CAO handbook - you can accept an offer and it wont impact on whether or not you will get an another offer in the next round. The CAO wont not give you an offer you are entitled to if you already have one. It doesnt operate that way. You will only get an offer if you are entitled to it ie meet the criteria and if you have listed it higher than a course you have laredy been offered. You can move up not down.

sorry, i must be asking this the wrong way every time.
    what i mean is: i have a LEVEL 8 offer, if i accept it, but then recieve a LEVEL 7 offer on the 23rd can i change? as in, not moving down my list of prefernces but choosing from the other category as you can get an offer from both levels if you meet the requirements.
    Hmm i'm not really sure of any other way i can rephrase this question if its still confusing!

Clarke1991
    Re whether or not you are in the pilot scheme - check out the FETAC guide and its guide to the scheme will give you an idea of what scheme you are likely to be in. http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/learners/hels/hels.htm If it is an Institute of Technology then you are more than likely to be in the pilot scheme and the offers are out on 23rd. Check back with your Guidance Counsellor as they will know more about your application.
    Thanks alot for that, checked it out and I am waiting to get an offer from an IOT on that list! Great help:D!

Tammyme - From the CAO website - hope this answers your questions

Offer of highest preference
    You will be offered a place in the highest of your course preferences to which you are entitled (if any). This will be done, independently, in respect of Level 8 and Level 7/Level 6 choices.
    You may, therefore, receive two offers at the same time; one for the highest Level 8 preference to which you are entitled and the other for the highest Level 7/Level 6 preference to which you are entitled.

Exclusion from lower preferences
    IMPORTANT: When you have been offered a place in one of your course preferences, you are excluded from further consideration for any course which is lower in your order of preference than the one in which you have been offered a place. This means that while you may subsequently move upwards in your order of preference (if places become available due to withdrawals) you will not be considered for a place in a course which is a lower preference than that already offered.

Later offers for higher preference
    If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place
    becomes available.

This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

Non-acceptance of subsequent offers
    Having accepted an offer of a place, you are not obliged to accept a subsequent offer. You may retain the original offer simply by ignoring the subsequent one

Tammyme - From the CAO website - hope this answers your questions

Offer of highest preference
    You will be offered a place in the highest of your course preferences to which you are entitled (if any). This will be done, independently, in respect of Level 8 and Level 7/Level 6 choices.
    You may, therefore, receive two offers at the same time; one for the highest Level 8 preference to which you are entitled and the other for the highest Level 7/Level 6 preference to which you are entitled.

Exclusion from lower preferences
    IMPORTANT: When you have been offered a place in one of your course preferences, you are excluded from further consideration for any course which is lower in your order of preference than the one in which you have been offered a place. This means that while you may subsequently move upwards in your order of preference (if places become available due to withdrawals) you will not be considered for a place in a course which is a lower preference than that already offered.

Later offers for higher preference
    If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place
    becomes available.

This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

Non-acceptance of subsequent offers
    Having accepted an offer of a place, you are not obliged to accept a subsequent offer. You may retain the original offer simply by ignoring the subsequent one

All sorted now! thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 melmoghra

Post here if your awaiting Fetac results in 2010 and need any help in relation to, results, cao, college, ect......!!
    Hey Tommy, I did level 5 in childcare...i got 4 distinctions, 3 merits and 2 passes.......

Pass: 20 points Merit: 35 point Distinction: 50 points
    Scores are adjusted pro-rata to take account of credit values other than 1 for the modules. Scores are also adjusted pro-rata to take account of the module level; level 1 scores are multiplied by 0.5, level 2 scores are multiplied by 1.0 and level 3 scores are multiplied by 1.25......

What does the above passage actually mean (IT Tralee)????I think my course was level 2 in the NCVA....thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement